PhD, Department of chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (2011.09-2017.06)
Visiting PhD, Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre, Nanyang Technological University (2015.08-2016.12)
BA, School of Energy and Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing Normal University (2007.09-2011.07)
1. Online monitoring and control for Pilot-Scale anaerobic reactors;
2. Regulation of metabolites in mixed culture fermentation;
3. Resource recovery from wasted activated sludge via anaerobic digestion.
- Y. Chen, K. Xiao, N. Shen, R.J. Zeng, Y. Zhou, Hydrogen production from a thermophilic alkaline waste activated sludge fermenter: Effects of solid retention time (SRT), Chemosphere. 2018; 206: 101-106.
- Y. Chen, K. Xiao, X. Jiang, N. Shen, R.J. Zeng, and Y. Zhou, Long solid retention time (SRT) has minor role in promoting methane production in a 65°C single-stage anaerobic sludge digester, Bioresource Technology. 2018; 247: 724-729.
- Y. Chen, X. Jiang, K. Xiao, N. Shen, R. J. Zeng, Y. Zhou, Enhanced volatile fatty acids (VFAs) production in a thermophilic fermenter with stepwise pH increase -Investigation on dissolved organic matter transformation and microbial community shift, Water Research. 2017; 112:261-8.
- Y. Chen, K. Xiao, X. Jiang, N. Shen, R. J. Zeng, Y. Zhou, In-situ sludge pretreatment in a single-stage anaerobic digester, Bioresource Technology. 2017; 238:102-108.
- Y. Chen, N. Shen, T. Wang, F. Zhang, R. J. Zeng, Ammonium level induces high purity propionate production in mixed culture glucose fermentation, RSC Advances. 2017; 7:518-25.
- Y. Chen, F. Zhang, T. Wang, N. Shen, Z.-W. Yu, R.J. Zeng, Hydraulic retention time affects stable acetate production from tofu processing wastewater in extreme-thermophilic (70oC) mixed culture fermentation, Bioresource Technology. 2016; 216:722-728.
- Y. Chen, T. Wang, N. Shen, F. Zhang, R.J. Zeng, High-purity propionate production from glycerol in mixed culture fermentation, Bioresource Technology. 2016; 219:659-667.
- Y. Chen, Man. Chen, N. Shen, R.J. Zeng, H2 production by the thermoelectric microconverter coupled with microbial electrolysis cell, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2016; 41:22760-22768.
- Y. Chen, J. He, Y.-Q. Wang, T.A. Kotsopoulos, P. Kaparaju, R.J. Zeng, Development of an anaerobic co-metabolic model for degradation of phenol, m-cresol and easily degradable substrate, Biochemical Engineering Journal. 2016; 106:19-25.
- Y. Chen, J. He, Y. Mu, Y.C. Huo, Z. Zhang, T.A. Kotsopoulos, R.J. Zeng, Mathematical modeling of upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactors: Simultaneous accounting for hydrodynamics and bio-dynamics, Chemical Engineering Science. 2015; 137:677-684.
- N. Shen, Y. Chen, Y. Zhou, Multi-cycle operation of enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) with different carbon sources under high temperature, Water Research. 2017; 114:308-315.
- K. Xiao, Y. Chen, X. Jiang, Y. Zhou, Evaluating filterability of different types of sludge by statistical analysis: The role of key organic compounds in extracellular polymeric substances, Chemosphere. 2017; 170:233-41.
- K. Xiao, Y. Chen, X. Jiang, Q. Yang, W.Y. Seow, W. Zhu, and Y. Zhou, Variations in physical, chemical and biological properties in relation to sludge dewaterability under Fe (II) – Oxone conditioning, Water Research. 2017; 109:13-23.
- K. Xiao, Y. Chen, X. Jiang, V.K. Tyagi, Y. Zhou, Characterization of key organic compounds affecting sludge dewaterability during ultrasonication and acidification treatments, Water Research. 2016; 105:470-478.
- F. Zhang, Y. Chen, K. Dai, R.J. Zeng, The chemostat study of metabolic distribution in extreme-thermophilic (70oC) mixed culture fermentation, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2014; 98:10267-10273.
- F. Zhang, Y. Chen, K. Dai, N. Shen, R.J. Zeng, The glucose metabolic distribution in thermophilic (55oC) mixed culture fermentation: A chemostat study, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2014; 40:919-926.
- X.-R. Pan, Y.-K. Wang, W.-W. Li, Y.-S. Wang, X. Wang, Y. Chen, Y.-K. Geng, C.-X. Li, H.-q. Yu, P.K. Lam, (2017) Selective co-production of acetate and methane from wastewater during mesophilic anaerobic fermentation under acidic pH conditions. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology.
- K. Xiao, W.Y. Seow, Y. Chen, D. Lu, X. Jiang, Y. Zhou, (2017) Effects of thermal-Fe (II) activated oxone treatment on sludge dewaterability. Chemical Engineering Journal.
- W. Yan, N. Shen, Y. Xiao, Y. Chen, F. Sun, V.K. Tyagi, Y. Zhou, (2017) The role of conductive materials in the start-up period of thermophilic anaerobic system. Bioresource Technology.
- F. Zhang, J.H. Yang, K. Dai, Y. Chen, Q.R. Li, F.M. Gao, R.J. Zeng, Characterization of microbial compositions in a thermophilic chemostat of mixed culture fermentation, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2016; 100:1511-1521.
- F. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y. Chen, K. Dai, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht, R.J. Zeng, Simultaneous production of acetate and methane from glycerol by selective enrichment of hydrogenotrophic methanogens in extreme-thermophilic (70oC) mixed culture fermentation, Applied Energy. 2015; 148:326-333.
- N. Shen, X.Y. Xia, Y. Chen, H. Zheng, Y.C. Zhong, R.J. Zeng, Palladium nanoparticles produced and dispersed by Caldicellulosiruptor saccharolyticus enhance the degradation of contaminants in water, RSC Advances. 2015; 5:15559-15565.
Honors and Awards
The second prize of the 11th ORGANO (Water and Environment) Scholarship.
Email address: email@example.com