- Evolution and function study of microRNA: Focusing on the evolutionary study of microRNA gene family, and the roles of microRNAs involved in immune functions and mechanisms in amphioxus and insect.
- Comparative Genomics:Comparative analyses of the phylogeny evolution of genes and gene families of model species reveal the origin and function of gene and the mechanism of their evolution and diversification.
- Bioinformatics: Study is involved in biological information database and software development, bioinformatic knowledge discovery and data mining, as well as miRNA-mediated gene regulation network.
- Ph.D., 2001, Nanjing Agricultural University, Agricultural Entomology and Pest Control.
- B. S. , 1990, Anhui Agricultural University, Plant Protection.
- Post-doctoral Research, 2001~2003, Institute of Biological Information, Tsinghua University.
- The co-regulatory roles and mechanisms mediated by TFs and miRNAs in immune response of Toll signaling pathway of Drosophila melanogaster, National natural science foundation of China, No: 31572324.
- The identification, evolution and preliminary functional study of the immune-related microRNA of amphioxus, Major project of natural science research in Universities of jiangsu province, No.12KJA180005.
- The origin and evolution of miRNA genes in vertebrates, National natural science foundation of China, No: 30970348.
- Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education of China (No: NCET-07-0405).
- Pattern recognition and cloning verification of alternative splicing genes, National natural science foundation of China, No: 60575005.
- Bioinformatic study on the origin and evolution of alternative splicing genes, National natural science foundation of China, No: 60305001.
- Wei G, Sun L, Li R, Li L, Xu J, Ma F. Dynamic miRNA-mRNA regulations are essential for maintaining Drosophila immune homeostasis during Micrococcus luteus infection. Dev Comp Immunol., 2018, 81:210-224.
- Li S, Xu J, Sun L, Li R, Jin P, Ma F. Drosophila miR-964 modulates Toll signaling pathway in response to bacterial infection. Dev Comp Immunol., 2017, 77:252-258.
- Jin, P, Li, S, Sun, L, Lv, C. and Ma, F. Transcriptome-wide analysis of microRNAs in Branchiostoma belcheri upon Vibrio parahemolyticus infection. Dev Comp Immunol., 2017, 74, 243-252.
- Li S, Li Y, Shen L, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. miR-958 inhibits Toll signaling and Drosomycin expression via directly targeting Toll and Dif in Drosophila melanogaster. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol., 2017, 312(2):C103-C110.
- Li Y, Li S, Li R, Xu J, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. Genome-wide miRNA screening reveals miR-310 family members negatively regulate the immune response in Drosophila melanogaster via co-targeting Drosomycin. Dev Comp Immunol., 2017, 68:34-45.
- Li S, Shen L, Sun L, Xu J, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. Small RNA-Seq analysis reveals microRNA-regulation of the Imd pathway during Escherichia coli infection in Drosophila. Dev Comp Immunol., 2017, 70:80-87.
- Li Y, Li S, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. miR-11 regulates pupal size of Drosophila melanogaster via directly targeting Ras85D. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol., 2017, 312(1):C71-C82.
- Wei G, Qin S, Li W, Chen L, Ma F. MDTE DB: A Database for MicroRNAs Derived from Transposable Element. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform., 2016, 13(6): 1155-1160.
- Song X, Du J, Zhu W, Jin P, Ma F. identification and characterization of an apoptosis stimulating protein p53 (ASPP) gene from branchiostoma belcheri insights in evolution of ASPP gene family. Fish Shellfish Immunol., 2016, 49:268-74.
- Yin D, Li W, Fu M, Chen L, Ma F, Jin P. Identification and characterization of a TAB1 gene involved in innate immunity of amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri). Gene, 2016, 575:294-302.
- Qin S, Ma F, Chen L. Gene regulatory networks by transcription factors and microRNAs in breast cancer. Bioinformatics, 2015, 31(1):76-83.
- Qin S, Jin P, Zhou X, Chen L, Ma F. The Role of Transposable Elements in the Origin and Evolution of MicroRNAs in Human. PLoS One, 2015, 10(6):e0131365.
- Yu S，Cai X ，Wu C，Wu L，Wang Y，LiuY，Yu Z，Qin S，Ma F，Thiery J P，Chen L.Adhesion glycoprotein CD44 functions as an upstream regulator of a network connecting ERK, AKT and Hippo-YAP pathways in cancer progression. Oncotarget，2015，6(5)：2951-2965.
- Zhu J, Cai L, Zhang T, Chen L, Jin P, Ma F. Identiﬁcation and characterization of a p38-like gene from amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri): An insight into amphioxus innate immunity and evolution. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 2014, 41: 421-427.
- Cai Lu, Zhu Jiu, Yin Denghua, Chen Liming, Jin Ping, Ma F. Identification and characterization of complement factor H in Branchiostoma belcheri，Gene，2014，553（1）：42-48.
- Song X, Cai L, Li Y, Zhu J, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. Identification and Characterization of transforming growth factor β induced gene (TGFBIG) from Branchiostoma belcheri: Insights into evolution of TGFBI family. Genomics, 2014, 103:147-153.
