- Somatic cell nuclear transfer, molecular reprogramming/reactivation, and epigenetics.
- Embryonic stem cell research, its derivation, characterization and functional analyses.
- Gene knockout/genetic modification, and transgenic animal models for biomedical research.
- Gene specific expression and its functional regulation during embryonic preimplantational development.
- Assisted reproduction - in vitro maturation/fertilization/culture, embryo and gamete cryopreservation.
PhD, Department of Biomedical Sciences, J. A. Baker Institute for Animal Health, Cornell University (2000)
BA, Department of Biology, Nanjing Normal University (1984)
- Rabbit Embryonic Stem Cells and their Germline Transmission, National Natural Science Foundation of China (31471388)
- Germline Transmission of Rabbit Embryonic Stem Cells, Program of Natural Science Research of Jiangsu Higher Education Institution of China (2014104TSJ0117)
- Deriving, Maintaining and Differentiation of GFP Marked Rabbit Embryonic Stem Cells, Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (30133207110004)
- An L, Hu Y, Chang S, Zhu X, Ling P, Zhang F, Liu J, Liu Y, Chen Y, Yang L, Presicce GA, Du F* Efficient generation of FVII gene knockout mice using CRISPR/Cas9 nuclease and truncated guided RNAs. Sci Rep. 2016, 6:25199.
- AnＬ, PP Ling, X Zhu, Y Liu, F Zhang, X Ma, B Xu, Y Wang, Z Du, L Yang, Du F* Successful Vitrification of In vivo Embryos Collected from Superovulated Japanese Black Cattle (Wagyu). Reprod Domest Anim 2016.
- F Du*, CH Chen, Y Li, Y Hu, LY An, L Yang, J Zhang, YE Chen, J Xu Derivation of Rabbit Embryonic Stem Cells from Vitrified-Thawed Embryos. Cell Reprogram 2015, 17:453-62.
- An L, S Chang, Y Hu, Y Li, B Xu, F Zhang, L Yang, GA Presicce, F Du* Efficient cryopreservation of mouse embryos by modified droplet vitrification (MDV). Cryobiology 2015, 71:70-6.
- Xue F, Ma Y, Chen YE, Zhang J, Lin TZ, Chen CH, Lin WW, Roach M, Ju JC, Du F* and Xu J Recombinant rabbit leukemia inhibitory factor and rabbit embryonic fibroblasts support the derivation and maintenance of rabbit embryonic stem cells. Cellular Reprogramming 2012; 14(4):364-76.
- Chen CH, Xu J, Chang C, Liu C, Su HY, Chen YE, Du F and Sung L Dynamic profiles of Oct-4, Cdx-2 and acetylated H4K5 in in-vivo-derived rabbit embryos. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 2012; 25(4), 358-370.
- Chen CH, Chang W, Liu C, Su HY, Shyue H, Cheng TKW, Chen YE, Wu S, Du F, Sung L and Xu J Spatial and temporal distribution of Oct-4 and acetylated H4K5 in rabbit embryos. Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 2012; 24(4), 433-442.
- Sung LY, Chen CH, Xu J, Lin TA, Su HY, Chang WF, Liu CC, Sung YS, Cheng WT, Zhang J, Tian XC, Ju JC, Chen YE, Wu SC, Du F*. Follicular oocytes better support development in rabbit cloning than oviductal oocytes. Cellular Reprogramming 2011; 13 (6):503-12.
- Lin TA, Chen CH, Sung LY, Carter MG, Chen YE, Du F, Ju JC, Xu J. Open-pulled straw vitrification differentiates cryotolerance of in vitro cultured rabbit embryos at the eight-cell stage. Theriogenology. 2011;75(4):760-768.
- Presicce GA, Xu J, Gong G, Moreno JF, Chaubal S, Xue F, Bella A, Senatore EM, Yang X, Tian XC, Du F* Oocyte source and hormonal stimulation for in vitro fertilization using sexed spermatozoa in cattle. Veterinary Medicine International 2011.
- Senatore E, Xu J, Novoa M, Gong G, Lin T, Bella A, Moreno JF, Mannino M, Tian CX, Presicce GA, Wu S, and Du F* Improved in vitro development of OPU-derived bovine (Bos taurus) embryos by group culture with agarose-embedded helper embryos. Theriogenology; 2010 74(9):1643-1651.
- Du F*, Xu J, Zhang J, Gao S, Carter M, He C, Sung L, Chaubal S, Fissore R, Tian X, Yang X and Chen E Beneficial Effect of young oocytes in rabbit somatic cell nuclear transfer. Cloning and Stem Cells 2009; 11(1):131-140.
- Xu J, Chaubal S, and Du F* Optimizing IVF with sexed sperm in cattle. Theriogenology 2009; 71(1):39-47.
- Suteevun-Phermthai T, Curchoe CL, Evans AC, Boland E, Rizos D, Fair T, Duffy P, Sung LY, Du F, Chaubal S, Xu J, Wechayant T, Yang X, Lonergan P, Parnpai R, Tian XC Allelic switching of the imprinted IGF2R gene in cloned bovine fetuses and calves. Animal Reproduction Science 2009; 116(1-2):19-27.
- Smith SL, Everts RE, Sung LY, Du F, Page RL, Henderson B, Rodriguez-Zas SL, Nedambale TL, Renard JP, Lewin HA, and Yang X Gene expression profiling of single bovine embryos uncovers significant effects of in vitro maturation, fertilization and culture. Molecular Reproduction and Development 2008; 76(1):38-47.
Method of liquid nitrogen surface vitrification，2011.8，USA，WO/2012/024408
rbLIF protein for use in embryonic stem cell cultures，2012.8，USA，US 2012/0202286 A1
Group culture system and method with helper embryos，2010.6，USA，US 61/357，869
Anti-vibration bench for lab, China 201120531428.0
Method of production recombinant factor 7 using rabbit mammary gland, China, ZL2013I0342562.X
Medium using in oocyte and skin stem cells culture. China, 201510231663.9
Compound using in embryonic stem cells culture. China, 201510528502.6
Honors and Awards
2013 Second group talent of 333 Project. Jiangsu, China.
2011 First batch of professor in industry, Jiangsu, China.
2010 innovative and entrepreneurial talent award, Jiangsu, China.
2006 Connecticut State SBIR assessment award, CRP knockout rabbit project, Hartford, Connecticut (produced first cloned rabbit in USA)
2000 Research Fellowship, Cornell University Graduate School, Ithaca, New York
1996 Scientific and Research Excellence Award for goat nuclear transfer from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China (produced first cloned goat in China)
1995 First Prize Award for the production of cloned goats from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
1991 Award of Exceptional Scientific Achievement for production of transgenic rabbits from the Chinese Economic and Planning Commission, Beijing, China
1991 1st Prize and Research Excellence Award for establishment of transgenic animals from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China (produced first transgenic rabbits and mice in China)
Cloning and Stem Cells
Reproduction, Fertility and Development
Cell Biology International
2008 IETS meeting section editor (cryopreservation/cryobiology)