Our research interests are in chemical biology, bioinorganic chemistry, and medicinal chemistry. Our research program focuses on the discovery and development of activity-based chemical tools and natural products to address problems at the interface of chemistry and biology. We are interested in activity-based sensing probes for probing specific analytes in living cells, tissues, and animals, with a special interest in the fluorescent imaging of gasotransmitters, neurotransmitters, metal ions, or other biomarkers that closely related to neurodegenerative diseases (such as epilepsy), cancer, etc. We are paid attention to exploring activity-based proteome profiling, which used chemoproteomics to identify and characterize biological targets of natural or designed agents. We also work on developing new anticancer agents that design on the traditional Chinese medicines or natural products.
Professor, School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University, China, 2018 –
Associate Professor, School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Nanjing Normal University, China, 2016 – 2018
Alexander von Humboldt Scholar, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Germany, 2014 – 2016
Associate Research Professor, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, China, 2012 – 2014
Visiting Scholar, Department of Chemistry, University of Chicago, USA, 2010 – 2012
Ph.D., School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, China, 2007 – 2012
HONORS and AWARDS
Jiangsu Shuangchuang Team (Core Member), 2019
Jiangsu Specially appointed professor, 2018
The Third prize of Science and Technology in Anhui province, 2015
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 2014
Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award of Jiangsu Province, 2013
Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award of Nanjing University, 2013
Award of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Top 25 Cited Author 2010 to 2011, 2012
Outstanding Graduate Awards of Nanjing University, 2012
Excellent Graduate Student Award, Nanjing University, 2011
Tung OOCL Scholarship, Nanjing University, 2011
State Scholarship Fund for oversea Joint Education, 2010.
5. Chenwen Shao, Jiwen Yuan, Yani Liu, Yajuan Qin, Xueao Wang, Jin Gu, Guiquan Chen, Bing Zhang, Hong-Ke Liu, Jing Zhao*, Hai-Liang Zhu*, Yong Qian*. Epileptic brain fluorescent imaging reveals apigenin can relieve the myeloperoxidase-mediated oxidative stress and inhibit ferroptosis. PNAS, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1917946117
4. Jian Chen, Chenwen Shao, Xueao Wang, Jin Gu, Hai-Liang Zhu*, Yong Qian*. Imaging of formaldehyde fluxes in epileptic brains with a two-photon fluorescence probe, Chemical Communications, 2020, 56: 3871-3874.
3. Jiong‐sheng Hu, Chenwen Shao, Xueao Wang, Xiaojiao Di, Xuling Xue, Zhi Su, Jing Zhao, Hai‐Liang Zhu*, Hong‐Ke Liu*, Yong Qian*. Imaging Dynamic Peroxynitrite Fluxes in Epileptic Brains with a Near‐Infrared Fluorescent Probe. Advanced Science, 2019, 6, 1900341.
2. Zhen Li, Yuqing Xu, Jie Fu*, Hailiang Zhu*, Yong Qian*. Monitoring of Au(III) species in plants using a selective fluorescent probe. Chemical Communications, 2018, 54, 888-891.
1. Zhen Li, Yuqing Xu, Hailiang Zhu*, Yong Qian*. Imaging of formaldehyde in plants with a ratiometric fluorescent probe. Chemical Science, 2017, 8, 5616-5621.
5. Yong Qian, Marc Schürmann, Peter Janning, Christian Hedberg*, and Herbert Waldmann*. Activity-based proteome profiling probes based on Woodward’s reagent K with distinct target selectivity. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2016, 55(27): 7766-71.
4. Yong Qian*, Jie Lin, Lujing Han, Lin Lin, Hailiang Zhu*. A resorufin-based colorimetric and fluorescent probe for live-cell monitoring of hydrazine. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2014, 52, 282-286. 3759.
3. Yong Qian, Ling Zhang, Shuting Ding, Xin Deng, Chuan He, Xi Emily Zheng, Hai-Liang Zhu, Jing Zhao*. A Fluorescent Probe for Rapid Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Blood Plasma and Brain Tissues in Mice. Chemical Science, 2012, 3, 2920-2923. (Highlighted in Chemical Science Blog)
2. Yong Qian, Jason Karpus, Omer Kabil, Shu-Yu Zhang, Hai-Liang Zhu, Ruma Banerjee, Jing Zhao & Chuan He*. Selective Fluorescent Probes for Live-Cell Monitoring of Sulfide. Nature Communications, 2011, 2:495, 1506. (Highlighted in C&E News)
1. Yong Qian, Gaoyuan Ma, Aifeng Lv, Hailiang Zhu, Jing Zhao* and Viresh H. Rawal*. Squaramide-Catalyzed Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts Reaction of Indoles with Imines. Chemical Communications, 2010, 46, 3004–3006.
We are inviting applications from highly motivated candidates for Doctoral and Postdoc Research Positions. A strong background and/or interest in chemical biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical chemistry are desired. Please feel free to contact us.
EMAIL: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org