Director: Jian Shen/Xiaohua Huang
Secretary: Xuefeng Jiang
The “Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biomedical Materials” was included in the development plan by Jiangsu Department of Education in 2007 and approved in 2008. Supported by Chemistry and Biology departments, the laboratory has established distinctive discipline characteristics and advantages, with its main research areas focused on both fundamental and applied research including molecular design of new anti-hemo materials, development of new pharmaceutical materials and organism interaction and detection technology. With the opportunity of global talent recruitment plan of “Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center of Biomedical Functional Materials”, the laboratory has promoted its strength and core competence. It aims at solving major scientific problems and developing key techniques, dedicating to not only the application of national key scientific research projects but also the revolutionary projects of the enterprises’ urgent needs. The laboratory will strengthen cooperation between the lab research and industrial application, and also promote collaborative development of fundamental research and applied science of biomedical materials.
- Molecular design of new anti-hemo materials
- Development of new pharmaceutical materials
- Reserch of Organism interaction and detection technology
Major Achievements in Recent Five Years
- Published more than 200 SCI papers in recent two years, more than 10 of them are published on top academic journals (IF >8.0) ; Obtained over 50 patents;
- Winning 5 prizes at the provincial level or above;
- Funded by key research project of Natural Science Foundation of China (Dual mode action of anticancer complexes targeted DNA research);
- Funding 8-15 people per year by youth talent support program; Signed 10 contracts about PI recruitment plan and strategy cooperation agreement in two years;
- Introduced the winner of “1000 plan global experts”, David D.Y.Chen; Established the relevant platform on reclamation and recycling of National Heavy wastewater , ingredients separation and purification technology of plants and other medicinal materials;
- Holding communication with research institutions and corporations over 200 times; Hosting more than 100 sessions and forums by global prominent scientists, academician, Yangtse Rive Scholars and Distinguished Young Scholars.