Xu-Dong Chen obtained his B.S. and M.S. degrees at Nankai University. He received his PhD degree at the Chinese Univestiy of Hong Kong under the supervision of Prof. Thomas C. W. Mak. He was then postdoctoral fellow at the Chinese Univestiy of Hong Kong (with Prof. Thomas C. W. Mak), University of Waterloo (with Prof. Sonny C. Lee) and Harvard University (with Prof. Richard H. Holm and Prof. Roy G. Gordon). He has been working as Jiangsu specially-appointed professor in Nanjing Normal University scince 2014.
Current research interest of the CHEN researche group is focused on synthetic inorganic chemistry, which include: 1. Structural mimicking of nitrogenase FeMo cofactor and small molecule activation; 2. Design and synthesis of ALD/CVD precusors; 3. Functional coordination compounds.
- Xu, G; Wang, Z.; Ling, R.; Zhou, J.; Chen, X.-D.*; Holm, R.H.* “Ligand metathesis as rational strategy for the synthesis of cubane-type heteroleptic iron–sulfur clusters relevant to the FeMo cofactor” PNAS, 2018, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1801025115.
- Ye, C.-P.; Xu, G; Wang, Z.; Han, J.;Xue, L.; Cao, F.-Y.; Zhang, Q.; Yang, L.-F.; Lin, L.-Z.; Chen, X.-D.* “Design and Synthesis of Functionalized Coordination Polymers as Recyclable Heterogeneous Photocatalysts” Dalton Trans., 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C8DT00902C.
- Wang, Z.; Gao, H.-L.; Chen, X.-D.* “Some Recent Synthetic Development on Compounds with Potent Activities on Hormone-sensitive Breast Cancers” Curr. Org. Chem., 2015, 19, 898-918.
- Huskinson, B.; Marshak, M.P.; Suh, C.W.; Er, S.; Gerhardt, M.R. ; Galvin, C.J.; Chen, X.-D.; Aspuru-Guzik, A.; Gordon, R.G.; Aziz, M.J.* “A Metal-Free Organic-Inorganic Aqueous Flow Battery” Nature, 2014, 505, 195-198.
- Chen, X.-D.; Duncan, J.S.; Verma, A.K.; Lee, S.C.* “Selective Syntheses of Iron-Imide-Sulfide Cubanes, Including a Partial Representation of the Fe-S-X Environment in the FeMo Cofactor” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 15884-15886.
- Chen, X.-D.; Zhang W.; Duncan, J.S.; Lee, S.C.* “Iron-Amide-Sulfide and Iron-Imide-Sulfide Clusters: Heteroligated Core Environments Relevant to the Nitrogenase FeMo Cofactor” Inorg. Chem., 2012, 51, 12891-12904.
- Chen, X.-D.; Zhao, X.-H.; Chen, M.; Du, M.* “A 3-D Copper(II) Coordination Framework Showing Different Kinetic and Thermodynamic Crystal Transformations through Removal of Guest Water Cubes” Chem. Eur. J., 2009, 15, 12974-1297 (Front Cover and VIP article)
- Chen, X.-D.; Wan, C.-Q.; Sung, H.H.Y.; Williams, I.D.; Mak, T.C.W.* “Control of Channel Size for Selective Guest Inclusion with Inlaid Anionic Building Blocks in a Porous Cationic Metal-Organic Host Framework” Chem. Eur. J., 2009, 15, 6518-652
National Natural Science Foundation of China
Jiangsu Province of China
Jiangsu Provincial Department of Science and Technology
Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education
Nanjing Normal University