Associate Professor, School of Environment, Nanjing Normal University (2019.05-Present)
Associate Research Fellow, School of the Environment, Nanjing University (2014.10-2019.03)
PhD, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, China (2011.09-2014.06)
MA, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, China (2007.09-2010.06)
BA, College of Environment, Hohai University, China (2003.09-2007.06)
1. Pollution characteristics, spatial and temporal distribution, ecological and health risks of heavy metals in environmental media
2. Physicochemical characteristics, sources and pollution control of urban atmospheric particulates
3. Simulation and prediction of the temporal and spatial distribution of heavy metals
1. Magnetic diagnosis for multi-characteristics of urban airborne heavy metal pollution (In charge, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 41501549, 2016/01-2018/12)
2. Neuropsychological health effects caused by atmospheric particulate matter exposure from a typical city of Yangtze River Delta, China (In charge, supported by Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province, China, Grant No. BK20171339, 2017/01-2020/06)
3. Magnetic response of the actual exposure toxicity and rapid simulation of atmospheric particulate-bound heavy metals (Participated, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 41771533, 2018/01-2021/12)
4. Characteristics of heavy metals in urban airborne particulate matter and human health risk assessment (Participated, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 41271511, 2013/01-2016/12)
5. Ecological restoration for the main stream channel of west bank of Wangyu river network, and the improvement technology and demonstration of real-time diagnostic linkage capability (Participated, supported by the National Water Pollution Control and Management Technology Major Projects of China, Grant No. 2017ZX07204004, 2017/01 -2020/06)
6. Research on the system of dynamic source apportionment technology based on numerical simulation of source tracking (Participated, supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China, Grant No. 2016YFC0208504, 2016/07-2019/06)
 Liu XM, Wang JH, Fan YF, Xu Y, Xie MX, Yuan Y, Li HM*, Qian X*. 2019. Particulate Matter Exposure History Affects Antioxidant Defense Response of Mouse Lung to Haze Episodes. Environmental Science & Technology, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.9b01068.
 Leng XZ, Qian X, Yang M, Wang C, Li HM*, Wang JH. 2018. Leaf magnetic properties as a method for predicting heavy metal concentrations in PM2.5 using support vector machine: A case study in Nanjing, China. Environmental Pollution, 242, 922-930.
 Liu XM, Qian X, Xing J, Wang JH, Sun YX, Wang QG, Li HM*. 2018. Particulate Matter Triggers Depressive-Like Response Associated With Modulation of Inflammatory Cytokine Homeostasis and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Signaling Pathway in Mice. Toxicological Sciences, 164(1), 278–288.
 Li HM, Wang JH, Wang QG, Tian CH, Qian X*, Leng XZ. 2017. Magnetic properties as a proxy for predicting fine-particle-bound heavy metals in a support vector machine approach. Environmental Science & Technology, 51, 6927−6935.
 Wang JH, Li SW, Li HM*, Qian X*, Li XL, Liu XM, Lu H, Wang C, Sun YX. 2017. Trace metals and magnetic particles in PM2.5: Magnetic identification and its implications. Scientific Reports, 7(1), 9865.
 Leng XZ, Wang C, Li HM*, Qian X*, Wang JH, Sun YX. 2017. Response of magnetic properties to metal deposition on urban green in Nanjing, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24, 25315–25328.
 Leng XZ, Wang JH, Ji HB, Wang QG, Li HM*, Qian X*, Li FY, Yang M. 2017. Prediction of size-fractionated airborne particle-bound metals using MLR, BP-ANN and SVM analyses. Chemosphere, 180, 513–522.
 Li HM, Wu HF, Wang QG, Yang M, Li FY, Sun YX, Qian X*, Wang JH, Wang C. 2017. Chemical partitioning of fine particle-bound metals on haze–fog and non-haze–fog days in Nanjing, China and its contribution to human health risks. Atmospheric Research, 183, 142–150.  Li HM, Wang QG, Shao M, Wang JH, Wang C, Sun YX, Qian X*, Wu HF, Yang M, Li FY. 2016. Fractionation of airborne particulate-bound elements in haze-fog episode and associated health risks in a megacity of southeast China. Environmental Pollution, 208, 655–662.
 Li HM, Wang QG, Yang M, Li FY, Wang JH, Sun YX, Wang C, Wu HF, Qian X*. 2016. Chemical characterization and source apportionment of PM2.5 aerosols in a megacity of Southeast China. Atmospheric Research, 181, 288–299.
 Wang JH, Li SW, Cui XY, Li HM*, Qian X*, Wang C, Sun YX. 2016. Bioaccessibility, sources and health risk assessment of trace metals in urban park dust in Nanjing, Southeast China. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 128, 161–170.
 Li HM, Wang JH, Wang QG, Qian X*, Qian Y*, Yang M, Li FY, Lu H, Wang C. 2015. Chemical fractionation of arsenic and heavy metals in fine particle matter and its implications for risk assessment: a case study in Nanjing, China. Atmospheric Environment, 103, 339–346.
 Li HM, Qian X*, Wei HT, Zhang RB, Yang Y, Liu Z, Hu W, Gao HL, Wang YL. 2014. Magnetic properties as proxy for the evaluation of heavy metal contamination in urban street dusts of Nanjing, Southeast China. Geophysical Journal International, 199(3), 1354–1366.
 Li HM, Qian X*, Wang QG. 2013. Heavy Metals in Atmospheric Particulate Matter: A Comprehensive Understanding Is Needed for Monitoring and Risk Mitigation. Environmental Science & Technology, 47, 13210–13211.
 Li HM, Qian X*, Hu W, Wang YL, Gao HL. 2013. Chemical speciation and human health risk of trace metals in urban street dusts from a metropolitan city, Nanjing, SE China, Science of the Total Environment, 456–457, 212–221.