- Animal Behavior and cognition
- Physiological ecology of reptilian embryos
- sex-determination in reptiles
- Thermal biologyofreptiles
- Phenotypic variation in lizards
- Evolution of viviparity in reptiles
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, USA (Collaborative supervisor: Prof. John J. Wiens) (2016)
- Visiting Scholar, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Sydney, Australia (Collaborative supervisor: Prof. Richard Shine)(Sponsored by Jiangsu Overseas Research & Training Program for University Prominent Young & Middle-aged Teachers and Presidents Plan) (2014-2015)
- Master-Doctor Combined Program in Zoology, Nanjing Normal University, P. R. China (Supervisor: Prof. Xiang Ji) (2004-2009)
- Joint Ph.D. Program in Zoology (Sponsored by CSC), Universidad de Oviedo, Spain (Supervisor:Prof. Florentino Braña) (2008-2009)
- Calcium provision to embryos in skinks with different reproductive modes and its molecular mechanism (#31670422, Natural Science Foundation of China)
- The genetic base of phenotypic variation in Plestiodon chinensis: inferences from Pst-Fst correlation analysis (#16KJB180011, Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China)
- Phenotypic variation across Chinese skink (Plestiodon chinensis) populations: identification of phenotypes selected. (#31400341, Natural Science Foundation of China)
- The genetic base of phenotypic variation in Eremias velox: inferences from Qst-Fst correlation analysis (#BK2012849, Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province)
- The pattern and general rules of phenotypic variation in Eremias argus. (#11KJB180004, Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China)
- Environmental correlates and adaptation implications of morphological variation in lizard Eremias velox in China. (#20103207120009, Chinese Ministry of Education)
- Li, H., Elphick M., and Shine, R. Potential targets for selection during the evolution of viviparity in cold-climate reptiles. Oecologia. 183: 21–30.
- Li, H., Holleley C.E., Elphick M., Georges A., and Shine, R. 2016. The behavioural consequences of sex reversal in dragons. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 283(1832): 20160217.
- †Zhou, Z.-S, Li, H., Tong Q.-L., Lin, L.-H., and Xiang Ji. 2016. The nearly complete mitochondrial genome of the rapid racerunner Eremias velox (Squamata: Lacertidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 27: 1781–1782.
- †Fan, T.-Q, Fu, T.-L, Zhang, Y.-X, Lu, H.-L, Zhu, C.-N, Sun, S., and Li, H. 2015. Polymorphic microsatellite loci in the Chinese skink, Plestiodon chinensis (squamata: scincidae). Conservation Genetics Resources. 7: 573–574.
- Qu, Y.-F., Lu, H.-L., Li, H., and Ji, X. 2014. Incubation temperature fluctuation does not affect incubation length and hatchling phenotype in the Chinese skink Plestiodon chinensis. Journal of Thermal Biology 46: 10–15.
- Lu, H.-L., Lin, Z.-H., Li, H., and Ji, X. 2014. Geographic variation in hatchling size in an oviparous skink: effects of maternal investment and incubation thermal environment. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 113: 283–296.
- †Xu, X.-Y, Fu, T.-L, Qu, Y.-F, Zheng, X.-X, Zhu, C.-N, Sun, S., and Li, H. 2014. Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in the endangered Amur ratsnake Elaphe schrenckii (Reptilia; Squamata; Colubridae) from China. Conservation Genetics Resources. 6: 645–646.
- Li, H., Zhou, Z.-S., Wu, Ting., Wu, Y.-Q., and Ji, X. 2013. Do fluctuations in incubation temperature affect hatchling quality in the Chinese soft-shelled turtle Pelodiscus sinensis? Aquaculture. 406/407: 91–96.
- Li, H., Zhou, Z.-S., Ding, G.-H., and Ji, X. 2013. Fluctuations in incubation temperature affect incubation duration but not morphology, locomotion and growth of hatchlings in the sand lizard Lacerta agilis (Lacertidae). Acta Zoologica (Stockholm). 94: 11–18.
- Li, H., Wang, Z., Chen, C., and Ji, X. 2012. Does the variance of incubation temperatures always constitute a significant selective force for origin of reptilian viviparity? Current Zoology. 58: 812–819.
- Li, H., Zhou, Z.-S., Guo J., and Lin, L.-H. 2012. Polymorphic microsatellite loci in the rapid racerunner Eremias velox (Squamata: Lacertidae). Genetics and Molecular Research. 11: 4707–4710.
- †Chen L., Guo J., Zhou, Z.-S., and Li, H. 2012. Microsatellite markers developed for the multi-ocellated racerunner, Eremias multiocellata (Lacertidae). Conservation and Genetics Resource. 4: 711–713.
