Shigui Tao , Professor, Doctoral supervisor, the dean of finance department of the Nanjing Normal University Business School. From 1987 to 2000 Professor Tao worked in Lianyungang Central Branch of the People's Bank of China. From 2001 to 2002 worked in Nanjing Branch of the People's Bank of China. He has been working at Nanjing Normal University Business School since August 2002. He got PhD degree in law from the Nanjing Normal University Public Administration School in 2009.
Professor Tao long-term commitment to research in the field of international finance, financial system, science and technology finance, rural finance and so on. These studies have also achieved certain results. Ten papers were published in the journals of the soft science in China "," finance and economics "," reform "," international finance research ", which contains eight papers in authoritative journals. Presided over the National Social Science Fund Project (13BJY171) “research on the risk prevention and control of China's foreign exchange reserves in response to military conflict”, the planning project of Ministry of Education (10YJAGJW015) " research on foreign exchange reserves to China economic security effect and countermeasure ", Jiangsu Province Social Science Fund Project (09CSJ002) "research on Yangtze River delta jointly promote the innovation of financial system ", 2010 Jiangsu Province Soft Science Research Project "research on the Jiangsu development of innovative technology-based economy financing tool selection and financial product innovation", China Science and technology Association "college graduates starting salary survey", Philosophy and social sciences research project of Jiangsu Provincial Education Department(06SJB790029) "research on the service system of financial support in the construction of new socialist countryside", and participates in a number of provincial and ministerial level projects. Presided over the "international financial theory and practice" course was established as the construction project of the research teaching demonstration course of Nanjing Normal University in 2010 (Ning Shi Jiao No.19). Hosted the project “academic degree and professional degree graduate students coordinated development of education research and practice, to finance as an example” is the study of Jiangsu Province students education teaching reform study and practice of the subject in 2012(project approval No.: JGLX12_036 036). “Research on social demand change and professional degree graduate education structure adjustment -- Based on the investigation of the two sides of talent supply and demand”(C1-2013Y02-010) is the Chinese society of degree and postgraduate education subject. Professor Tao is also the deputy editor of the textbook "finance" and "international finance".
Professor Tao was named the "excellent guidance teacher of the students' social practice " and "outstanding graduate student mentor" in 2010.
Professor Tao is the director of the Jiangsu International Finance Society and the China Foreign Economic Research Association. In 2013, he was hired as the member of the financial professional construction committee of Jiangsu Institute of Economic&Trade Technology.
Papers and Monographs
- “Factors influencing China’s International Capital Flows”, Tao Shigui, Liu Junbin. 2015, Asia-pacific Economic Review, 3
- “Impact of RMB Cross-border Transactions on Balance of Payment
Statistics and Management: An Empirical Research Based on SVAR Model”, Ye Yafei Tao Shigui, 2015, International Business, 1
- “Study on the Influence of the External Appreciation and the, Internal Depreciation of RMB on Internationalization”, Tao Shigui, Liu Junbin, 2014, Shanghai Journal of Economics, 11
- “A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of the RMB Exchange Rate Paradox, under the Exchange Rate Price Transmission Mechanism”, Tao Shigui, Sun Yu, 2014, Economic Survey,6
- “International capital flow, exchange rate fluctuate, and the structural improvement of balance of international payment”, Gao Yuncong, 2014, Zhejiang Finance, 10
- “Security and Net Investment Yield of China's Foreign Reserves after QE”, Tao Shigui1 Liu Junbin, 2014, Finance & Economics, 9
- “Human Capital and Urban-Rural Income Gap Analysis, and Improvement of the Path Selection”, Zhang Wei, Tao Shigui, 2014, Economic Issues in China, 1
- “The Study on the Effect of Exchange Rate on the Multi-national Manufacturing Industry under the Condition of Currency Mismatch: 2005-2012”, Tao Shigui, Gao Yuncong, 2014, Modern Finance and Economics (Journal of Tianjin University of Finance and Economics), 1
- “How to combine cultural industries with financial industry”. Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2014, Wuhan Finance, 3
- “The academic evolvement of relevance between RMB exchange rate and foreign exchange reserve and current countermeasure”. Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2014, Journal of Financial Development Research, 1
- “Currency substitution, anti--Currency substitution, and analysis of effective elements”. Tao Shigui, Chong Liangliang, 2014, Innovation, 1
