PhD, Environmental Engineering, Southeast University (2005)
BA, Environmental Engineering, Southeast University (2000)
Microbial Fuel Cells
Non-point Source Pollution Control
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (41571476): Study on PPCPs removal from slightly contaminated water in constructed wetland enhanced by biological- electrochemical effects mediated by root exudates
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (51109038): Mechanisms and enhancement of rhizosphere degradation of steroid estrogens in constructed wetland
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (21277024): Effects and mechanisms of persistent organic matter removal in coupling constructed wetlands-microbial fuel cell with biofilm electrode reactor
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (51008064): The mechanisms of estrogen removal by growth-metabolism and co-metabolism in membrane bioreactor
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (20877018): Effects and mechanisms of pollutants removal by bio-synergism in combined ecological floating bed
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (50678035): Ecological technology of nitrogen and phosphorous removal from rural domestic wastewater
- Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu, China (BK20171351): Effects and mechanisms of heavy metals removal by soil-microbial fuel cells
- Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu, China (BK20141117): Enhanced antibiotics and drug resistance bacteria removal by biological-ecological-electrochemical technology
- Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu, China (BK20141330): Effects and mechanisms of persistent organic pesticides removal in soil-microbial fuel cells
- Provincial Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu, China (BK2008322): The performance and mechanisms of constructed wetland enhanced by bio-synergism
- Research Award by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (19・07118): Development of advanced treatment technology for the environmental pollution organic substances removal by using eco-technology
- Research Award by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology under the project of Global COE, Japan (27220001): Dynamics of Endocrine Disruptors in Constructed Reed Bed
- Hai L. Song, Xiao L. Yang, Ming Q. Xia, Ming Chen. Co-metabolic degradation of steroid estrogens by heterotrophic bacteria and nitrifying bacteria in MBRs. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 2017, 52(8), 778-784.
- Hai-Liang Song, Shuai Zhang, Xiao-Li Yang, Tong-Qing Chen, Yu-Yue Zhang. Coupled effects of electrical stimulation and antibiotics on microbial community in three-dimensional biofilm-electrode reactors. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 2017, 228(2): 83.
- Shuai Zhang, Xiao-Li Yang, Hua Li, Hai-Liang Song*, Ri-Cheng Wang, Zhe-Qin Dai, Degradation of sulfamethoxazole in bioelectrochemical system with power supplied by constructed wetland-coupled microbial fuel cells. Bioresource Technology, 2017, 244(1), 345-352.
- Shuai Zhang, Hai-Liang Song*, Xiao-Li Yang, Shan Huang, Zhe-Qin Dai, Hua Li, Yu-Yue Zhang. Dynamics of antibiotic resistance genes in microbial fuel cell-coupled constructed wetlands treating antibiotic-polluted water. Chemosphere, 2017, 178, 548-555.
- Shuai Zhang, Hai L. Song*, Xiao L. Yang, Xi Z. Long, Xi Liu, Tong Q. Chen. Behavior of tetracycline and sulfamethoxazole and their corresponding resistance genes in three-dimensional biofilm-electrode reactors with low current. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 2017, 52(4): 333-340.
- Hai-Liang Song, Shuai Zhang, Xi-Zi Long, Xiao-Li Yang, Hua Li, Wen-Li Xiang. Optimization of bioelectricity generation in constructed wetland coupled microbial fuel cell systems. Water, 2017, 9(3), 185.
- Shuai Zhang, Hai-Liang Song*, Xiao-Li Yang, Ke-Yun Yang, Xiao-Yang Wang. Effect of electrical stimulation on the fate of sulfamethoxazole and tetracycline with their corresponding resistance genes in three-dimensional biofilm-electrode reactors. Chemosphere, 2016, 164, 113-119.
- Shuai Zhang, Hai-Liang Song*, Xiao-Li Yang, Yu-Li Yang, Ke-Yun Yang, Xiao-Yang Wang. Fate of tetracycline and sulfamethoxazole and their corresponding resistance genes in microbial fuel cell coupled constructed wetlands. RSC Advances, 2016, 6(98), 95999-96005.
- Hai-Liang Song, Lu Liang, Ke-Yun Yang. Removal of several metal ions from aqueous solution using powdered stem of Arundo donax L. as a new biosorbent. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 2014, 92(10): 1915-1922.
- Hailiang Song, Xianning Li, Wei Li, Xiwu Lu. Role of biologic components in a novel floating-bed combining Ipomoea aquatic, Corbicula fluminea and biofilm carrier media. Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering, 2014, 8(2): 215 -225.
- Hai-Liang Song, Xiao-Li Yang, Kazunori Nakano, Munehiro Nomura, Osamu Nishimura, Xian-Ning Li. Elimination of estrogens and estrogenic activity from sewage treatment works effluents in subsurface and surface flow constructed wetlands. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 2011, 91(7-8): 600-614.
- Hai-Liang Song, Kazunori Nakano, Takashi Taniguchi, Munehiro Nomura, Osamu Nishimura. Estrogen removal from treated municipal effluent in small-scale constructed wetland with different depth. Bioresource Technology, 2009, 100(12): 2945-2951.
Introduction to Environment and Sustainable Development (3rd Edition), Science Press, 2013
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510559543.1):The technology for antibiotics removal from surface water by coupling root exudate with wetland (2017.09.29)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510359545.6): The structure and application for hybrid shallow unit for plants growth (2017.06.20)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510386523.9): The filter bed assembled by candles of multilayer growing space for limited root growth of plants (2017.03.15)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510381202.X): Ecological engineering method for efficient removal of lipophilic trace organic pollutants in slighted polluted water (2017.03.01)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510351628.0): Device for strengthening artificial wetland to remove drug residues and prevent drug-resistant bacteria from spreading (2017.01.11)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201410245648.5): A system for generating electricity from wetlands for sewage treatment and chemical disinfection for wetlands (2015.12.02)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201410226404.2): Microbial fuel cell coupling electrode biofilm system for nitrogen and phosphorus removal (2015.07.29)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201310191442.4):Multistage baffled aeration constructed wetland for sewage treatment system (2015.01.28)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201410001865.X): Stacking type wetland by thin plant packed bed and hydroponic plant bed for sewage treatment system (2015.01.07)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201310130051.1): A baffled wetland system with surface-perched water for synchronous enhanced removal of nitrogen and phosphorus and estrogens (2014.06.18)
- China Invention Patent (ZL 201110274372.X):Method of enhancing organic matter removal efficiency by constructed wetland coupled with microbial fuel cell system (2013.05.08)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201410437003.1): System for purification of pesticide refractory organic contaminated soil (2017.01.25)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201510192492.3): Device and method for biodegradation of dye wastewater enhanced by micro current (2017.01.18)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201310312316.X): Device of microbial fuel cell coupled with stereo combination ecological floating bed (2015.01.28)
- China Invention Patent (ZL201110195615.0): A structure for simultaneous sewage ecological treatment and electricity generation by microbial fuel cell (2012.09.19)
Honors and Awards
Science and Technology Progress Award of Jiangsu Province (2004)
Outstanding Teaching Award (2015)
Teaching Competition Award (2016)
Professor of Environmental Engineering
Consultant for Science and Technology Achievement Evaluation Department of Jiangsu Province