- Noble metal nanocatalysts
- Nanostructured porous nanocatalysts
- Bio-inspired molecular and nanoparticle self-assembly
1. Personal Information
School of Chemistry and Materials Science
Nanjing Normal University
Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210046
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
Professor in Physical Chemistry, Nanjing Normal University, 2017-present
Postdoctoral Research, University of Connecticut, 2014-2017 (with Prof. Jie He)
Postdoctoral Research, University of College Park, 2013-2014 (with Prof. Zhihong Nie)
Ph.D., Chemistry, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2009-2013 (With Prof. Shunai Che)
M.Sc., Chemistry, Beijing Institute of Technology, 2007-2009 (with Prof. Changjin Zhu)
B. Eng., Chemistry, Hefei University of Technology, 2003-2007
2. Research and Scholarly Activities
Fellowships Prizes and Awards
2015 The Best Doctoral Thesis at Shanghai
2014 SKLMMC Scholarship for outstanding graduated students
2013 The Best Poster in IMMS 2013 Conference
2013 National Scholarship of China
2012 The Best Oral Presentation in 4th Symposium on Molecular Chirality
2012 Qiushi Scholarship for Outstanding Graduated Students at SJTU
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
30. Dongdong Xu, Xiaoli Liu, Hao Lv, Ying Liu, Shulin Zhao, Min Han, Jianchun Bao*, Jie He*, Ben Liu*. Ultrathin Palladium Nanosheets with Selectively Controlled Surface Facets. Chem. Sci. 2018, 10.1039/C8SC00605A. Highlighted by Chem Sci Pick of the Week
29. Ben Liu, Michael Louis, Lei Jin, Gonghu Li*, and Jie He*. Co-template-directed Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticles in Mesoporous Titanium Dioxide. Chem. Eur. J. 2018, Just Accepted.
28. Ben Liu, Lei Jin, Wei Zhong, Aaron Lopes, Steven L. Suib, Jie He*. Ultrafine and ligand-free precious metal (Ru, Ag, Au, Rh and Pd) nanoclusters supported on phosphorus-doped carbon. Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 2565-2569. Hot Paper
27. Yue Yang, Lei Jin, Ben Liu, Peter Kerns, Jie He*. Direct growth of ultrasmall bimetallic AuPd nanoparticles supported on nitrided carbon towards ethanol electrooxidation. Electrochim. Acta 2018, 269, 441-451.
26. Ben Liu, Huiqin Yao, Haoquan Zheng, Wenqiao Song, Lei Jin, and Jie He*. Ultrafine Co-based nanoparticles@mesoporous carbon nanospheres toward high-performance supercapacitors. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2017, 9, 1746-1758. One of the most accessed papers in 01/2017-02/2017
25. Ben Liu, Srinivas Thanneeru, Aaron Lopes, Lei Jin, Meghan McCabe, and Jie He*. Surface engineering of spherical metal nanoparticles with polymers toward asymmetric synthesis of nanobowls and Janus-type dimers. Small, 2017, 13, 1700091. Highlighted by Advanced Science News
24. Ben Liu, Pu Wang, Aaron Lopes, Lei Jin, Wei Zhong, Yong Pei*, Steven Suib*, and Jie He*. Metal-carbon electronic interaction mediated selective oxidation of styrene. ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 3483-3488. One of the most accessed papers in 04/2017-05/2017
23. Ben Liu, Ting Jiang, Wenqiao Song, Haoquan Zheng, Anthony Federico, Steven Suib*, and Jie He*. Nanoengineering of Aggregation-Free and Thermally-Stable Gold Nanoparticles in Mesoporous Oxide Frameworks. Nanoscale, 2017, 9, 6380-6390.
22. Lei Jin, Ben Liu, Yang Wang, Srinivas Thanneeru, and Jie He*. Synthesis of Mesoporous CoS2 and NixCo1-xS2 with Superior Supercapacitive Performance Using a Facile Solid-Phase Sulfurization. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2017, 9, 34837-34848.
21. Lei Jin, Ben Liu, Searle Duay, Jie He*. Engineering Surface Ligands of Noble Metal Nanocatalysts in Tuning the Product Selectivity. Catalysts, 2017, 7, 44.
20. Srinivas Thanneeru, John Nganga, Alireza Shirazi Amin, Ben Liu, Lei Jin, Alfredo Angeles-Boza,* Jie He,* “Enzymatic” photoreduction of CO2 using polymeric metallofoldamers containing Ni-thiolate co-factors, ChemCatChem, 2017, 9, 1157-1163.
19. Ben Liu, Huiqin Yao, Wenqiao Song, Lei Jin, Islam Mosa, James Rusling*, Steven Suib*, and Jie He*. Ligand-Free Noble Metal Nanocluster Catalysts on Carbon Supports via “Soft” Nitriding. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2016, 138, 4718-4721.