- Wu L, Wang Y, Liu Y, Yu S, Xie H, Shi X, Qin S, Ma F, Tan T Z, Thiery J P, Chen L. A central role for TRPS1 in the control of cell cycle and cancer development. Oncotargets, 2014, 5(17): 7677-7690.
- Han M, Qin S, Song X, Li Y, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. Evolutionary rate patterns of genes involved in the Drosophila Toll and Imd signaling pathway. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 2013, 13:245.
- Song X, Hu J, Jin P, Chen L, Ma F. Identification and evolution of an NFAT gene involving Branchiostoma belcheri innate im-munity. Genomics, 2013, 102(4): 355-362.
- Jin P, Hu J, Qian J, Chen L, Xu X, Ma F. Genomic characterization, phylogeny and expression analysis of a putative lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF-α factor (LITAF) gene homologue from Amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri). Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 2012，32:1223-1228.
- Jin P, Cai R, Li-Ling J, Ma F. Features of missense/nonsense mutations in exonic splicing enhancer sequences from cancer-related human genes. Mutation Research-Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, 2012, 740:6-12.
- Song X, Jin P, Qin S, Chen L, Ma F. The evolution and origin of animal Toll-like receptor signaling pathway revealed by network-level molecular evolutionary analyses. PLoS ONE, 2012, 7(12): e51657.
- Jin P, Qin S, Chen X, Song Y, Li-Ling J, Xu X, Ma F. Functional Divergence and Evolutionary Rate of Human Tissue-specific Genes Are Related with Transposable Element Insertions. Genetica, 2012, 140(10-12):513-23.
- Jin P, Gao Y, Chen L, Ma F. Cloning and characterization of a COMMD4 gene from amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri): An insight into the function and evolution of COMMD4. Immunology Letters, 2012, 148(2):110-116.
- Jin P, Zhou L, Song X, Qian J, Chen L, Ma F. Particularity and universality of a putative Gram-negative bacteria-binding protein (GNBP) gene from Amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri): insights into the function and evolution of GNBP. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 2012, 33:835-845.
- Zhou X, Jin P, Qin S, Chen L, Ma F. Systematic investigation of Amphioxus (Branchiostoma floridae) microRNAs. Gene, 2012, 508 :110–116.
- Zhou Lu，Jin Ping，Qian Jinjun，Chen Liming，Ma F. Molecular cloning and characterization of an IKK homologue from amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri). Mol Biol Rep，2012，39:10751–10758.
- Song X, Jin P, Hu J, Chen L, Li-Ling J, Ma F. Involvement of AmphiRel, a Rel-like gene identified in Chinese amphioxus (Brachiastoma belcheri), in LPS-induced defense response: implication for evolution of Rel subfamily genes. Genomics, 2012, 99:361-369.
- Li F, Ma F, Ji X, Yu L, Sun Y, Han Z. Methods for identifying small RNA genes. Advances in Insect Physiology, 2012, 42:155-197.
- Jin P, Ji X, Wang H, Li-Ling J, Ma F. AmphiEST: enabling comparative analysis of ESTs from five developmental stages of Amphioxus. Marine Genomics, 2010, 3:151-155.
- Song S, Guo J, Li-Ling J, Huang Q, Chen X, Ma F. Comparative component analysis of exons with different splicing frequencies. PLoS ONE, 2009, 4(4): e5387.
- Ma X, Huang Q, Li-Ling J, Hou L, Ma F. Systematic analysis of alternative promoters correlated with alternative splicing in human genes. Genomics, 2009, 93: 420-425.
- Liu X, Li-Ling J, Hou L，Li Q , Ma F. Identification and characterization of a chitinase-coding gene from Lampetra japonica with possible roles in gonadal development and innate immunity. Developmental and Comparative Immunology, 2009, 33（2）：257-263.
- Huang Q, Guo J, Ge Q, Li-Ling J, Chen X, Ma F. Comparative analysis of distinct noncoding characteristics potentially contributing to the divergence of human tissue-specific genes. Genetica, 2009, 136(1):127-134.
- Zhou L, Li-Ling J, Huang H, Ma F, Li Q. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate kininogen genes. Genomics, 2008, 91(2):129-141.
- Tan S, Guo J, Huang Q, Chen X, Li-Ling J, Li Q, Ma F. Retained introns increase putative microRNA targets within 3＇UTRs of human mRNA. FEBS Letters, 2007, 581(6):1081~1086.
- Zhuang Y, Ma F, Li-Ling J, Xu X, Li Y. Comparative analysis of amino acids usage and protein length distribution of alternatively and non-alternatively spliced genes across the six eukaryotic genomes. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 2003,20(12):1978~1985.
- Chen xianian, Wu Jincai, Ma Fei. The study and control of brown planthopper. Beijing: China agricultural press. September 2003.
Honors and Awards
- New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education of China.
Address: Colloge of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, P.R.China 210046
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com