• PhD (Molecular Biology), Queensland University of Technology (2009)
• Bachelor of Biotechnology Innovation, Queensland University of Technology (2005)
• National Science Foundation of China Research Fund for International Young Scientists (grant no. 31950410545)
• The Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD)
• Young Foreign Experts in Economic and Technological Sectors
• Nanjing Normal University (China), Professor (7.2018-)
• Queensland University of Technology (Australia), Vice Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellow (9.2015-7.2018)
• Harvard University (United States), Postdoctoral Research Fellow (7.2014-9-2015)
• Queensland University of Technology (Australia), Postdoctoral Research Fellow (9.2013-7.2014)
• Harvard University (United States), Visiting Research Fellow (9.2012-12.2012)
• Ewha Womans University (South Korea), Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3.2012-12.2013)
• Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (Australia), Visiting Scientist (10.2009-12.2011)
• Queensland University of Technology (Australia), Postdoctoral Research Fellow (6.2009-3.2012)
• Conference Travel Award, European Society of Endocrinology (2016)
• Conference Travel Award, Cancer Council Queensland (2011)
• Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence (PhD), Queensland University of Technology (2010)
• Early Career Researcher Award, Queensland University of Technology (2010)
• Conference Travel Award, International Mammalian Genome Society (2007)
• Member, Golden Key International Honour Society (2005)
• Dean’s Merit Award, Faculty of Science, Queensland University of Technology (2002)
• Dean’s List, Faculty of Science, Queensland University of Technology (2002)
Out of 47 peer-reviewed manuscripts as of 12.2019. Only manuscripts published since the inception of the laboratory are listed.
†corresponding author; *equal contribution
1. Tian R*, Geng Y*, Thomas PB, Jeffery PL, Mutton T, Chopin LK, Baker AM, Seim I† (2019). The mitochondrial genome of the black-tailed dasyure (Murexia melanurus). Mitochondrial DNA Part B 4, 3598
2. Sun D, Zhou X, Yu Z, Xu S†, Seim I†, Yang G† (2019). Accelerated evolution and diversifying selection drove the adaptation of cetacean bone microstructure. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 19, 194
3. Seim I†, Baker AB, Chopin LK (2019). RadAA: a command-line tool for identification of radical amino acid changes in multiple sequence alignments. Molecular Informatics 38, 1800057
4. Seim I* , Jeffery P L , Thomas P B , et al. (2017) Whole-Genome Sequence of the Metastatic PC3 and LNCaP Human Prostate Cancer Cell Lines. G3 Genes Genomes Genetics: g3.117.039909.
5. Seim I* , Jeffery P L , Thomas P B , et al. (2016) Multi-species sequence comparison reveals conservation of ghrelin gene-derived splice variants encoding a truncated ghrelin peptide. Endocrine, , 52(3):609-617.
6. Seim I , Ma S; Zhou X, et al. (2014) The transcriptome of the bowhead whale Balaena mysticetus reveals adaptations of the longest-lived mammal, Aging, 6:879-899
7. Seim I , Jeffery P L , Herington A C , et al. (2014) Turtle ghrelin. Nature Genetics, 46(6):525-526.
8. Fang X# , Seim I# , Huang Z , et al. (2014) Adaptations to a Subterranean Environment and Longevity Revealed by the Analysis of Mole Rat Genomes. Cell Reports, 8(5):1354-1364.
9. Seim I , Fang X , Xiong Z , et al. (2013) Genome analysis reveals insights into physiology and longevity of the Brandt’s bat Myotis brandtii. Nature Communications, 4:2212-2212.