Dr. rer. nat., Economic Geography, Leibniz University of Hannover (2006)
MSc, Regional Geography, Nanjing Normal University (1997)
Technology diffusion of high-tech industries, regional high-tech cluster, and regional development
(1) Complexity of structural evolution of urban knowledge flow, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 41471103), 2015-2018.
(2) Evolution of the sector innovation system of biotechnology industry in Jiangsu——from the perspective of value Constellation, supported by the National Soft Science Research Program (Grant No. 2013GXS4D116), 2013.
(3) Industrial agglomeration in High-tech parks--take knowledge network as research perspective, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 40971069), 2010-2012.
(1) Stefan Hennemann, Tao Wang, Ingo Liefner：Measuring regional science networks in China: a comparison of international and domestic bibliographic data sources. Scientometrics, 2011, 88(2):535–554.
(2) Tao Wang, Stefan Hennemann, Ingo Liefner, Dan-Dan Li: Spatial polarization and diffusion of knowledge network- A case study of biotechnology in China. Resources and Environment in the Yangtze Basin. 2011, 20(7): 796-801.
(3) Stefan Hennemann, Tao Wang：Mechanism of integration of Chinese academic knowledge network into global research system during the transition period. Scientia Geographica Sinica, 2011,31(9)：1043-1049.
(4) Tao Wang, Stefan Hennemann, Ingo Liefner, Dan-Dan Li: Spatial structure evolution of knowledge network and its impact on the NIS: Case study of biotechnology in China. Geographical Research, 2011, 30 (10): 1861-1872.
(5) Dandan Li, Tao Wang, Yanzheng Yang: Difference in spatial distribution of knowledge flow – an case of aerospace science and technology. Forum on science and technology in China. 2011(11):83-90.
(6) Ping Gu, Tao Wang: A study on structure evolution and the influence factor of the outward foreign direct investment in Jiangsu Province. World Regional Studies, 2012,21(4):115-123.
(7) Si,Y.F.; Liefner, I.; Wang, T*. Foreign direct investment with Chinese characteristics: A middle path between Ownership-Location-Internalization model and Linkage-Leverage-Learning model. Chinese Geographical Science. 2013,23(5):594-606.
(8) Li, D.D., Wei, Y.D. *, Wang, T. Spatial and temporal evolution of urban innovation network in China. Habitat International, 2015,49: 484-496.
(9) Li, D.D., Wei, Y.D., Wang, T. *, Yuan, F. Spatial and temporal complexity of scientific knowledge network and technological knowledge network on China’s urban scale. Geographical Research, 2015,34(3):525-540.
(1) Wang, T., 2006：Comparison of the Promotion of High Technology Enterprises and High Technology Development in China and Germany – Case Investigation of Shanghai and Lower Saxony. LIT Publisher, Germany.
(2) Hennemann, S.; Wang, T. (2014): Firm activity and regional brokers in science-driven knowledge networks in China’s biotechnology system. In: Liefner, I., Wei, Y. D. (eds.): Innovation and Regional Development in China. Oxford: Routledge. 145-164.