18. Ben Liu,+ Huiqin Yao,+ Robert A Daniels, Wenqiao Song, Haoquan Zheng, Lei Jin, Steven Suib*, Jie He*. A facile synthesis of Fe3C@mesoporous carbon nitride nanospheres with superior electrocatalytic activity. Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 5441-5445. (+Equal contribution)
17. Ben Liu, Islam Mosa, Wenqiao Song, Haoquan Zheng, Chung-Hao Kuo, James Rusling, Steven Suib,* and Jie He*. Unconventional structural and morphological transitions of nanosheets, nanoflakes and nanorods of AuNP@MnO2. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2016, 4, 6447-6455.
16. Huiqin Yao, Ben Liu, Islam Mosa, Itti Bist, Jie He* and James Rusling*. Electrocatalytic Oxidation of Alcohols, Tripropylamine, and DNA with Ligand‐Free Gold Nanoclusters on Nitrided Carbon. ChemElectronChem, 2016, 3, 2100-2109.
15. Jianying Wang, Kai Song, Lei Wang, Yijing Liu, Ben Liu, Jintao Zhu*, Xiaolin Xie, Zhihong Nie*. Formation of hybrid core–shell microgels induced by autonomous unidirectional migration of nanoparticles. Mater. Horiz., 2016, 3, 78-82.
14. Ben Liu, Chung-Hao Kuo, Jiejie Chen, Zhu Luo, Srinivas Thanneeru, Weikun Li, Wenqiao Song, Sourav Biswas, Steven Suib*, Jie He*. Ligand-Assisted Co-Assembly Approach toward Mesoporous Hybrid Catalysts of Transition-Metal Oxides and Noble Metals: Photochemical Water Splitting. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 31, 9061-9065. Hot Paper
13. Ben Liu, Zhu Luo, Anthony Federico, Wenqiao Song, Steven Suib*, Jie He*. Colloidal amphiphile-templated growth of highly crystalline mesoporous nonsiliceous oxides. Chem. Mater., 2015, 27, 6173-6176. Cover Paper
12. Yijing Liu, Ben Liu, Zhihong Nie*. Concurrent self-assembly of amphiphiles into nanoarchitectures with increasing complexity. Nano Today, 2015, 10, 278-300.
11. Weikun Li, Srinivas Thanneeru, Istvan Kanyo, Ben Liu, Jie He*. Amphiphilic Hybrid Nano Building Blocks with Surfactant-Mimicking Structures. ACS Macro Lett., 2015, 4, 736-740.
10. Ben Liu,+ Yuanyuan Cao,+ Yingying Duan, Zhehao Huang, Shunai Che*. Silica Biominerilization of Self-Assembly of Helical Biomolecules. Adv. Mater., 2015, 27, 479-497. (+Equal contribution)
9. Ben Liu, Lu Han, Yingying Duan, Yuanyuan Cao, Ji Feng, Yuan Yao, Shunai Che*, Growth of Optically Active Chiral Inorganic Films by DNA Self-Assembly and Silica Mineralization. Sci. Rep., 2014, 4, 4866.
8. Ben Liu, Yuan Yao, Shunai Che*. Template-assisted self-assembly: alignment, placement and arrangement of two-dimensional mesostructured DNA-silica platelets. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 14436-14440. Hot Paper
7. Ben Liu, Yuanyuan Cao, Yingying Duan, Shunai Che*, Water-dependent optical activity inversion of chiral DNA-silica assemblies. Chem. Eur. J., 2013, 19, 16382-16388.
6. Ben Liu, Lu Han, Shunai Che*. Silica mineralisation of DNA chiral packing: helicity control and formation mechanism of impeller-like DNA-silica helical architectures. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1, 2843-2850.
5. Yuanyuan Cao, Junjie Xie, Ben Liu, Lu Han* and Shunai Che*. Synthesis and characterization of mutti-helical DNA-silica fibers. Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 1097-1099.
4. Ben Liu,+ Lu Han,+ Shunai Che*. Formation of Enantiomeric Impeller-Like Helical Architectures by DNA Self-Assembly and Silica Mineralization. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 923-927. VIP paper (+Equal contribution)
3. Ben Liu, Lu Han*, Shunai Che*. Formation of impeller-like helical DNA–silica complexes by polyamines induced chiral packing. Interface Focus, 2012, 2, 608-616.
2. Lu Han*, Chenyu Jin, Ben Liu, Shunai Che*. DNA–Silica Mineralization: The Formation of Exceptional Two Dimensional-Square p4mm Symmetry by a Structural Transformation. Chem. Mater., 2012, 24, 504-511.
1. Shaohua Liu, Lu Han, Yingying Duan, Shunsuke Asahina, Osamu Terasaki, Yuanyuan Cao, Ben Liu, Liguo Ma, Jialiang Zhang, Shunai Che*. Synthesis of chiral TiO2 nanofibre with electron transition-based optical activity. Nature Commun., 2012, 3, 1215.