Visiting Scholar, University of Connecticut, America (2016)
PhD, Physical Chemistry, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2008)
MA, Chemical Engineering, Liaoning University of Petroleum and Chemical Technology (2005)
BA, Chemistry, Laocheng University (2002)
Synthesis of New Catalytic Materials
Nanomaterials and layered and mesoporous materials as catalytic supports attract more attention of researchers. However, there are many difficulties for this design of some composites, such as metal phosphates, mixed oxides and so on. Some new synthesis method and technical means should be introduced for this design. In this area, our research work focuses on the design of novel structural features and reactivity, we have synthesized several kinds of nano-sized metal phosphates/hydrophosphates, layered phosphates and mesoporous mixed oxides.
Catalytic Synthesis of Chemical Intermediates
In China, there are many technical bottlenecks in the production of modern chemical industry, such as high energy consumption, serious environmental damage and outdated processes. We are committed to the development of low-cost, environmentally friendly and advanced catalytic technology; several processes have been developed, including the oxidations of olefins, oxidations of alcohols and sulfides, hydrogenation of aldehydes, acylation and so on. We will continue working on this area and contributing to the development of China's chemical industry.
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs), Such as light alkanes, aromatic hydrocarbons, and sulfur compounds, which are emitted from many industrial processes and transportation activities, are considered as an important class of air pollutants. Catalytic combustion is one of the most promising technologies for VOCs abatement, due to its definitive character and save of energy. We are committed to this technology and make efforts to improve air quality in our country.
Technique Optimization of Chemical Process
We are committed to the improving of gasoline, diesel, and committed to the research and development of various kinds of petrochemical products, and much efforts are given in the upgrading of traditional, inefficient chemical processes, which is due to our established experience in industrial catalysis.
National Natural Science Foundation of China (2014-2016)
Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (2013-2016)
Corporate Research and Development Project
1. Junhua Liu, Gui Liu, Cheng Liu, Wenxiu Li, Fang Wang*, Nano-sized mesoporous sodium iron hydroxyphosphate supported gold: an effective catalyst for the oxidation of sulfides, Catalysis Science & Technology, 2016, 6, 2055-2059.
2. Fang Wang, Jin Zhang, Cheng Liu, Junhua Liu, Pd-palygorskite catalysts: Preparation, characterization and catalytic performance for the oxidation of styrene, Applied Clay Science, 2015, 105-106, 150-155.
3. Junhua Liu, Fang Wang, Shanshan Qi, Zhenggui Gu, Gongde Wu, Highly selective epoxidation of styrene over gold-silica catalysts via one pot synthesis: Synthesis, characterization, and catalytic application. New Journal of Chemistry, 2013, 37, 769-774.
4. Junhua Liu, Fang Wang, Zhenmao Ma, Jun Lin, Zhenggui Gu, Vanadium phosphorus oxide modified by silver doping: a highly effective catalyst for allylic oxidation of cycloolefins. Catalysis Communications, 2011, 15, 103–107.
5. Junhua Liu, Fang Wang, Zhenggui Gu. Vanadium phosphorus oxide catalyst modified by silver doping for mild oxidation of styrene to benzaldehyde, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2009, 151, 319-323.
6. Junhua Liu, Fang Wang, Kunpeng Sun, Xianlun Xu. Creation of a monomeric ruthenium species on the surface of micro-size copper hydrogen phosphate: an active heterogeneous catalyst for selective aerobic oxidation of alcohols. Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2007, 349, 2439-2444.
Operation and Application in Chemical Unit, Chemical Industry Press, 2010.
Integration and Application of Chemical Separation Technology, Chemical Industry Press, 2010.
Catalytic oxidation of sulfoxide by sulfides, CN103664715B.
A method for catalytic oxidation of one step synthesis of carvone, CN104447263A.
Honors and Awards
Excellent Backbone Young Teacher of Qinglan Project of Nanjing Normal University（2016-2018）