(1) Work Experiences
Since 2004.08, Prof & Doctoral Supervisor, School of Geography Science, Nanjing Normal University;
2002.07-2004.08, Researcher, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2000.04-2002.07, Associate Researcher, Changchun Institute of Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
1994.06-1999.03, Assistant Researcher, Changchun Institute of Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
1990.06-1994.06, Research Apprentice, Changchun Institute of Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
(2) Education Experiences
2001.08-2004.06, PhD of Environmental Science, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
1987.09-1990.06, MSc of Cartography and Remote Sensing, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS;
1983.09-1987.06, BSc of Cartography, Wuhan School of Geodesy and Geomatics.
Mainly work at the research on Landscape Ecology and Wetland Landscape Ecology, especially the deep research on Urban Landscape Ecology, Urban Wetland Landscape Ecology, Urban Wetland Park, Coastal Wetland Landscape Ecology, and Wetland Waterfowl Habitat.
1. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China. Spatio-Temporal Evolution of Red-Crowned Crane Wintering Habitat Quality and the Response Mechanism of Humans Activities and Invasion of Spartina Alterniflora (31570459), 2015, 1-2019, 12. Host.
2. Key Natural Science Projects in Colleges and Universities of Jiangsu Province, Landscape Simulation of the Quality of Red-Crowned Crane Wintering Habitats in Yancheng under Different Humans Activities (15KJA170002), 2015,7-2018,12. Host
3. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China. Dynamic Simulation of Coastal Wetland Landscape Evolutions based on Ecological Process: A Case Study of Coastal Wetland in Yancheng, Jiangsu (41071119), 2011-2013, Host
4. Key Natural Science Projects in Colleges and Universities of Jiangsu Province, Yancheng Coastal Wetland Landscape Evolution Simulation Models under Influences of Nature and Human (10KJA170029), 2011-2014, Host
5. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China. Research on the Health of Urban Wetland Park Landscape based on Key Landscape Process: A Case Study of Xixi Wetland Park;
6. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China. The Influence of Wetland Landscape Changing Processes in Sub-Sanjiang Plain in 50 Years on Typical Waterfowl Habitats Factors, 2005, 1-2007, Host
7. UNDP-GEFproject:"WETLAND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABLE USE IN CHINA(CPR/98/G32)Sub-Contract 1 Demonstrating biodiversity friendly land use planning through preparation of biodiversity overlays"，2001-2003, general technical leader.
8. “908” Special Project of State Oceanic Administration of PRC. Protection and Land use Potencies Evaluation of Jiangsu Coastal Wetland, 2006-2009, general technical leader.
9. Supported by Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China. Protection and Land Use Optimization of Jiangsu Coastal Wetland based on Geography-Ecology Process, 2008-2010.
10. Knowledge Innovation Project of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Changing Processes, Driving Factors and Cumulative Effects of Wetland Landscape Structure Changing in Last 50 Years in Sanjiang Plain, 2001-2004, Host.
1. Cong Wang, Hong-Yu Liu*, Ying Zhang, and Yu-feng Li. Classification of land-cover types in muddy tidal flat wetlands using remote sensing data. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing,2013(7):0734571-11.
2. Zhang Xiaohong, Liu Hongyu*, Baker Chris. Restoration approaches used for degraded peatlands in Ruoergai (Zoige), Tibetan Plateau, China, for sustainable land management. Ecological Engineering, 2012,38(1):86-92.
3. Yufeng Li, Hongyu Liu*. Trophic states of creeks and their relationship to changes in water level in Xixi National Wetland Park, China. Environ Monit Assess. 2012,184(4):2433-2441.
4. Hongyu Liu*, Shikui Zhang, Zhaofu Li, Xianguo Lu and Qing Yang. Impacts on Wetlands of Large-scale Land-use Changes by Agricultural Development: The Small Sanjiang Plain, China. Ambio ,2004,33 (6):306-310.
5. Liu Hongyu*,Lu Xianguo.2000.Study on the Sustainable Development of Wetland Resources in the Wusuri/Wusuli River Basin. Chinese Geographical Science. 2000,10(3):270-276.
