- To inspire the comprehensive, quantitative, and interdisciplinary study of environmental systems in the pursuit of geography, physics, chemistry, biology knowledge in a broader horizon of human activities, economic, legal, and social science.
- To develop and apply techniques in the prevention and control of environmental pollution and improvement of the environment quality in the pursuit of biology, ecology, environmental physics and chemistry approaches.
A Brief History
- 1987 Institute of Environmental Science was established, since which been working on Environmental Planning and Management, Environmental Assessment,
- 2001 Department of Environmental Science was established,
- 2002 Department of Environmental Engineering was established,
- 2006 possessed authorizations to grant Master Degree in Environmental Science,
- 2010 Department of Environmental Science and Engineering was established, possessed authorizations to grant Master Degree in Environmental Engineering,
- 2015 School of Environment was established, and possesses authorizations to grant scientific Ph.D. degree in Environmental Science and Engineering.
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science (M.S.)
- Environmental Engineering (M.S.)
- Environmental Science and Engineering (Ph.D.)
By the Numbers
- Faculty: 28
- Research and instructional staff: 7
- Administrative staff: 5
- Undergraduate students: 262
- Graduate students: 98
Date of update: Aug 1, 2016