Ph. D., Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science, College of Science, George Mason University, USA (2017)
MS, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, China (2014)
BA, School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, China (2011)
School of Environment, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China (2020.5-Present)
Postdoc, Department of Atmospheric and Planetary Science, College of Science, Hampton University/NASA LaRC, USA (2018.4-2019.6)
Research Associate, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, China (2017.6-2018.4)
Atmospheric and Air Quality Modeling
- Yang, J. B., and Shao, M.* (2020). Impacts of Extreme air pollution meteorology on air quality in China. JGR (Under review).
- Shao, M., Bao, Y. S., Petropoulos, G. P., Zhang, H. F. (2020). A Two-Season Impact Study of Radiative Forced Tropospheric Response to Stratospheric Initial Conditions Inferred From Satellite Radiance Assimilation. Climate, 7(114), doi:10.3390/cli7090114
- Shao, M., Zhang, Y., and Xu, J. J. (2020). Impact of Vertical Resolution, Model Top and Data Assimilation on Weather Forecasting – A Case Study. Journal of Tropical Meteorology, 26, 71-81.
- Shao, M. *, and W. Smith. (2019). Impacts of assimilated Hyper-spectral retrievals on Hurricanes Florence/Michael Forecasts in a regional NWP model. JGR, 124(15). https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JD030360.
- Jianbo Yang, Min Shao*, Qingeng Wang, Xu Yang: A Case Study of the Effect of observation time in 3D-Var on near-Surface Wind Forecasts in a Limited region, SOLA, 2019,172-177,Vol.15,doi:10.2151/sola.2019-031
- Shao, M., J. J. Xu, Q. G. Wang, A. Powell and Y. N. Pan. (2017). Simulated diurnal cycles and seasonal variability of low-level jets in the boundary layer over complex terrain on the coast of Southeast China. Journal of Geophysical Research, 122(20), 10594-10611.
- Shao, M., J. J. Xu, A. Powell, F. Kogan, and W. Guo. (2015). Global Land Vegetation and Marine Fishery Responses to Atmospheric-Oceanic Decadal Variability. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 36(21), 5523-5536.
- Chang, S. J., M. Shao*, C. H. Shi, and H. Xu. (2017). Intercomparing the Response of Tropospheric and Stratospheric Temperature to Two Types of El Niño Onset. Advances in Meteorology, 1-8.
- Jing Li, and M. Shao*. (2019). Response of Asian Fishery to ENSO Related SST for the Period 1982-2016. Oceanography & Fisheries Open Access Journal, 9(3).
- Li, Huiming; Wang, Qin’geng; Shao, Min; Wang, Jinhua; Wang, Cheng; Sun, Yixuan; Qian, Xin; Yang, Meng; Li, Fengying, et al. (2015). Fractionation of airborne particulate-bound elements on haze–fog and normal days in Nanjing, China and its contribution to health risks. Environmental Pollution, 208, 655-662.
- Bao, Y. S., J. J. Xu, A. M. Powell, and M. Shao. (2015). Impacts of AMSU-A/MHS and IASI Data Assimilation on Temperature and Humidity Forecasts with GSI/WRF over the Western United States. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 8(6), 6439-6467.
- Tong, X., J. J. Xu, Z. Y. Guan, L. S. Chiu, H. C. Chen, M. Shao, 2017: An assessment of the impact of ATMS and CrIS Data Assimilation on precipitation prediction over the Tibetan Plateau. Atmos. Meas. Tech. Discuss., 10, 2517-2531.
- Zhao, L. L., J. J. Xu, A. Powell, D. Guo, S. C. Hua, M. Shao, and D. H. Wang. (2016). Investigation on the Tendencies of the Land-Ocean Warming Contrast in the Recent Decades. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 13(10), 1522-1526