- Video GIS
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Digital Terrain Analysis (DTA)
- GIS Spatial Analysis
- Transportation GIS
- Engineering Survey
1987, BEng of Engineering Survey, East China University of Technology;
1989, MEng of Engineering Survey, Department of Civil Engineering of Tsinghua University;
2002, Doctor of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering in Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing, Wuhan University;
1998.08-1999.01 & 1999.08-2000.01, Visiting Scholar, Hong Kong Baptist University;
1989.12-2004, Lecturer then Associate Prof and then Prof, Changsha University of Science & Technology;
Since 2004, Prof & Doctoral Supervisor, School of Geography Science, Nanjing Normal University
Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Digital Terrain Analysis (DTA);
GIS Spatial Analysis;
1. Supported by National Natural Foundation of China, 41371421, Enhancement Methods of Multi-Source and Multi-Scale DEM, 2014.01-2017.12;
2. Project of National Science and Technology Support Plan, 2012BAH35B02, Perceptual Control System of Video GIS and Sudden Social Events;
3. Supported by National Natural Foundation of China, 40971230, Quality Analysis of DEM Fused With Terrain Structure, 2010.01-2012.12;
4. Subject Project of “863” Program, 2011AA120303, Parallel Computing and Middleware of Digital Terrain Analysis, 2011-2013
5. Key Project of “863” Program, 2008AA121602, Software and Its Application for Geographic Space 3D Modelling and Analysis, 2009.07-2010.12
6. Key Project of National Natural Foundation of China, 40930531, Spatial Pattern Differentiation of Geomorphology in China Loess Plateau, 2009-2012;
7. Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China, 20093207110009, Error Field and Spatial Structure of Digital Elevation Model, 2009-2012
8. Key Project of Natural Science Research in High Educations of Jiangsu, 10KJA420025, Study on Key Techniques of Construction of Measurable 3D Videos based on Plane Video, 2010.01-2013.12;
9. “863” Program, 2007AA12Z238, Study on Key Techniques of Video GI, 2007.08-2010.08;
10. Project of National Natural Foundation of China, 40971230, Study on Slope Spectrum in Loess Plateau based on DEM, 2007.01-2009.12;
11. Project of National Natural Foundation of China, 40571120, Effects and Mechanisms of DEM Analysis Scales, 2006.01-2008.12;
12. Project of “863” Program, 2006AA12Z212, Study on Key Techniques of Construction of High Fidelity DEM, 2006.11-2009.11
1. Zhen Y, Liu X, Wang M. Fundamental Matrix Estimation Based on Inlier Distributions Constraint[J]. Geomatics & Information Science of Wuhan University, 2013, 211(10):237-244.
2. Shuijian Zhang, Xuejun Liu. A new algorithm for finding the k shortest transport paths in dynamic stochastic networks，JOURNAL OF VIBROENGINEERING，2013, 15（2）:1392-8716.
3. Zhang Shuijian, Liu Xuejun, Yang Yang, Dynamic Stochastic Shortest Path Algorithm [J]. Acta Physica Sinica –Chinese Edition-, 2012, 61(16): 160201-160201;
4. Yan Zhen, Xuejun Liu and Meizhen Wang. Precise Fundamental Matrix Estimation Based on Inlier Distribution Constraint, Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Information Technology and Software Engineering, 2013,211: 237-244.
5. Liu X, Wang M, Yan Z, et al. Geometric Measurement Based on Single Image:A Survey[J]. Geomatics & Information Science of Wuhan University, 2011.
6. Guo J, Song L, Chang X, et al. Vertical deflection measure with digital zenith camera and accuracy analysis[J]. Wuhan Daxue Xuebao, 2011, 36(9).
7. Wang M, Liu X, et. al. Distance Measurement for a Single Image Based on Cross Ratio[J]. Geomatics & Information Science of Wuhan University, 2011, 36(2):190-194.
8. Liu X J, Wang Y F, Jin B, et al. Resolution analysis of grid digital elevation model based on data property[J]. Geographical Research, 2010, 29(5):852-862.
9. Liu X J, Tang G A. Digital Terrain Analysis(DTA):Opportunity and Challenge[J]. Geomatics World, 2009.
10. Liu X, Zhang P. Suitable Window Size of Terrain Parameters Derived from Grid-based DEM[J]. Acta Geodaetica Et Cartographica Sinica, 2009, 38(3):264-271.
11. Liu X J, Ren Z F, Wang Y F, et al. Slope Model at Arbitrary Direction Derived from Grid-based DEM[J]. Areal Research & Development, 2009.
12. Liu X, Wang Y, Jin B, et al. Calculation and Realization of the GIS Raster Resolution[J]. Journal of Geo-Information Science, 2009, 11(5):638-644.
13. Liu X. A Upscaling Method of Digital Elevation Model with Point Spread Function[J]. Wuhan Daxue Xuebao, 2009, 34(12):1458-1462.
