- Molecular plant virology
- Virus-host interactions
- Lipid biology
Postdoctoral research scholar, Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky (2014-2016)
PhD, Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky (2007-2014)
BS, Biological Science, China Agricultural University (2001-2005)
- Feng Z, Xu K*, Kovalev N, Nagy PD*. 2019, Recruitment of Vps34 PI3K and enrichment of PI3P phosphoinositide in the viral replication compartment is crucial for replication of a positive-strand RNA virus. PLoS Pathogens, 15(1): e1007530.
- Yang M, Li Z, Zhang K, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Wang X, Han C, Yu J, Xu K*, Li D*. 2018, Barley stripe mosaic virus γb interacts with glycolate oxidase and inhibits peroxisomal ROS production to facilitate virus infection. Molecular Plant, 11(2):338-341.
- Xu K, Nagy PD.2017, Sterol-binding by the tombusviral replication proteins is essential for replication in yeast and plants. Journal of Virology, 91 (7), e01984-16.
- Xu K, Nagy PD.2016, Enrichment of phosphatidylethanolamine in viral replication organelles via co-opting the Rab5 endosomes by a positive-strand RNA virus. PLoS Biology, 14(10): e2000128.
- Nawaz-Ul-Rehman MS#, Prasanth KR#, Xu K#, Sasvari Z#, Kovalev N, de Castro Martin IF, Barajas D, Risco C, Nagy PD. 2016, Viral replication protein inhibits cellular cofilin actin depolymerization factor to regulate the actin network and promote viral replicase assembly. PLoS Pathogens, 12(2):e1005440.
- Xu K, Nagy PD. 2015, RNA virus replication depends on enrichment of phosphatidylethanolamine at replication sites in subcellular membranes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 112(14): E1782-E1791.
- Xu K, Nagy PD. 2014, Expanding use of multi-origin subcellular membranes by positive-strand RNA viruses during replication. Current Opinion in Virology, 9: 119-126.
- Xu K, Lin JY, Nagy PD. 2014, The Hop-like stress induced protein 1 co-chaperone is a novel cell-intrinsic restriction factor for mitochondrial tombusvirus replication. Journal of Virology, 88(16):9361-9378.
- Xu K, Huang TS, Nagy PD. 2012, Authentic in vitro replication of two tombusviruses in isolated mitochondrial and endoplasmic reticulum membranes. Journal of Virology, 86(23):12779-12794.
- Xu K, Nagy PD. 2010, Dissecting virus-plant interactions through proteomics approaches. Current Proteomics, 7(4): 316-327.
- Xu K, Yoshida R. 2010, Statistical analysis on detecting recombination sites in DNA-β satellites associated with old world geminiviruses. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 1: 138. b
- Wang X, Cao X, Liu M, Zhang R, Zhang X, Gao Z, Zhao X, Xu K, Li D, Zhang Y. 2018, Hsc70-2 is required for Beet black scorch virus infection through interaction with replication and capsid proteins. Scientific Reports, 14;8(1):4526.
- Zhang X, Dong K, Xu K, Zhang K, Jin X, Yang M, Zhang Y, Wang X, Han C, Yu J, Li D. 2018, Barley stripe mosaic virus infection requires PKA-mediated phosphorylation of γb for suppression of both RNA silencing and the host cell death response. New Phytologist doi: 10.1111/nph.15065.
- Sasvari Z, Kovalev N, Gonzalez PA, Xu K, Nagy PD. 2018, Assembly-hub function of ER-localized SNARE proteins in biogenesis of tombusvirus replication compartment. PLoS Pathogens, 14(5):e1007028
- Nagy PD, Pogany J, Xu K. 2016. Cell-free and cell-based approaches to explore the roles of host membranes and lipids in the formation of viral replication compartment induced by Tombusviruses. Viruses, 8(3):68
- Barajas D, Xu K, Sharma M, Wu CY, Nagy PD. 2014, Tombusviruses upregulate phospholipid biosynthesis via interaction between p33 replication protein and yeast lipid sensor proteins during virus replication in yeast. Virology, 471:72-80.
- Barajas D, Xu K, de Castro Martín IF, Sasvari Z, Brandizzi F, Risco C, Nagy PD. 2014, Co-opted oxysterol-binding ORP and VAP proteins channel sterols to RNA virus replication sites via membrane contact sites. PLoS Pathogens, 10(10):e1004388.
- Shah Nawaz-ul-Rehman M, Martinez-Ochoa N, Pascal H, Sasvari Z, Herbst C, Xu K, Baker J, Sharma M, Herbst A, Nagy PD. 2012, Proteome-wide overexpression of host proteins for identification of factors affecting tombusvirus RNA replication: an inhibitory role of protein kinase C. Journal of Virology, 86(17): 9384-9395.
- Pathak KB, Pogany J, Xu K, White KA, Nagy PD. 2012, Defining the roles of cis-acting RNA elements in tombusvirusreplicase assembly in vitro. Journal of Virology, 86(1):156-171.
- Li Z, Pogany J, Panavas T, Xu K, Esposito AM, Kinzy TG, Nagy PD. 2009, Translation elongation factor 1A is a component of the tombusvirusreplicase complex and affects the stability of the p33 replication co-factor. Virology, 385(1):245-260.
- Niu S, Wang B, Guo X, Yu J, Wang X, Xu K, Zhai Y, Wang J, Liu Z., 2009, Identification of two RNA silencing suppressors from banana bunchy top virus. Archives in Virology, 154(11):1775-1783.
- 陈舒舒,许凯,徐彦军,潘灿平. 2006, 蜂蜜中氯霉素残留的检测及净化方法研究. 安全与环境学报. 6(2): 92-95.
Honors and Awards
- Jiangsu Specially-Appointed Professor (2018)
- ASV David Baltimore Traveling Award for Postdoctoral Fellows (2015)
- Excellent graduate with Bachelor degree from China Agricultural University (2005)
- Best 100 bachelor theses of the year, China Agricultural University (2005)
American Society for Virology