Bioinorganic Chemistry: The effect of rare earth elements, heavy metal ions and medical Nano-material on the structure, function and microscopic chemical process in the cells have been investigated with the optimizing combination of the physiochemical mea
- Completed 21 key projects, including the China-US Collaborative Project, the key projects funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China, Foundation of State Developing and Reforming Committee and the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province.
- Three projects are understudied (2014-2018): “the National Natural Science Foundation of China” Program Investigation on Mechanism and Target Molecule of Rare Earth Ion Activating Endocytosis in the Plant Cell (21371100), and La(III) Activating the Endocytosis of Plant Through Aberrant NDA Methylation of Adapter Protein (21501068), etc.
- Rare Earth Elements Activate Endocytosis in Plant Cells. Lihong Wang, Jigang Li, Qing Zhou, Guangmei Yang, Xiao Lan Ding, Xiaodong Li, Chen Xin Cai, Zhao Zhang, Hai Yan Wei, Tian Hong Lu, Xing Wang Deng, Xiaohua Huang*, PNAS, 2014, 111(35): 12936-12941.
- Combined Effects of Lanthanum (III) Chloride and Acid Rain on Photosynthetic Parameters in Rice. Lihong Wang, Wen Wang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*, Chemosphere, 2014, 112: 355-361.
- Enhanced Dual Contrast Agent, Co2+-doped NaYF4:Yb3+, Tm3+ Nanorods, for Near Infrared-to-near Infrared Upconversion Luminescence and Magnetic Resonance Iimaging. Ao Xia, Xiaofeng Zhang, Jun Zhang, Yunyun Deng, Qiang Chen, Shishan Wu, Xiaohua Huang*, Jian Shen, Biomaterials, 2014, 35: 9167-9176.
- Mn2+-doped NaYF4:Yb/Er Upconversion Nanoparticles with Amplified Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence for Tumor Biomarker Detection. Min Liu, Yuhang Ye, Cheng Yao, Wenbo Zhao, Xiaohua Huang*. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2014, 2: 6626–6633.
- Polypeptide-Functionalized NaYF4:Yb3+, Er3+ Nanoparticles: Red Emission Biomarkers for High Quality Bioimaging Using a 915 nm Laser. Ao Xia, Yunyun Deng, Huan Shi, Jin Hu, Jun Zhang, Shishan Wu, Qiang Chen, Xiaohua Huang, * and Jian Shen* ACS Appl. Mater. Inter., 2014, 6: 18329 -18336.
- Laccase Biosensor Based on Phytic Acid Modification of Nanostructured SiO2 Surface for Sensitive Detection of Dopamine. Wenbo Zhao, Kuai Wang, Yuan Wei, Yinghui Ma, Lingling Liu, Xiaohua Huang*, Langmuir, 2014, 30:11131-11137.
- Au-F127 strawberry-like nanospheres as an electrochemical interface for sensitive detection of carcinoembryonic antigen in real sample. Juan Li, Hangqing Xie, Yuhong Liu, Hang Ren, Wenbo Zhao*, Xiaohua Huang*. Talanta, 2015, 144:404-410.
- Combined Effects of Lanthanum (III) and Acid Rain on Antioxidant Enzyme System in Soybean Roots. Xuanbo Zhang, Yuping Du, Lihong Wang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*, Zhaoguo Sun. Plos One, 2015, 31:1-15.
- Analysis of Effects of a Eew Environmental Pollutant, Bisphenol A, on Antioxidant Systems in Soybean Roots at Different Growth Stages. Jiazhi Zhang, Xingyi Li, Li Zhou, Lihong Wang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang*. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6, 23782.DOI: 10.1038/srep23782.
- Novel Triphosphorylation Polyurethane Nanoparticles for Blood-contacting Biomaterials' Coating. Zhang, Jun, Sun, Zhijun, Zhu, Haomiao, Guo, Qiaochu, He, Chengai, Xia, Ao, Mo, Hong, Huang, Xiaohua*, Shen, Jian. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2016,4:1116-1121.
- Responses of plant calmodulin to endocytosis induced by rare earth. Lihong Wang , Mengzhu Cheng , Yunxia Chu , Xiaodong Li , David D.Y. Chen , Xiaohua Huang* , Qing Zhou. Chemosphere, 2016, 154:408-415.
- Vitronectin is a first line of defense against lanthanum (III) stress in Arabidopsis leaf cells. Qing Yang, Lihong Wang, Jingfang He, Xiaodong Li, Wenjun Tong, Zhenbiao Yang, Qing Zhou, Xiaohua Huang. Environ Exp Bot., 2016, 130: 86–94.
Honors and Awards
- First Batch of Cross-Century Academic Leaders for Jiangsu Province “333 Project” (1995).
- Outstanding Young Teachers in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (1995).
- First “Hongshanshu” Gardener Award in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (1996).
- Suzhou Model Worker (1997).
- The Third Class Reward of “Shuxun” Normal and Educational Research in Jiangsu Province (1999).
- The Second Class Reward of Excellent Teaching Achievements in Higher Education Institutions of Jiangsu Province (2001).
- Outstanding Gardener Awarded by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (2003).
- The First Prize of the Technological Invention, China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association (2013).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2014).
- Most Cited Chinese Researchers awarded by Elsevier (2015).
- Professor, Supervisor for Ph.D student. College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University(2003-present).
- Expert of Rare Earth Chemistry. State Developing and Reforming Committee, China (2006-present).
- Standing Deputy Director. Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biofunctional Materials, Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education(2007-present).
- Deputy Director. Agricultural and Medical Committee of Rare Earths, China(2009-present).
- Executive Associate Director of the Collaborative Centre. Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center of Biomedical Functional Materials, Jiangsu Province Government(2013-present).
- Executive Director. National and Local Joint Engineering Research Center of Biomedical Functional Materials, State Developing and Reforming Committee, China(2013-present).