On the afternoon of June 16, 2020, Mr. Shen Xiaolin, director of Nanjing Southeast Judicial Authentication Center and vice President of Nanjing Judicial Authentication Association, came to Nanjing Normal University law school to teach the practical course of judicial authentication for the 2019 master of Law (judicial Authentication direction). Mr. Shen discussed with the students about "atypical problems in document authentication ". His teaching content was very rich, and he grasped the frontier of academic and practice.
Mr. Shen firstly introduced the practice classification of document authentication and technical standards, and then discussed how to understand the general principles of the judicial authentication procedures stipulated in article 23 of "the most recognized experts in the field technology method" with the students, he pointed out that expert paper published in the journal and the academic seminar of the article can be used as a kind of method. Then, in combination with the practice of judicial expertise, he successively introduced ten atypical problems in judicial expertise, which are respectively:
(1) The challenge of scientific and technological development to the same identification theory of document identification. The challenge for the identification of the same handwriting is to identify the handwriting of a human or a robot; The challenge for the same identification of seal authenticity is how to distinguish between manual engraving and computer engraving.
(2) The importance of document identification in document identification activities. The way in which handwriting, seal and fingermark are formed shall be carefully examined when a case is accepted and formally authenticated so as to carry out the authentication smoothly.
(3) Samples in the identification of handwriting authenticity. The collection of contemporaneous natural samples plays an important role in identification of handwriting identity and handwriting formation time.
(4) Problems that should be paid attention to in the identification of seal identity. First, the specification of the seal, second, the material of the seal, and finally, the sample of the seal.
(5) Difficulties in the sequential identification of Zhu Mo. One is the timing identification of the crossing of writing with the same or the same writing tool, the other is the timing identification of the crossing of the same seal with the same oil seal, and the third is the timing identification of the crossing of the light color handwriting strokes with the seals.In addition, the research status in China was also introduced.
(6) Common problems in the identification of the time of document formation. He pointed out that familiar and simple methods should be selected for the identification of the date of document formation, and attention should be paid to the timeliness and repeatability of the identification. In addition, the expression of appraisal opinion should not be too absolute, need to leave room.
(7) The type of machine for printing documents and the problem of single machine identification. He illustrated the characteristics of print files by showing pictures, such as ink dot distribution, dot composition and other features, which is very intuitive.
(8) Problems in identification of electronic signatures.Electronic signature forms the electronic data, and at the same time appears some characteristics which can be reflected quantitatively: stroke force, writing speed and frequency, writing time. In addition, Shen and his classmates discussed whether electronic signature identification should belong to document identification or electronic data identification.
(9) Quantification of handwriting identification.Although some domestic research institutions are carrying out relevant research, but few results, the future development of quantitative identification is still unknown.
(10) Handwriting analysis. By analyzing the writer's written language, text format and content, we can judge the writer's region, age, culture, occupation and personality. For example, the pressure characteristics of writing can reflect the person's mental and physical energy. This is a very interesting research project.
In the process of teaching, Mr. Shen often put forward questions to deepen the topic, communicated and interacted with students, and combined with practical cases to make students have a deeper understanding of the practical application and development of document identification, which brought us a lively and interesting feast of knowledge. With warm applause, the special lecture of "Study on Atypical Problems in Document Appraisal" came to a close. Thanks for Mr. Shen Xiaolin's wonderful lecture. Looking forward to Mr. Shen's coming next time!