6. Liu Hongyu*, Lu Xianguo, Liu Zhen Qian.2000.Study on Landscape Planning and Ecology Construction of Wetland Comprehensive Protected Area System in the Sanjiang Plain. Journal of Environmental Sciences.2000,12(3):361-367.
7. Hongyu Liu, Zaofu Li, Yufeng Li, Zhenshan Lin, Evaluation of sustainable capacity of national wetland park ecological analysis based on constraint and support function [J]. Resources Science, 2015, 37(4): 805-814.
8. Yufeng Li, Hongyu Liu, Chunxiao Cai, Yuling Li, Yiming Sun, The disturbance effect of the surroundings on the water environmental health of urban wetland park: A case study on Xixi Wetland Park, China [J]. Geographical Research, 2015, 34(5): 851-860
9. Cai C X, Liu H Y, Yu-Feng L I, et al. Research on the Influence of Urban Land Use Structure and Pattern on Nitrogen,Phosphorus of Wetland Water Environment in Xianlin New Town of Nanjing[J]. Environmental Science, 2014, 35(8):2920-2927.
10. Zhang H B, Liu H Y, Hou M H, et al. Building Model Based on Processes and Simulating Landscape Change in the Coastal Wetlands—A Case Study of the Core Area in Yancheng Natural Reserve[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 2014, 29(7):1105-1115.
11. Hou M, Liu H, Zhang H, et al. Effection of tidal creek system on the expansion of the invasive Spartina in the coastal wetland of Yancheng [J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2014, 34(2):400-409.
12. HOU Minghang, LIU Hongyu, ZHANG Huabing, et al. Influences of topographic features on the distribution and evolution of landscape in the coastal wetland of Yancheng[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2013, 33(12):3765-3773.
13. Hou M H, Liu H Y, Zhang H B, et al. DEM Construction and Its Accuracy Assessment for the Silty Coastal Wetland in Yancheng[J]. Advances in Marine Science, 2013, 31(2):196-204.
14. Zhang H B, Liu H Y, Yu-Feng L I, et al. Spatial Variation of Soil Moisture/Salinity and the Relationship with Vegetation Under Natural Conditions in Yancheng Coastal Wetland[J]. Environmental Science, 2013, 34(2):540-6.
15. Zhang H B, Liu H Y, Yu-Feng L I, et al. The Coupling Relationship between Soil Eco-Processes and Landscape Evolution under the Natural Conditions in Yancheng Coastal Wetland[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 2013, 28(1):63-72.
16. Zhang H, Liu H, Hou M, et al. Spatiotemporal characteristics of Spartina alterniflora marsh change in the coastal wetlands of Yancheng caused by natural processes and human activities[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2013, 33(15):4767-4775.
17. Tan Q, Liu H, Zhang H, et al. An Estimation of Aboveground Vegetation Biomass in Coastal Wetland of Yancheng Natural Reserve[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 2013, 28(12):2044-2055.
18. Tan Q, Liu H, Zhang H, et al. Classification of Vegetation Coverage of Wetland Landscape based on Remote Sensing in the Coastal Area of Jiangsu Province[J]. Remote Sensing Technology & Application, 2013, 28(5):934-940.
19. Wang C, Liu H, Hou M, et al. Classification Method of Muddy Tidal Flat Wetlands Based on Remote Sensing[J]. Geo-information Science, 2013, 15(4):590-596.
20. Liu H, Lin Z, Cai C. A Review of Wetland Resources in China to Commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the China Society of Natural Resources[J]. Resources Science, 2013, 35(9):1765-1771.
21. Hongyu Liu, Zhaofu Liu, Basic theory and technical framework of coastal wetland landscape process model [J]. Chinese Journal of Ecology, 2013, 32(10): 2815-2822.
22. Hebing H U, Liu H, Hao J. Spatio-temporal variation in the value of ecosystem services and its response to land use intensity in an urbanized watershed[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2013, 33(8):2565-2576.
23. Hu HeBing, Liu HongYu, Hao JingFeng, et. al. Influence of spatial difference on water quality in Jiuxiang River watershed, Nanjing [J]. Environmental Sciences, 2012, 33(3):794-801.