- “The International Monetary Trap, Being-dollarized and De-dollarization——And the Analysis of Problems in the RMB Internationalization in Building New International Monetary Order”, Tao Shigui, Chen Jianyu, 2015, Finance & Economics, 8
- “Financial reform and distortion and rectification of structure during development”. Tao Shigui, 2015, Exploration and Free Views, 9
- “Study on the Relationship Between the Degree of Interest Rate Marketization and Cross-border Trade in RMB Settlement”, Tao Shigui, Gu Jingjing, 2016，The Theory and Practice of Finance and Economics, 1
- “The Effects of Monetary Policy Changes on Short-Term International Capital Flow”, Tao Shigui Zhang Siyu，2016，International Business, 1
- “A Study on the Safety Assessment and Early Warning Indicator System for China＇s Foreign Exchange Reserves”, Tao Shigui, JI Li，2013，China Soft Science, 9
- “Estimates of Overseas RMB Stock and Its Impact on Domestic Money Supply——Based on the RMB Cross-border Transactions Perspective”, Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2013，Finance & Trade Economics, 9
- “Utilization of Funds, Flow of Bank Credit and Financial Risk Control”, Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2013, Reform, 7
- “The Logic of Institutional Changes and Risk Prevention of Local Banks under Local Government's Shareholding”, Tao Shigui 2013, Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Social Science Edition), 3
- “The Fluctuation of RMB Exchange Rate, Foreign Exchange Reserves and Inflation-Based on the Structural Break Theory”, Tao Shigui/ Lu Miaomiao, 2013, Shanghai Finance, 2
- “Research on the Effect of Exchange Rate on Outward Foreign Direct Investment: Based on China's Sample”, TAO Shi-gui1，XIANG Rui2, 2012, Economic Management Journal, 5
- “Accumulated Foreign Exchange Reserves Currency to Create Passively and Economic Transforming and Upgrading”, Tao Shigui and Zhang Qiang, 2012, Journal of Finance and Economics, 6
- “Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in China: 1998－2010———By Introducing the New Factor: The Exchange Rate”, Tao Shigui and Lu Miaomiao, 2012, Journal of Finance and Economics, 2
- “Research into the Impact of Foreign Exchange Sterilized Intervention on China’s Monetary Policy Independence”, Tao Shigui, Wang Zhenjie, 2012, Economic Survey, 2
- “The comparative study on the relationship between China--US financial development and economic advancement”. Tao Shigui, Liu Yang, 2012，Inquiry into Economic Issues, 1
- “The Influence of Foreign Exchange Reserves on Stock Market Prices——From the Perspective of the Liquidity”, Tao Shigui, Sui Peipei, 2012, East China Economic Management, 2
- “RMB’s internationalization and global payment imbalance’s circle: theory and demonstration”. Tao Shigui, Yang Guoqiang, 2011, Shanghai Finance, 12
- “Capital Control, the System of Exchange Settlement and Sales, the Efficiency of Resource Allocation: in Vision of China’s Foreign Exchange Reserves System”, Tao Shigui, SUI Peipei, 2011, Reform, 11
- “The Difficulty of Curbing Inflation through RMB Appreciation”, Tao Shigui1 Wang Wei2, 2011, Finance & Economics, 10
- “The current situation and reviews of effects in terms of economic security that foreign exchange reserve brings to us”. Tao Shigui, Xiang Rui, 2011, Inquiry into Economic Issues, 8
- “Research of RMB Equilibrium Real Exchange: 1978— 2009”, Xiang Rui, Tao Shigui, 2010, East China Economic Management, 7
- “A Study of “International Acceptability” Strategy of RMB”, Tao Shigui, 2009, Contemporary Finance & Economics, 9
- “The aging of population and the introduction of complementary currency”. Tao Shigui, 2009, Shanghai Finance, 7
- “Foreign Exchange Reserves: illusions, Preferences, and Traps”, Tao Shigui, 2009, Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Social Science Edition), 4
- “The pilot study on definition, attributes and features of complementary currency”. Tao Shigui, 2009, Inquiry into Economic Issues, 7
- “Aim of the management system reform on China’s foreign exchange: free exchange of RMB or balance of international payment”. Tao Shigui, 2009, Investment Research, 3
- “International reference and routing selection of structure improvement on China’s international payments”. Sun Lin, Tao Shigui, 2008, Investment Research, 9
- “A Further Research on the Property Right System Reform of Rural Credit Cooperatives”, Tao Shigui, 2008, Economic Survey, 3
- “The research overview on China’s global payment imbalance”. Tao Shigui, 2008, Inquiry into Economic Issues, 2
- “The management system reform exploration of rural credit cooperative under an open market”. Tao Shigui, 2008, Agricultural Economy, 2
- “Research on Anti-substitution of RMB to Foreign Exchange”, Tao Shigui, 2007, Journal of Guangdong University of Finance, 6
- “Central Bank Refinancing: Function Alienation”，Tao Shigui,2007, Finance and Insurance,1
- “Analysis of Rural Cooperative Financial in the Introduction of Foreign Banks Stake”, Tao Shigui、Zhang Qianqian, 2006, Social Sciences in Nanjing,3.
