2018.11- Present, Professor, School of Environment, Nanjing Normal University, China
2017.11-2018.11, Senior Engineer, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2012.12-2017.11, Engineer, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2010.07-2012.12, Assistant Engineer, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2016.01-2016.06, Visiting Scholar, Plant Ecology, University of Western Australia, Australia
2012.09-2015.06, PhD, Environmental Science, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2007.09-2010.06, MS, Ecology, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
2003.09-2007.06, BA, Biotechnology, Shandong Normal University, China
- Carbon cycle and nutrient turnover in freshwater wetlands
- Lacustrine ecological restoration technology
- Relationships between plant species
- Ecological stoichiometry
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (41671091): Effects and mechanisms of shrub expansion on plant litter decomposition in freshwater marshes in the Sanjiang Plain (Leader)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (31100357): Decomposition of standing litters of freshwater macrophytes in the Sanjiang Plain, Northeast China (Leader)
- Mao R, Zhang XH*, Song CC, Wang XW, Finnegan P. Plant functional group controls litter decomposition rate and its temperature sensitivity: An incubation experiment on litters from a boreal peatland in northeast China. Science of The Total Environment, 2018, 626: 678 ~ 683.
- Zhang XH, Mao R, Song CC, Liu Y, Ren ZJ, 2018. Is Moss Stoichiometry Influenced by Microtopography in a Boreal Peatland of Northeast China? Chinese Geographical Science, 28(6): 1038–1047.
- Zhang XH, Sun XX, Mao R. Effects of litter evenness, nitrogen enrichment and temperature on short-term litter decomposition in freshwater marshes of Northeast China. Wetlands, 2017, 37: 145 ~ 152.
- Zhang XH, Mao R, Song C, Song Y, Finnegan P. Nitrogen addition in a freshwater marsh alters the quality of senesced leaves, promoting decay rates and changing nutrient dynamics during the standing-dead phase. Plant and Soil, 2017, 417: 511 ~ 521.
- Zhang XH, Song CC, Mao R, Song, YY, Meng HN. Comparing differences in early-stage decay of macrophyte shoots between in the air and on the sediment surface in a temperate freshwater marsh. Ecological Engineering, 2015, 81: 14 ~ 18.
- Zhang XH, Song CC, Mao R, Yang GS, Tao BX, Shi FX, Zhu XY, Hou AX. Litter mass loss and nutrient dynamics of four emergent macrophytes during aerial decomposition in freshwater marshes of the Sanjiang Plain, Northeast China. Plant and Soil, 2014, 385: 139 ~ 147.
- Zhang XH, Mao R, Gong C, Qiao TH, Song CC. CO2 evolution from standing litter of the emergent macrophyte Deyeuxia angustifolia in the Sanjiang Plain, Northeast China. Ecological Engineering, 2014, 64: 55 ~ 59.
- Zhang XH, Mao R, Gong C, Yang GS, Lu YZ. Effects of hydrology and competition on plant growth in a freshwater marsh of northeast China. Journal of Freshwater Ecology, 2014, 29(1): 117 ~ 127.