- Biological treatment of wastewater
- Aeration technology
- advanced oxidation Process
Ph. D. in Environmental Engineering, Southeast University (2006)
M. S. in Environmental Engineering, Nanjing University of Science & Technology (2002)
B. S. in Environmental Engineering, Nanjing University of Science & Technology (1998)
- Biological treatment of wastewater: industrial wastewater treatment by biological technology, high concentration organic wastewater treatment by physicochemical-biochemical combination process;
- Aeration technology: highly-concentrated and recalcitrant organic wastewater treatment by activated sludge or biological membrane method with effective aeration technology, e. g. pulse aeration, pressurized aeration and pure oxygen aeration;
- advanced oxidation Process: the effect and feasibility of improving the biodegradability of refractory wastewater by advanced oxidation process, e. g. TiO2 photocatalysis technology.
1. Principal Investigator, Environmental Science Research Institute of Jiangsu province: Characteristics of organic matter degradation and nitrogen removal performance of activated sludge with pulse aeration technology (1/2014-present)
2. Principle Investigator, National Nature Science Foundation: Study on the effect on salt tolerance ability of the activated sludge by the transformation of intracellular carbon dioxide (1/2013-12/2015)
3. Principle Investigator, Natural Science Found of Jiangsu province: Study of carbonic anhydrase activity of pressurized activated sludge and its influence on osmotic adjustment (7/2012-6/2015)
4. Principle Investigator, Project of environmental protection department of Jiangsu Province: High salinity organic wastewater treatment by pressurized biological contact oxidation (PBCO) - Ultrafiltration - Nanofiltration technology (7/2013-10/2014)
5. Principle Investigator, Natural Science Fund Project of Colleges in JiangsuProvince: Study on the toxicity and the control technology of intermediates of cypermethrin pesticide wastewater treating process by photocatalysis (1/2011-12/2013)
6. Principle Investigator, Environmental Science Research Institute of Jiangsu province: Study on the biodegradability of effluent of pesticide wastewater pretreated by TiO2 photocatalysis (7/2008-6/2009)
7. Research Assistant, Southeast University: Organic matters removal by traditional and advanced water treatment processes (3/2003-6/2006)
8. Research Assistant, Nanjing University of Science & Technology: Treating dyeing wastewater by blending coagulation (9/1999-11/2002)
2. Zongrui Li，Yong Zhang*，Keke Xu. Ｒeview on technologies of high salinity organic wastewater treatment. environmental technology, 2014, 20(1): 17-21.
3. Yong Zhang*, Ruixiao Xu, Shuhua Zhao, et al. Research progress of the metabolic control of CO2 and its effect on salt tolerance ability of the microorganism. Environmental Engineering, 2014, 32(12): 167-171.
4. Yong Zhang*, Xianqiu Zhang, Zhiliang Wang, et al. Studies on effect and corresponding technical characteristics of excess sludge reduction in pressurized biological contact oxidation process[C]. The 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering(iCBBE 2010).
5. Yong Zhang*, Yujing An, Zhiliang Wang, et al. Study on cypermethrin pesticides wastewater degradation by coagulation pretreatment-photocatalysis process. Industrial Water Treatment, 2010, 30(9): 60-62.
6. Yong Zhang*, Linsheng Zhang, Zhiliang Wang, et al. Study on the activity and salt resistance of microorganism of pressurized biological contact oxidation process. Industrial Water Treatment, 2010, 30(4): 36-38. (in Chinese)
7. Yong Zhang*, Zhiliang Wang, Linsheng Zhang, et al. Study on imidacloprid wastewater treatment by anaerobic hydrolysis-pressurized biological oxidation process. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2009, 9(4): 49-52.
9. Qian Sheng, Yonghua Zhu, Yong Zhang*, et al. Solving the cost function of water pollution control system programming with LINGO. Water Resources Protection, 2009, 25(6): 58-60.
10. Peng Dai, Yong Zhang, Bin Li, et al. Contrast between Characteristics and Technical Economy of Filling Material in Pretreatment of Nitrobenzene Wastewater by Iron and Carbon Revivification. Pollution Control Technology, 2009, 22(3): 35-37.
11. Guozheng Jia, Yong Zhang, Xianqiu Zhang, et al. Dynamic experimental research on photocatalytic degradation of phenol in wasteWater using TiO2/ACF. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2009, 9(2): 52-55.
12. Fenghe Wang, Wei Jiang, Yong Zhang, et al. Study on the removal of fluorine by using READ-F resin. Industrial Water Treatment, 2009, 29(6): 35-37.
13. Peng Dai, Yong Zhang. Study on simultaneous nitrification and denitrification and nitrogen removal of pressurized biological contact oxidation process. Chinese Journal of Environmental Engineering. 2008, 2(4): 507-510.
14. Yong Zhang*, Linsheng Zhang, Mingfang Xia, et al. Performance comparison between pressurized and normal biological contact oxidation processes. Environmental Engineering, 2008, 26(1): 35-37.
15. Yong Zhang*, Hong Xia, Linsheng Zhang, et al. Effect of volume load on dairy wastewater treatment by anaerobic attached microbial film expanded bed. Technology of Water Treatment, 2006, 32(4): 71-73.
16. Yong Zhang*, Linsheng Zhang, Mingfang Xia. Development of biological treatment technology of wastewater by pressurized oxygen dissolution. Industrial Water Treatment, 2005, 25(11): 9-11.
17. Yong Zhang*, Linsheng Zhang, Haisuo Wu, et al. Characteristics of oxygen consumption and supply by jet aeration-pressurized biological contact oxidation process. Technology of Water Treatment, 2005, 31(8): 4-6.
18. Qihuan He, Hua Fang, Yong Zhang. Study on treating dyeing wastewater by blending coagulation. Techniques and Equipment for Environmental Pollution Control, 2003, 4(10): 48-51.
19. Qihuan He, Yong Zhang, Hua Fang. Study progress in complex coagulant of printing and dyeing wastewater. Industrial Water Treatment, 2002, 22(4): 1-4. (in Chinese)
20. Qihuan He, Hua Fang, Yong Zhang. Progress in treatment of refractory wastewater by chlorine dioxide catalytic oxidation. Techniques and Equipment for Environmental Pollution Control, 2002, 3(9): 63-65.
2. Xian-Qiu Zhang, Yong Zhang, Chong-Zheng Xu, et al. An advanced treating and progressively reusing method of effluent of biological treating process of wastewater from industrial park. ZL201310582292X
3. Yong Zhang, Xian-Qiu Zhang, Guo-Zheng Jia, et al. A biochemical sewage treatment device and method achieving sludge reduction by pressurized aeration. LZ201210577744.0