Weiling Cai Associate Professor
- Structure learning and clustering analysis
- Image segmentation
- Pattern classification
Visiting Scholar, University of Michigan (2015.2-2016.1)
Ph.D., Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and astronautics (2004-2008)
B.S., Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and astronautics (1999-2003)
1. Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province, Research on Online Clustering Learning and its Extension for Multi-view Data, by Jiangsu Province Natural Science Fund Office (2016-2019)
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China, Research on Clustering Structure Preserving projection and its Extension, by Natural Science Fund Office of China (2011-2013)
3. Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province, Research on Dimension Reduction and its Subsequent Knowledge Discovery based on Clustering Structure, by Jiangsu Province Natural Science Fund Office (2010-2012)
4. Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions, Research on Unified Learning Framework for Clustering and Classification, by Education Department of Jiangsu Province (2009-2011)
- Weiling Cai. A manifold learning framework for both clustering and classification, Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 89, 641-653, 2015.
- Weiling Cai, Li Wang. An Effective and Efficient FCM for Segmenting Color Image with High Intensity Noise, International Conference on Information Sciences, Machinery, Materials and Energy. Atlantis Press, 1654-1660, 2015.
- Weiling Cai, Lei Lei, A Modified Gaussian Mixture Model Algorithm for Image Segmentation based on Dependable Spatial Constraints, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications, volume 6, no 2, 255-268, 2012.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Daoqiang Zhang, A Multi-objective Simultaneous Learning Framework for Clustering and Classification, IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Volume 21, Issue 2, 185-200, 2010.
- Weiling Cai, Lei Lei and Ming Yang, A Gaussian Mixture Model-based Clustering Algorithm for Image Segmentation using Dependable Spatial Constraints, 3rd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP), Volume 3, 1268-1272 , 2010.
- Weiling Cai, Lei Lei, A Novel Clustering based Classifier using Support Vector Machines Criterion, Chinese Conference on Pattern Recognition 2010 (CCPR), Volume 2, 749-753, 2010.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Daoqiang Zhang, A Simultaneous Learning Framework for Clustering and Classification, Pattern Recognition, Volume 42, Issue 7: 1248-1259, 2009.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Daoqiang Zhang, Fast and Robust Fuzzy c-means Clustering Algorithms Incorporating Local Information for Image Segmentation, Pattern Recognition, Volume 40, Issue 3: 825-838, 2007.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Daoqiang Zhang, Robust Fuzzy Relational Classifier Incorporating the Soft Class Labels, Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 28, Issue 16: 2250-2263, 2007.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Lei Lei, A Fuzzy Clustering Algorithm for Image Segmentation Using Dependable Neighbor Pixels, CJK Joint Workshop on Pattern Recognition (CJKPR), 840-844,2009.
- Weiling Cai and Jundi Ding, Effective Image Segmentation Framework for GMM Incorporating Local Information, Transactions of Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Volume 25, Issue 4, 266-274 ,2008.
- Weiling Cai, Songcan Chen and Daoqiang Zhang, Enhanced Fuzzy Relational Classifier with Representative Training Samples, The International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition, Volume 1, 112-117, 2007.
- Qianqiang, Songcan Chen, Weiling Cai, Simultaneous Clustering and Classification over Cluster Structure Representation, Pattern Recognition, volume 45, no 6, 2227-2236, 2012.
- Ming Yang, Naisong Jiang, Weiling Cai. The role of compile principle in software curriculum, 2010 5th International Conference on Computer Science & Education (ICCSE 2010), 2010, 671-674.
Honors and Awards：
1. Outstanding Paper Award of Honorable Mentions, by SCI Journal of Pattern Recognition (2009)
2. Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, by Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics (2010)