PhD, geomorphology and environment, Lanzhou University (2000)
BA, physical geography, Lanzhou University, (1995)
Geomorphology and quaternary geology
- 2003-2005, Research on the development of the layered landform of Longmen Mountain (National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2009-2011, Burial dating of cosmogenic isotopes of Yumen Conglomerate and Jiuquan Gravel and their records of erosion rate of watershed(National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2013-2016, Research on the cutting speed of the river in the eastern part of the Qinghai Tibet Plateau(National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- Wu Q, Zhao Z, Liu L, et al. Outburst flood at 1920 BCE supports historicity of China’s Great Flood and the Xia dynasty[J]. Science, 2016, 353(6299): 579-582.
- Zhao, Z. J., X. M. Fang, et al. (2001). "Paleomagnetic dating of the Jiuquan Gravel in the Hexi Corridor: Implication on mid-Pleistocene uplift of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau." Chinese Science Bulletin 46(23): 2001-2005.
- Zhao, Z. J., X. M. Fang, et al. (2001). "Late Cenozoic magnetic polarity stratigraphy in the Jiudong Basin, northern Qilian Mountain."Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences 44: 243-250.
- Shi, Z. T. Ye, Y. G. Zhao, Z. J. Fang, X. M. Li, J. J. (2001). "ESR dating of late Cenozoic molassic deposits in the Jiuxi Basin." Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences 44: 203-209.
- C. H. Song, X. M. Fang, J. J. Li, J. P. Gao, Z. J. Zhao and M. J. Fan (2001). "Tectonic uplift and sedimentary evolution of the Jiuxi Basin in the northern margin of the Tibetan Plateau since 13 Ma BP." Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences 44: 192-202.
- Fang, X. M., Zhao Z. J., et al. (2005). "Magnetostratigraphy of the late Cenozoic Laojunmiao anticline in the northern Qilian Mountains and its implications for the northern Tibetan Plateau uplift." Science in China Series D-Earth Sciences 48(7): 1040-1051.
- Zhu, Y., Chen Y., Zhao Z. J., et al., (2009). "13C d-cellulose record of environmental change by of sphagnum peat at Shennongjia, 4000―1000 aBP. Chinese Science Bulletin, 54: 3731―3738
- A.M. Alonso-Zarza, Z. Zhao, C.H. Song, J.J. Li, J. Zhang, A. Martín-Pérez, R. Martín-García, et al. (2009).
"Mudflat/distal fan and shallow lake sedimentation (upper Vallesian–Turolian) in the Tianshui Basin, Central China: Evidence against the late Miocene eolian loess. " Sedimentary Geology 222: 42-51.
- Peng, T.J., Li, J.J., Song, C.H., Zhao, Z.J., Zhang, J., Hui, Z.C., King, J.W., 2012. Biomarkers challenge early Miocene loess and inferred Asian desertification. Geophys Res Lett 39.
- Zhang, J., Li, J., Song, C., Zhao, Z., Xie, G., Wang, X., Hui, Z., Peng, T., 2013. Paleomagnetic ages of Miocene fluvio-lacustrine sediments in the Tianshui Basin, western China. J Asian Earth Sci 62, 341-348
- Hui, Z., Li J., Xu, Qinghai, Song, Chunhui, Zhang, Jun, Wu, Fuli, Zhao, Zhijun (2011). "Miocene vegetation and climatic changes reconstructed from a sporopollen record of the Tianshui Basin, NE Tibetan Plateau." Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 308(3-4): 373-382
- Xiuxi Wang, Jijun Li, Chunhui Song, Massimiliano Zattin, Zhijun Zhao, Jun Zhang, Yong Zhang and Kuang He , (2011), Late Cenozoic orogenic history of Western Qinling inferred from sedimentation of Tianshui basin, northeastern margin of Tibetan Plateau. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 304-308.
- A.M. Alonso-Zarza, Z. Zhao, C.H. Song, J.J. Li et al., Reply to the comment on “Mudflat/distal fan and shallow lake sedimentation (upper Vallesian–Turolian) in the Tianshui Basin, Central China: Evidence against the late Miocene eolian loess” by A.M. Alonso-Zarza, Z. Zhao, C.H. Song, J.J. Li, J. Zhang, A. Martín-Pérez, R. Martín-García, X.X. Wang, Y. Zhang and M.H. Zhang, [Sedimentary Geology 222 (2009) 42–51], Sedimentary Geology 230 (2010) 90–93
- Peng Tingjiang, Li Jijun, Zhao Zhijun, Song Chunhui, Zhang Jun, Biomarkers Aid Paleoenvironment Studies of Asian Aridification，EOS, TRANSACTIONS, AMERICAN GEOPHYSICAL UNION，2013,94(19):173-174
Honors and Awards
- 2003, Nanjing Normal University Outstanding Young Key Teacher
- 2003, Third-class prize of the ninth Henry Fok prize for young teachers
- 2007, The first batch of 333 high-level personnel training project, young science and technology leaders, Jiangsu Province