United Board Faculty Enrichment Program
2017 Intensive English Language Program(Non-Degree)
The United Board is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted forthe2017 Intensive English Language Program (IELP). The seven-week program will run from June 12– July 28, 2017, and will be administered by the Ateneo Language Learning Center at the Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
The purpose of this program is to help participants improve their English language proficiency in academic and professional settings, and become more confident in English listening, speaking, writing and reading.
Successful applicants will be entitled to a scholarship which will include: tuition, room and board, as well as round-trip airfare.
- under 40 years old by the time of application
- currently employed at one of the United Board network institutions
- in good health condition (you may be asked to provide a medical certificate prior to enrollment)
- Have adequate English level to function in a classroom setting. This will be an equivalent of a TOEFL score between 400 – 500 or an IELTS level of 3.5 – 4.5 (Note: Ateneo de Manila University will contact shortlisted candidates for online/phone interviews to assess English proficiency).
A complete application shall include:
- Application Form
- Endorsement letter from the head of institution/senior administrator
- Certificate/Proof of previous English training or testing, if any
All applications and requests for further information should be sent to the United Board at UBScholars@unitedboard.org by April 17, 2017. Announcement of the selection will be made in early May. Awardees are expected to arrive in Manila on June 10, 2017.
Ms. Vivica Xiong
United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia
1/F Chung Chi College Administration Building
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong