- Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) as catalysts
- 2-D MOFs Nanosheet, MOF membranes and composites of MOFs and other functional materials
- MOFs for biomedical applications
- MOFs for high-resolution separation with diverse chromatographic techniques
Zhi-Yuan Gu earned his B.S. and Ph.D. from Nankai University under the supervision of Prof. Xiu-Ping Yan in 2006 and 2011, respectively. He was a postdoctoral research associate at Texas A&M University from 2011-2014 in Prof. Hong-Cai Zhou’s group. He worked as Jiangsu specialty appointed professor in Nanjing Normal University until now.
1. Xu, M.†; Yuan, S.† (†equal contribution); Chen, X.-Y.; Chang, Y.-J.; Day, G.; Gu, Z.-Y.*; Zhou, H.-C.*, Two-Dimensional Metal-Organic Framework Nanosheets as an Enzyme Inhibitor: Modulation of the α-Chymotrypsin Activity, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2017, 139, 8312-8319. [Link]
2. Liu, H.-L.†; Chang, Y.-J.† (†equal contribution); Fan, T.; Gu, Z.-Y.*, Two-dimensional metal–organic framework nanosheets as a matrix for laser desorption/ionization of small molecules and monitoring enzymatic reactions at high salt concentrations, Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 12984-12987. [Link]
3. Gu, Z.-Y.; Yang, C.-X.; Chang, N.; Yan, X.-P.*, “Metal-Organic Frameworks for Analytical Chemistry: From Sample Collection to Chromatographic Separation”, Acc. Chem. Res., 2012, 45, 734-745. [Link]
4. Gu, Z.-Y.; Yan, X.-P.*, “Metal-Organic Framework MIL-101 for High-Resolution Gas Chromatographic Separation of Xylene Isomers and Ethylbenzene”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2010, 49, 1477-1480. [Link]
5. Feng, D.†; Gu, Z.-Y.† (†equal contribution); Li, J.-R.; Jiang, H.-L.; Wei, Z.; Zhou, H.-C*, “Zirconium-Metalloporphyrin PCN-222: Mesoporous Metal-Organic Frameworks with Ultrahigh Stability as A Biomimetic Catalyst”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 10307-10310. [Link] (VIP and Cover feature, Highlighted in C&EN).
6. Wei, Z.†; Gu, Z.-Y.† (†equal contribution); Arvapally, R.; Chen, Y.-P.; McDougald, R.; Yakovenko, A.; Feng, D.; Omary, M.; Zhou, H.-C.*, “Rigidifying Fluorescent Linkers by MOF Formation for Fluorescence Blue Shift and Quantum Yield Enhancement”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 8269-8276. [Link] (Highlited in Argonne National Lab, United States)
7. Feng, D.†; Gu, Z.-Y.† (†equal contribution); Chen, Y.-P.; Park, J.; Wei, Z.; Sun, Y.; Bosch, M.; Yuan, S.; Zhou, H.-C.*, “A Highly Stable Porphyrinic Zirconium Metal-Organic Framework with shp-a Topology”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 17714-17717. [Link]
8. Gu, Z.-Y.; Wang, G.; Yan, X.-P.*, “MOF-5 Metal-Organic Framework as Sorbent for In-Field Sampling and Preconcentration in Combination with Thermal Desorption GC-MS for Determination of Atmospheric Formaldehyde”, Anal. Chem., 2010, 82, 1365–1370. [Link]
9. Gu, Z.-Y.; Jiang, J.-Q.; Yan, X.-P.*, “Fabrication of Isoreticular Metal-Organic Framework Coated Capillary Columns for High-Resolution Gas Chromatographic Separation of Persistent Organic Pollutants”, Anal. Chem., 2011, 83, 5093-5100. [Link]
10. Gu, Z.-Y.; Chen, Y.-J.; Jiang, J.-Q.; Yan, X.-P.*, “Metal-Organic Frameworks for Efficient Enrichment of Peptides with Simultaneous Exclusion of Proteins from Complex Biological Samples”, Chem. Comm., 2011, 47, 4787-4789. [Link]
Yan, X.-P.*; Gu, Z.-Y.; Wang, H.-F., “Metal-Organic Frameworks as Gas-Chromatographic Stationary Phases for Capillary Columns”, China Patent, Granted CN101706481B.
Honors and Awards:
• Young Researcher Promotion Award, China Association of Science and Technology, 2015
• Jiangsu Specially Appointed Professor, Jiangsu Province, Nov 2014
• Rank 1, Natural Science Award, Ministry of Education, China, Jan 2014
• National Distinguished PhD Dissertation Nomination, Ministry of Education, China, June 2013
• Distinguished PhD Dissertation Award, Tianjin Municipality, China, April 2013
• Analytical Science Poster Award Winner, Kyoto, Japan, May 22-26, 2011
• Agilent Poster Award Winner, Beijing, China, August 19-22, 2010
• Young Researcher Award, Ministry of Education, China, 2010-2011
• “Yang Shixian” Fellowship, Nankai University, 2010
• First-Grade Scholarship, Nankai University, 2010
• Baosteel Excellent Student Fellowship, Baosteel Education Foundation, 2010
National Science Foundation of China, China Association of Science and Technology, Jiangsu Province of China
We warmly welcome students and postdoctoral fellows who are enthusiastic about our research to join our group! Please feel free to contact us by email or phone at any time.