Bioinorganic Chemistry: The effect of rare earth elements, heavy metal ions and medical Nano-material on the microscopic chemical process in the cells have been investigated by using interdisciplinary techniques
- Completed 21 key projects, including the China-US Collaborative Project, the key projects funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China, Foundation of State Developing and Reforming Committee and the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province.
- Three projects are understudied (2015-2024): “the National Natural Science Foundation of China” Program Investigation on Arabinogalactan Proteins of the Primary Target of Rare Earth Elements to Initiate Different Endocytic Pathways in Plant Leaf Cells (21977051), Mechanism and Target Molecule of Rare Earth Ion Activating Endocytosis in the Plant Cell (21371100), and La(III) Activating the Endocytosis of Plant Through Aberrant NDA Methylation of Adapter Protein (21501068), etc.
- Arabinogalactan protein-rare earth element complexes activate plant endocytosis. Lihong Wang, Mengzhu Cheng, Qing Yang, Jigang Li, Xiang Wang, Qing Zhou , Shingo Nagawa, Binxin Xia, Tongda Xu, Rongfeng Huang, Jingfang He, Changjiang Li, Ying Fu, Ying Liu, Jianchun Bao, Haiyan Wei, Hui Li, Li Tan, Zhenhong Gu, Ao Xia, Xiaohua Huang*, Zhenbiao Yang, Xing Wang Deng. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2019, 116:14349-14357.
- Rare earth elements regulate the endocytosis and DNA methylation in root cells of Arabidopsis thaliana. Ding He, Binxin Xia, Qing Zhou, Lihong Wang, Xiaohua Huang*. Chemosphere, 2019, 227: 522-532.
- A living plant cell-based biosensor for real-time monitoring invisible damage of plant cells under heavy metal stress. Xiang Wang, Mengzhu Cheng, Qing Yang, Haiyan Wei, Ao Xia, Lihong Wang, Yue Ben, Qing Zhou, Zhenbiao Yang, Xiaohua Huang*. Sci. Total Environ., 2019, 697:134097.
- Effects of exogenous bisphenol A on the function of mitochondria in root cells of soybean (Glycine max L.) seedlings. Changyun Xiao, Lihong Wang, Dandan Hu, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*. Chemosphere, 2019, 222: 619-627.
- A novel evaluation of the effect of lanthanum exposure on plant populations. Fan Zhang, Yihang Li, Yu Shi, Lihong Wang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*. Chemosphere, 2018, 202: 377-386.
- Abnormal pinocytosis and valence-variable behaviors of cerium suggested a cellular mechanism for plant yield reduction induced by environmental cerium. Lihong Wang, Jingfang He, Qing Yang, Xiaofen Lv, Jigang Li, David D.Y. Chen, Xiaolan Ding, Xiaohua Huang*, Qing Zhou. Environ. Pollut., 2017, 230: 902-910.
- Combined acid rain and lanthanum pollution and its potential ecological risk for nitrogen assimilation in soybean seedling roots. Fan Zhang, Mengzhu Cheng, Zhaoguo Sun, Lihong Wang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*. Environ. Pollut., 2017, 231: 524-532.
- Toxic effects of environmental rare earth elements on delayed outward potassium channels and their mechanisms from a microscopic perspective. Lihong Wang, Jingfang He, Ao Xia, Mengzhu Cheng, Qing Yang, Chunlei Du, Haiyan Wei, Xiaohua Huang*, Qing Zhou. Chemosphere, 2017, 181: 690-698.
- Responses of plant calmodulin to endocytosis induced by rare earth. Lihong Wang , Mengzhu Cheng , Yunxia Chu , Xiaodong Li , David D.Y. Chen , Xiaohua Huang* , Qing Zhou. Chemosphere, 2016, 154:408-415.
- Vitronectin is a first line of defense against lanthanum (III) stress in Arabidopsis leaf cells. Qing Yang, Lihong Wang, Jingfang He, Xiaodong Li, Wenjun Tong, Zhenbiao Yang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*. Environ Exp Bot., 2016, 130: 86–94.
- Rare Earth Elements Activate Endocytosis in Plant Cells. Lihong Wang, Jigang Li, Qing Zhou, Guangmei Yang, Xiao Lan Ding, Xiaodong Li, Chen Xin Cai, Zhao Zhang, Hai Yan Wei, Tian Hong Lu, Xing Wang Deng, Xiaohua Huang*, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2014, 111(35): 12936-12941.
- Enhanced Dual Contrast Agent, Co2+-doped NaYF4:Yb3+, Tm3+ Nanorods, for Near Infrared-to-near Infrared Upconversion Luminescence and Magnetic Resonance Iimaging. Ao Xia, Xiaofeng Zhang, Jun Zhang, Yunyun Deng, Qiang Chen, Shishan Wu, Xiaohua Huang*, Jian Shen. Biomaterials, 2014, 35: 9167-9176.
Honors and Awards
- First Batch of Cross-Century Academic Leaders for Jiangsu Province “333 Project” (1995).
- Outstanding Young Teachers in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (1995).
- First “Hongshanshu” Gardener Award in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (1996).
- Suzhou Model Worker (1997).
- The Third Class Reward of “Shuxun” Normal and Educational Research in Jiangsu Province (1999).
- The Second Class Reward of Excellent Teaching Achievements in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (2001).
- Outstanding Gardener Awarded by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (2003).
- The First Prize of the Technological Invention, China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association (2013).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2014).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2015).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2016).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2017).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2018).
- Professor, Supervisor for Ph.D student. College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University (2003-present).
- Expert of Rare Earth Chemistry. State Developing and Reforming Committee, China (2006-present).
- Standing Deputy Director. Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biofunctional Materials, Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (2007-present).
- Deputy Director. Agricultural and Medical Committee of Rare Earths, China (2009-present).
- Executive Associate Director of the Collaborative Centre. Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center of Biomedical Functional Materials, Jiangsu Province Government (2013-present).
- Executive Director. National and Local Joint Engineering Research Center of Biomedical Functional Materials, State Developing and Reforming Committee, China (2013-present).