- “Sort of Rural Credit Cooperatives Reform Priorities”, Tao Shigui, 2006, Modern Economic Research, 1.
- “A Preliminary Study of RMB Cross-border Transactions Included in the Balance of Payments Statistics”, Tao Shigui, 2005, International Finance Research, 11.
- “Explore of Local Governments’ Investment in Shares of Rural Credit Cooperatives”, Tao Shigui, 2005, Modern Economic Research, 9.
- “Trend Analysis of ‘Capital Stock of Deposit’ Property System in Rural Credit Cooperatives”, Tao Shigui, 2005,Rural Economy, 5.
- “Domestic Foreign Financial Institutions' Strategy and Cracks of ‘Policy Breaking ’”, Tao Shigui, 2004, Nanjing Normal University (Social Science Edition), 2.
- “Exploration of Foreign exchange broker system introduced in China's foreign exchange market”, Tao Shigui, 2003, Foreign Trade Practice, 10.
- “Feasibility of Establishing RMB Freedom Exchange Ring in China’s Neighboring Countries and Regions”, Tao Shigui, 2003, Guangdong University of Business Studies, 1.
- “Exploration of Reform of Rural Credit Cooperatives System of Property Rights”, Tao Shigui, 2002, Rural Economy, 11.
- “Preliminary Conception of RMB Regionalization”, Tao Shigui, 2002, Management Modernization, 5.
- “International Experience and Path Selection of RMB’s Internal Convertibility”, Tao Shigui, 2002, International Finance Research, 1.
- “Methods and Coping Strategies of Foreign Banks in Competing for Quality Customers”, Tao Shigui, 2002, Economic Management, 19.
- “Performance and Causes of Recent financial turmoil in Latin America”, Tao Shigui, 2002, Foreign Trade Practice, 9.
- “Deposit Name System: Obstacles and Countermeasures”, Tao Shigui,1999, Economist,6.
- “Consumer Credit: a New Growth Point of China's Commercial Banks”, Tao Shigui, 1999, China Soft Science, 8.
- “New Thinking of Improving efficiency in Individual Use of Foreign Exchange”, Tao Shigui, 1999, International Trade Issues, 8.
- “Optimization Strategies of Chinese and Foreign Currency Funds’ Allocation”, Tao Shigui, 1999, International Trade Issues, 7.
- “Causes, Influence and Inspiration of the Financial Crisis in Korea”, Tao Shigui, 1998, Trade Economics, 3.
- “Causes, Harm and Inspiration of the Asian Financial Turmoil”, Tao Shigui, 1997, Dynamic Economics, 10.
- “Analysis and Some Countermeasures of Financial Risk”, Tao Shigui, 1997, Central University of Finance and Economics, 10.
- “Discussion on the Issue of Issuing Foreign Currency Bonds among Residents”, Tao Shigui, 1997, International Economics and Trade Research, 3.
- “Discussion on Coordinated Operation of Domestic and Foreign Capital”, Tao Shigui, 1997, Literature Magazine, 1.
- “Discussion on Strategies of RMB’s Conditional Convertibility in Capital Account”, Tao Shigui, 1996, International Economics and Trade Research, 6.
- “China Should Establish a Foreign Exchange Interbank Market As Soon As Possible”, Tao Shigui, 1996, International Finance Research, 3.
- “Border Trade Should be a Breakthrough of RMB’s Free Convertibility”, Tao Shigui, 1996, International Trade Issues, 3.
- “Characteristics and Prevention of International Short-term Speculative Capital”, Tao Shigui, 1995, World Economy, 12.
- “New Thinking on the effects of foreign exchange reserves to inflation” , Tao Shigui,1996, Dynamic Economics, 2.