- Li, H., Zhou, Z.-S., Wu, Y.-Q., Lin, L.-H., and Lin, C.-X. 2012. Maternal thermoregulation during gravity induces hatching phenotype in Eumeces chinensis: testing the maternal manipulation hypothesis. Acta Ecologica Sinica 32: 7255–7263. (In Chinese with English Abstract)
- Li, H., Qu, Y.-F., Ding, G.-H., and Ji, X. 2011. Life-history variation with respect to the experienced thermal environments in a lizard, Eremias multiocellata (Lacertidae). Zoological Science, 28: 332-338.
- Li, H., Mao, L.-X., Shi, L.-Q., and Ji, X. 2010. Many-lined sun skinks (Mabuya multifasciata) shift their thermal preferences downwards when fasted. Asian Herpetological Research, 1: 36–39.
- Li, H., Qu, Y.-F., Hu, R.-B., and Ji, X. 2009. Evolution of viviparity in cold-climate lizards: testing the maternal manipulation hypothesis. Evolutionary Ecology, 23: 777–790.
- Li, H., Wang, Z., Men, W.-B., and Ji, X. 2009. Temperature acclimation affects thermal tolerance and preference in three species of Eremias lizards (Lacertidae). Current Zoology, 55: 258–265.
- Li, H., Ji, X., Qu, Y.-F., Gao, J.-F., and Zhang, L. 2006. Sexual dimorphism and female reproduction in the multi-ocellated racerunner, Eremias multiocellata (Lacertidae). Acta Zoologica Sinica, 52: 250–255.
- Lin, L.-H., Qu, Y.-F., Li, H., Zhou K.-Y., and Ji, X. 2012. Genetic structure and demographic history should inform conservation: Chinese cobras currently treated as homogenous show population divergence. PLoS ONE 7(4): e36334.
- Qu, Y.-F., Li, H., Gao, J.-F., and Ji, X. 2011. Geographic variation in reproductive traits and trade-offs between size and number of eggs in the king ratsnake, Elaphe carinata. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 104: 701–709.
- Qu, Y.-F., Li, H., Gao, J.-F., and Ji, X. 2011. Embryonic thermosensitivity and hatchling morphology differ between two coexisting lizards. Acta Oecologica, 37: 375–380.
- Qu, Y.-F., Li, H., Gao, J.-F., Xu, X.-F., and Ji, X. 2011. Thermal preference, thermal tolerance and the thermal dependence of digestive performance in two coexisting Phrynocephalus lizards (Agamidae), with a review of species studied. Current Zoology, 57: 684–700.
- Chen, L., Xu, H.-G., Li, H., Wu, J., Ding H., and Liu Y. 2011. Isolation and characterization of sixteen polymorphic microsatellite loci in the golden apple snail Pomacea canaliculata. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 12: 5993–5998.
- Lin, L.-H., Ma, X.-M., Li, H., and Ji, X. 2010. Phenotypic variation in hatchling Chinese ratsnakes (Zaocys dhumnades) from eggs incubated at constant temperatures. Journal of Thermal Biology, 35: 28–33.
- Lin, L.-H., Li, H., An, H., and Ji, X. 2008. Do temperature fluctuations during incubation always play an important role in shaping the phenotype of hatchling reptiles? Journal of Thermal Biology, 33: 193-199.
- Ji, X., Du, W.-G., Li, H., and Lin, L.-H. 2006. Experimentally reducing clutch size reveals a fixed upper limit to egg size in snakes: evidence from the king ratsnake (Elaphe carinata). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology A, 144: 474-478.
- Ding, G.-H., Yang, J., Xu, D.-D., Li, H., and Ji, X. 2010. Temperature dependent sex determination in reptiles. Chinese Journal of Ecology, 29: 2028–2034. (In Chinese with English Abstract)
- Qu, Y.-F., Li, H., Zhou, T., Gao, J.-F., and Ji, X. 2005. Inter- and intra-specific differences in morphological traits in three species of toad-headed lizards from Inner Mongolia. Herpetological Sinica, 10: 11-20. (In Chinese with English Abstract)
Honors and Awards
- 2011: Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Jiangsu Province.
- 2010: Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Nanjing Normal University.
- 2008: Joint PhD Student Training Program sponsored by Chinese Scholarship Council.
- 2008: President Scholarship, Nanjing Normal University.
- 2008: Excellent graduate Student Award, Nanjing Normal University.
- 2007: First Rank Award, Presentation at Chinese Herpetological Society Conference, 2007, Changsha, China.
- 2006: Excellent graduate Student Award, Nanjing Normal University.
- 2006: Third Rank Award, Light of Life Scholarship, Nanjing Normal University.
- Associate Professor of Ecology and Zoology
- Council Member of Chinese Herpetological Seciety