- G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) in peptide hormone family sense molecules outside the cell and activate inside G protein signal transduction pathways and, ultimately, have an important effect on mammalian growth and development
- Adaptive evolution and co-evolution of GPCR and peptide ligands
- Adaptive evolution and functional studies of orphan GPCRs in mammals and human being
- Prediction and functional studies of novel peptides
- Identify in-vivo and in-vitro function of these GPCR receptor-ligand pairs on mouse animal model
- Our study will provide the biological basis for GPCR pharmacological research and peptide drug therapy
Postdoctoral fellow, School of medicine, Stanford University (2014)
Ph.D., Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2010)
B.S., National Training Camp for Talented and Gifted Students, Wuhan University (2004)
- One Thousand Youth Talents Plan (2016-2018)
- The outstanding youth fund of Jiangsu Province (2016-2018)
- Specially-Appointed Professor in Jiangsu Province (2016-2018)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (31401207)
- Major projects of Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (15KJA180004)
- The One Hundred Person Project of Nanjing Normal University (2015-2017)
Haidi Chen#, Li Chen#, Yune Wu, HaoShen,Guang Yang,Cheng Deng* (2017).The exonization and functionalization of an Alu-J element in the protein coding region of glycoprotein hormone alpha gene represent a novel mechanism to the evolution of hemochorial placentation in primates.Molecular Biology and Evolution,Volume 34,Issue12,1December 2017,Pages 3216–3231*Corresponding author
- Cheng Deng*, Haidi Chen, Na Yang, Yi Feng, Aaron J. W. Hsueh*. (2015) Apela regulates fluid homeostasis by binding to the APJ receptor to activate Gi signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry. DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M115.648238 *Corresponding author
- Cheng Deng*& Aaron J. W. Hsueh. (2013) Evolution of a potential hormone antagonist following gene splicing during primate evolution. Plos One. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0064610. * Corresponding author
- Cheng Deng*, Ximiao He, Aaron J. W. Hsueh*. (2013) A single-nucleotide polymorphism of human Neuropeptide S gene originated from Europe shows decreased bioactivity. Plos One.DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0083009. * Corresponding author
- Cheng Deng, Pradeep Reddy, Yuan Cheng, Ching-Wei Luo, Chih-Lun Hsiao, and Aaron J. W. Hsueh. (2013) Multi-functional norrin is a ligand for the LGR4 receptor. Journal of Cell Science.DOI: 10.1242/jcs.123471.
- Cheng Deng, Chi-Hing Cheng, Hua Ye, Ximiao He, Liangbiao Chen. (2010) Evolution of an antifreeze protein by neofunctionalization under escape from adaptive conflict. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.107:21593–8.
- Yang Na, Peng Changlian, Cheng Deng,Huang Qiao, Xu Guanghui, Gao Fei, Chen Liangbiao. (2013). The over-expression of calmodulin from Antarcticnotothenioidfish increases cold tolerance in tobacco. Gene. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2013.03.048.
- Chen, Z., Cheng, C.H., Zhang, J., Cao, L., Chen, L., Zhou, L., Jin, Y., Ye, H., Deng, C., Dai, Z.,et al. (2008). Transcriptomic and genomic evolution under constant cold in Antarctic notothenioid fishes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 105:12944-12949.
- Zhang J, Deng C, Wang J. and Chen L. (2009). Identification of a two-domain antifreeze protein gene in Antarctic eelpout Lycodichthys dearborni. Polar Biol. DOI 10.1007/s00300-008-0499-8.
- Chen L, Cao L, Zhou L, Jing Y, Chen Z, Deng C, Shen Y, Chen L (2007). Trehalose as a good candidate for enriching full-length cDNAs in cDNA library construction. J. Biotech. 127: 402-407
Cheng Deng, Haidi Chen, Yune Wu, Recombinant protein Alu-HCG of human chorionic gonadotropin and its encoding gene and Application , 2017.05, 201710377777.3
Honors and Awards
One Thousand Youth Talents Plan;
The outstanding youth fund of Jiangsu Province;
Specially-Appointed Professor in Jiangsu Province;
The Prize for the Important Progress of Science of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
The Best Reporter in 2009 Annual Meeting of Institute of Genetics and Development Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.