- Moral studies
- Inclusive education
- Moral studies
- inclusive education
- PhD, Education, Nanjing Normal University (2004)
- MA, English Linguistics, Nanjing Normal University (2001)
- BA, English Language and Literature, Anhui University (1997)
- Visiting scholar, University of California at Berkeley, sponsored by Department of Education of Jiangsu Province（2013.1-2014.1）
- Visiting student, Roehampton University in London, UK & Charles University at Prague, Republic of Czech, sponsored by the Committee of Culture and Education of EU （2007.4－2007.7）
- The status quo, predictors, and strategies concerning adolescents caring for others (Grant No.: 11YJC880029), funded by Ministry of Education, 2011-2016.
- The status quo, predictors, and strategies concerning the protection of the cultural rights of people with disabilities in China（Grant No.: 12CSH060）, funded by National Social Science Fund of China (NSSFC), 2012-2014.
- Research on the harmonious environment for the development of adolescents with disabilities (Grant No.: 07SHB014), funded by Social Science Fund of Jiangsu Province, 2007-2010.
- Research on caring oriented moral education in the school life (Grant No.: EEA050199), funded by National Office for Education Sciences Planning, 2006-2008.
- Hou, J. (2016). The Status and Influencing Factors of Cyber Information Literacy of Chinese Children with Disabilities. Educational Research, Issue 1, 85-93.
- Hou, J. (2015). The Status and Influencing Factors of Dropping Out of Chinese Children with Disabilities. Chinese Journal of Special Education, Issue 1, 3-9.
- Hou, J. (2015). A Study on the Predictors to Inclusive Schooling of Chinese Children with Disabilities. Educational Research and Experiments, Issue 5, 49-57.
- Hou, J. (2014). Life-oriented Strangers Ethical Education in American Public Elementary Schools. Educational Research, Issue 12, 126-132.
- Hou, J. (2013). How do American Elementary Schools Nurture children’s Character?. China Education Daily, 2013-12-27:7.
- Hou, J. (2013). How do American Elementary Schools Cultivate Pupils’ Habit of Reading?. China Education Daily, 2013-12-23:9.
- Hou, J. (2011). The Modernity Challenges Confronting the Family and its Moral Responses. Journal of Shenzhen University(Humanities & Social Sciences), Issue 1, 32-35.
- Hou, J. (2011). Obstructed Caring: the Impediments to Adolescents’ Moral Learning. Educational Research and Experiments, Issue 3, 53-58.
- Hou, J. (2010). On the Construction of More Supportive Environment for Disabled Children’s Development. A report presented to Jiangsu Province Government via Social Science Planning Office, with suggestions been adopted.
- Hou, J. (2009). On the Construction of Parenting Capacity. China Adult Education, Issue 19, 16-18.
- Hou, J. (2009). On Adolescents’ Development of Good Character. Contemporary Education Sciences, Issue 12, 8-10.
- Hou, J. (2009). Ecological Strategies to Enhance the Moral Education in Vocational Schools. Vocational Education, Issue 23, 23-25.
- Hou, J. (2008). Strategies to Enhance Quality Vocational Education. Vocational Education. Issue 3, 8-10.
- Hou, J. (2007). Quality Schooling Makes People with Disabilities Social Resources. China Education Daily, 2007-12-17, 1.
- Hou, J. (2007). On the Essence of Quality Inclusive Education. Journal of Central China Normal University (Humanities and Social Sciences), Issue 4, 130-134.
- Hou, J. (2006). Bilingual Education Research in China’s Master Programs. China Adult Education, Issue 12, 137-139.
- Hou, J. (2006). On the Compound Concept of Learning and Teachers’ Mission in Spiritual Guidance. Journal of The Chinese Society of Education, Issue 5, 75-78.
- Hou, J. (2005). Caring Oriented Moral Education. Beijing: Renmin Education Press, pp 312.
- Hou, J. (2016). Protection of Cultural Rights of People with Disabilities in China: in the Perspective of Inclusive Education. Beijing: Beijing Normal University Press, pp 233.
- Noddings N. (2002). Starting at Home: Caring and Social Policy. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. Its Chinese version was translated by Jingjing Hou and published by Beijing Education Science Press in 2006.
- Noddings N. (2007). When School Reform Goes Wrong. New York, NY.: Teachers College Press. Its Chinese version was translated by Jingjing Hou and published by Beijing Education Science Press in 2013.
Honors and Awards
- Jiangsu Association for Social Sciences Excellent Research Award, 2014
- Jiangsu Social Sciences Research Award, 2012
- Jiangsu Association for Social Sciences Excellent Research Award, 2011
- Jiangsu Department of Education Award for Educational Research, 2011
- Award from Jiangsu Association of Parenting Research, 2010
- Award for Chinese Female Researchers’ Excellent Academic Works, 2009
- Jiangsu Department of Education Award for Educational Research, 2007