- Sustainable Wastewater Treatment,
- Resource Recovery,
- Desalination and Membrane Technologies
- Bioelectrochemical technologies
- Bioenergy production
- Nutrient recovery
- Wastewater reuse
- Forward osmosis
- Membrane bioreactors
Visiting scholar, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA (2015.9-2018.9)
PhD, School of Civil Engineering, Southeast University, China (2014.9-2018.3)
MS, School of Civil Engineering, Southeast University, China (2012.9-2014.6)
BA, School of Municipal and Environmental Engineering, Shandong Jianzhu University, China (2008.9-20012.6)
Bioelectrochemical technologies, Anammox, Bioenergy production, Nutrient recovery, Wastewater reuse, Forward osmosis, Osmotic Membrane bioreactors, Membrane bioreactors, Membrane aerated bioreactors
The mechanism of nitrogen removal by anaerobic ammonia oxidation in microbial fuel cells with membrane aeration (In charge, supported by Innovation Program for Academic Degree of Graduate Student of Jiangsu Province, Grant No. KYLX16 0249, 2016-2017)
Journal Articles (selected)
1. Yang, Y., Li, X., Yang, X., & He, Z. (2017). Enhanced nitrogen removal by membrane-aerated nitritation-anammox in a bioelectrochemical system. Bioresource Technology, 238, 22-29.
2. Yang, Y., Qin, M., Yang, X., & He, Z. (2017). Enhancing hydrogen production in microbial electrolysis cells by in situ hydrogen oxidation for self-buffering pH through periodic polarity reversal. Journal of Power Sources, 347, 21-28.
3. Yang, Y., Chen, M., Zou, S., Yang, X.* and He, Z.* (2017) Efficient Recovery of Polyelectrolyte Draw Solutes in Forward Osmosis towards Sustainable Water Treatment. Desalination. 422, 134-141.
4. Yang, Y., Qin, M., Yang, X., & He, Z.* (2017). Sustainable operation of osmotic microbial fuel cells through effective reproduction of polyelectrolyte draw solutes facilitated by cathodic pH increase. Journal of Cleaner Production. 168, 1143-1149.
5. Yang, Y., Lu, J., Yu, H., & Yang, X. (2016). Characteristics of disinfection by-products precursors removal from micro-polluted water by constructed wetlands. Ecological Engineering, 93, 262-268.
6. Yang, Y., Li, X., Yang, X., & He, Z. (2016). Membrane aeration as an energy-efficient method for supplying oxygen to microbial fuel cells. RSC Advances, 6(55), 49787-49791.
7. Yang, Y., Ren, H., Ben-Tzvi, P., Yang, X.* and He, Z.* (2017) Optimal interval of periodic polarity reversal under automated control for maximizing hydrogen production in microbial electrolysis cells. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42(31), 20260-20268.
8. Yang, Y., & Yang, X.(2017). Nitrogen removal and microbial community structure in membrane bioreactors with addition of alkali-rice straw. Desalination and Water Treatment, 70, 275-283.