- “Malpractice of ‘Return Investment’ and Effective Measures of Reducing ‘Return Investment ’", Tao Shigui, 1991, Financial Research, 5.
- “Suggestions on Improving Correlation of RMB’s Exchange Rate and Interest Rate”, Tao Shigui, 1995, Dynamic Economics, 7.
- “Discussion on Choosing the Goal of China's Foreign Exchange Management System Reform”, Tao Shigui, 1994, Dynamic Economics, 4.
- “The Impact and Countermeasures of Foreign Exchange Trade New System on Foreign-invested Enterprises”, Tao Shigui, 1994, Trade Economics, 7.
- “Discussion On the Free Convertibility and Target Selection of RMB”, Tao Shigui, 1992, Trade Economics, 12.
- “Czech’s Experience and Inspiration in Inflation Controlling”, Tao Shigui, 1995, World Economics and Politics, 6.
- “Perfect the Thinking of China's Foreign Exchange Operation Mechanism”, Tao Shigui, 1994, Economic Science, 2.
- “Suggestions on Improving the Exchange Rate in Export Earnings”, Tao Shigui, 1990, Economic Theory and Business Management, 6.
- Tao Shigui, 2014, “Inherent Logic and Routing about Chinese Banking System Institutional Change”, People's Publishing House.
- Hu Xiu editor, Tao Shigui deputy editor, 2013, "International Finance", Wuhan University Press.
- Hu Xiu editor, Tao Shigui deputy editor, 2013, " Finance " (Money and Banking), Wuhan University Press.
Projects and Awards
1. Tao Shigui, 2013-2015, China's foreign exchange reserves to deal with the risk of military conflict prevention study, the National Social Science Fund Project
2. Tao Shigui, 2010-2013, the impact of huge foreign exchange reserves on China's economic security and countermeasures research, Ministry of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences project
3. Tao Shigui, 2009-2013, research on Yangtze River delta jointly promote the innovation of financial system, Jiangsu Province Social Science Fund Project
4. Tao Shigui, 2010-2011, research on the Jiangsu development of innovative technology-based economy financing tool selection and financial product innovation, Jiangsu soft science research project
5. Tao Shigui, 2010-2012, the survey of university graduates starting salary, China Association for Science project
6. Tao Shigui, 2006-2007, research on the service system of financial support in the construction of new socialist countryside, Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education Philosophy and social science research projects
7. Tao Shigui, 2003-2004, Study on property right system reform of rural credit cooperatives, Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education Philosophy and social science research projects
8. Tao Shigui, 2012-2014, academic degree and professional degree graduate students coordinated development of education research and practice, to finance as an example, Graduate Education Teaching Reform of Jiangsu Province and practical issues
9. Tao Shigui, 2013-2015, Research on social demand change and professional degree graduate education structure adjustment -- Based on the investigation of the two sides of talent supply and demand, China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Society
10. Tao Shigui, 2010-2013, international financial theory and practice, Nanjing Normal University research teaching model courses construction project
11. Tao Shigui, 2012-2013, the university "System+ Interactive+ Exploration" explore new teaching methods, teaching reform of Nanjing Normal university research
12. Tao Shigui, Wang Wei, 2012, through the appreciation of the RMB to curb inflation is difficult to take place, Jiangsu provincial philosophy and Social Sciences fifth academic conference excellent paper award
13. Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2014, estimation of RMB Offshore stock and its effects on the amount of money supply in China - based on RMB cross-border trade perspective, Jiangsu Province the ninth University Philosophy and Social Sciences outstanding achievement award
14. Tao Shigui, Sun Yu, 2014, finance support entity economic growth of the Chinese sample analysis, Jiangsu Province Institute of International Finance 2014 report reviewed the first prize of outstanding issues, Economic Development Institute of the World 2014 Annual Conference Best Paper award
15. Tao Shigui, Ye Yafei, 2014, the impact of interest rate market reform on small and medium banks and countermeasures research, Jiangsu Province, provincial philosophy and Social Sciences eighth academic excellence thesis second award
1. International Finance (Undergraduate)
2. Central Bank (Undergraduate)
3. International Finance Practice (Undergraduate)
4. Senior International Finance (Graduate)
5. Financial Policy and Financial Supervision Practice (Graduate)
6. International Financial Theory and Practice (MBA)
Address: Nanjing Normal University Business School, No.1 Wenyuan Rd., Qixia District, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210023, P.R. China