Director: Jian Shen / Xiaohua Huang
Secretary: Xuefeng Jiang
The “National and Local Joint Engineering Research Center of Biomedical Functional Materials” was approved officially by National Development and Reform Commission in 2013.It is a milestone since the Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center of Biomedical Functional Materials has developed. The center has developed relevant core technology research and played an important role in the development of Jiangsu new industries, with focusing on advanced implantable biomedical materials and devices, new functional drugs and carriers, biomedical detection and simulation platform construction. It will provide not only a high-level platform for pilot scale test and corresponding evaluation system, but also an advanced, well-equipped and comprehensive industrial scale test base. By cultivating the innovative enterprises with core competitive power, the center will contribute to the economic transition and development of strategic emerging industries of Jiangsu Province.
- Advanced implantable biomedical materials and devices
- New functional drugs and carriers
- Biomedical detection and simulation platform construction
Major Achievements in Recent Five Years
- Signature papers: Published more than 260 SCI papers in recent two years, more than 10 of them are published on top academic journals (IF >8.0), such as PNAS, Advanced Materials, JACS, Angewandte Chemie, Biomaterials, Chemical Science, and so on;
- Winning 5 prizes including organic/inorganic interface design and its application, rapid detection technology;
- Funded by key research project of Natural Science Foundation of China (Dual mode action of anticancer complexes targeted DNA research);
- Talent development: funding 8-15 people per year by youth talent support program; introduced the winner of “1000 plan global experts”, David D.Y.Chen, who’s an authority in analytical chemistry and tenured professor of UBC;
- Holding more than 20 seminars on significant requirements in China corporate, making communication with leading and collaborating research institutions and corporations over 200 times; Hosting more than 100 sessions and forums by global prominent scientists, academician, Yangtse Rive Scholars and Distinguished Young Scholars;
- Signed 10 contracts about PI recruitment plan and strategy cooperation agreement; Established the rapid detection and simulation platform featured by the interdisciplinary of physical chemistry, computational chemistry and mathematics; Added the separation and purification technology research platform focused on special industrial products;
- By the end of 2015, finalized over 10 corporate contracts and agreements; Fulfilled project funding more than 20 million.