14. Xuejun Liu , Yanfang Wang , Bei Jin. Determination of suitable cell size for grid based Digital Elevation Model, International Symposium on Spatial Analysis, Spatial-Temporal Data Modeling, and Data Mining, 2009,7492.
15. Wu Yong, Liu Xuejun, Zhao Hua. Wang Meizhen.Research on Locating Video Format and its Retrieving Method, Information Science and Engineering (ICISE), 2009, 2153-2156.
16. Wang C, LIU. Morphologic Fidelity of Grid Digital Elevation Model [J]. Geomatics & Information Science of Wuhan University, 2009.
17. Liu X J, Wang Y J, Zheng R, et al. Algorithm for extracting drainage network based on triangulated irregular network [J]. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 2008.
18. Liu X J, Lu B, Hua-Xing L U. The Accuracy Assessment on Slope Algorithms with DEM Error Spatial Autocorrelation [J]. Acta Geodaetica et Cartographica Sinica, 2008.
19. Tang G A, Liu X J, Fang L, Luo M L. A Review on the Scale Issue in DEMs and Digital Terrain Analysis [J]. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, 2006, 31(12): 1059-1065.
20. QIMING ZHOU, XUEJUN LIU, YIZHONG SUN. Terrain complexity and uncertainties in grid-based digital terrain analysis, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 2006,20(10):1137–1147.
21. Cao Z D, Liu X J, Wang Y F, et al. Comparison of Terrain Simplification Indices Based on Grid DEM[J]. Geography and Geo-Information Science, 2005, 21(2):10-15.
22. Liu X J. A Study of Accuracy and Algorithms for Calculating Slope and Aspect Based on Grid Digital Elevation Model (DEM) [J]. Acta Geodaetica Et Cartographic Sinica, 2004, 33(3):258-263.
23. Qiming Zhou Xuejun Liu.Error Analysis on Grid-Based Slope and Aspect Algorithms, Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 2004, 70(8): 957–962.
24. Qiming Zhou Xuejun Liu. Analysis of errors of derived slope and aspect related to DEM data properties, Computers & Geosciences, 2004,30 :369–378.
25. Zhou, Q. and Liu, X. The accuracy assessment on algorithms that derive slope and aspect from DEM, inProceedings of the 2ndInternational Symposium on Spatial Data Quality, Hong Kong, 2003.
26. Qiming Zhou Xuejun Liu. Error assessment of grid-based flow routing algorithms used in hydrological models, International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 2002, 16(8): 819–842.
1. Digital Terrain Analysis, Science Press, 2006;
2. Transportation Geographic Information System, Science Press, 2005;
3. Principles and Methods of Digital Elevation Model and Its Geographic Analysis, Science Press, 2007;
4. Principles of Geographic Information System, Textbook of Chinese 11th Five-years Plan, Higher Education Press, 2007;
5. Tutorial of Digital Elevation Model, Science Press, 2010;
Has 14 national invention patents and 6 software copyrights.
Honors and Awards
(1) Research Awards
1. National Progress Prize of Surveying and Mapping Technology. Platform Software and Application of 3D GIS, First class prize, 2013;
2. National Progress Prize of Geographic Information Technology. Construction and Application of High Fidelity DEM, First class prize, National Administration of Surveying, Mapping and Geoinformation, China Association of Geographic Information Society, 2011;
3. 6th Excellent Journal Paper of China Association for Science and Technology. A Study of Accuracy and Algorithms for Calculating Slope and Aspect Based on Grid Digital Elevation Model, First class prize, 2008;
4. Science and Technology Progress Prize of Shanxi Province, First class prize, Shanxi Science and Technology Department, 2002;
5. Excellent Innovation Group in Higher Educations of Jiangsu Province, 2007
(2) Teaching Awards
1. DEM and Its Geographic Analysis. Excellent Course for Master Students in Jiangsu Province, Education Department of Jiangsu Province, 2009.09, Rank 1;
2. Tutorial of GIS. Elaborate Textbook of Nanjing Normal University, 2008, Rank 2;
3. Grasp the Characteristics of Emerging Disciplines, Propel the Integrated Construction of GIS Serial Courses and Textbooks, Second class prize of National Teaching Achievement Prize, Ministry of Education, 2009.09, Rank 8;
4. Elaborate Textbook and Curse Construction of Geographic Analysis of GIS, Teaching Achievement Prize of Nanjing Normal University, First class prize, 2009, Rank 3.
5. Innovative Research and Practice of the Teaching Contents Reformation and the Teaching Methods of the Course “Surveying” in Civil Engineering Specialty. Second class prize of 9th Five-year Teaching Research Achievement in Hunan Province, Education Department of Hunan Province, 2002, Rank 4.
6. Excellent young or middle-aged key teacher of Nanjing Normal University, 2005.
7. Principal Member of National Teaching Group of GIS, 2008.
8. National Elaborate Course of GIS, 2005.
9. First class excellent course of GIS in Jiangsu Province, 2004
Tel: +86- 13776685731