24. Hao J F, Liu H Y, He-Bing H U, et al. Responses of Wetland Water Quality to Influence the Strengthness of Urbanization in Nanjing, China[J]. Environmental Science, 2012, 33(7):2259-64.
25. Hebing H U, Liu H, Hao J, et al. Spatial Heterogeneity of Land Use Degree in Jiuxiang River Watershed,Nanjing City,China[J]. Journal of Geo-Information Science, 2012, 14(5):627-634.
26. Jing An, Hongyu Liu, Jingfeng Hao et. al. Impact of rapid urbanization on landscape structure and pattern in Nanjing east suburb [J], Chinese Journal of Ecology, 2012, 31(2): 421-425.
27. Yu-Feng L I, Liu H Y, Hao J F, et al. A Quantitative Method and Case Analysis for Assessing Water Health[J]. Environmental Science, 2012, 33(33):346-51.
28. Zhang H, Liu H, Hao J, et al. Spatiotemporal characteristics of landscape change in the coastal wetlands of Yancheng caused by natural processes and human activities[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2012, 32(1):101-110.
29. Xue X, Liu H. Study on the Classification Approaches of Yancheng Coastal Wetlands based on ALOS Image[J]. Remote Sensing Technology & Application, 2012, 27(2):248-255.
30. Hebing H U, Liu H, Hao J. The urbanization effects on watershed landscape structure and their ecological risk assessment[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2011, 31(12):3432-3440.
31. He-Bing H U, Liu H Y, Hao J F, et al. Effects of Urbanization on the Spatial Heterogeneity of Watershed Ecosystem Services Value:A Case Study of Jiuxiang River Watershed in Nanjing City[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 2011, 26(10):1715-1725.
32. Cao X, Liu H Y, Yu-Feng L I, et al. Relationship Between Wetland Plant Communities and Water Environment Quality in Xixi Wetland Park[J]. Journal of Ecology & Rural Environment, 2011, 27(3):69-75.
33. Zheng N, Liu H Y, Yu-Feng L I, et al. Impacts of Human Disturbances on Water Quality of Urban Wetland Park——A Case Study in Xixi National Wetland Park in Hangzhou City[J]. Bulletin of Soil & Water Conservation, 2011.
34. Hao J, Liu H, Junna H U, et al. Impacts of landscape heterogeneity on water quality of urban wetlands at sub-watershed scale:a case study on the eastern suburb of Nanjing[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2010, 30(15):4154-4161.
35. Sun X B, Liu H Y. Effects of Land Use Change on Wetland Landscape Connectivity and Optimization Assessment of Connectivity——A Case Study of Wetlands in the Coastal Zone of Yancheng,Jiangsu[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 2010, 25(6):892-903.
36. Li Yufeng, Liu Hongyu. Assessment of ecological functions for coastal wetlands based on hydrogeomorphic units: a case study on coastal wetland of Yancheng, Jiangsu Province, China [J], Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2010, 30(7):1718-1724.
37. Yu-Feng L I, Liu H Y, Cao X, et al. Characteristics of Temporal and Spatial Distribution of Water Quality in Urban Wetland of the Xixi National Wetland Park,China[J]. Environmental Science, 2010, 31(9):2036-41.
38. Yufeng L I, Liu H, Xiao C, et al. Spatial Differences of Landscape Health in Urban Wetland Parks:A Case Study of Xixi Wetland Park in Hangzhou[J]. Acta Geographica Sinica, 2010, 65(11):1429-1437.
1. Hongyu Liu. Wetland Landscape Changing and Environmental Effects. Beijing: 2005, Science Press;
2. Xianguo Lyu, Hongyu Liu. Protection and Management of Wetland Ecosystem. Beijing: 2004, Chemical Industry Press.
1. Council member of China Society of Natural Resources;
2. Chairman of Wetland Protection Professional Committee of China Society of Natural Resources;
3. Member of International Association for Landscape Ecology;
4. Council member of China Association for Landscape Ecology
Tel: +86- 13813826845