- His current research focuses on investigating the molecular mechanism of phenotypic development regulation in arthropods, frogs and geckos
- He is also interested in the biological basis of the Chinese mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis) migration, with a focus on the crab's navigational abilities and its distinctive circadian clock.
PhD, Zoology (Evolutionary developmental biology), Nanjing Normal University (2009)
MA, Zoology (Biodiversity), Nanjing Normal University (2006)
BA, Biology, Hunan University of Science and Technology (2003 )
- Molecular mechanism of Hox genes regulate the brachyurization development of the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis, RMB200,000 from 01/01/2011-30/12/2013, funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Identification and mRNA expression profiles of brachyurization-related Hox genes in the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis, RMB36,000 from 01/01/2011-30/12/2013, funded by Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China.
- Identification, isolation and purification of the white spot syndrome virus antigens, RMB90,000 from 01/09/2010-30/12/2012, funded by the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province.
- Identification and differential expression of MicroRNAs during brachyurization development of the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis, RMB32,000 from 01/08/2013-30/12/2015, funded by Program of National Science Research of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China.
- Molecular evolution mechanism of embryonic and larval development patterns of crabs Sinopotamon yangtsekiense and Eriocheir sinensis, RMB60,000 from 01/09/2014-30/12/2017, funded by the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions.
- Zhang GS, Yin SW*, Mao JQ, Liang FF, Zhao C, Li P, Zhou GQ, Chen SQ, Tang ZL. Integrated analysis of mRNA-seq and miRNA-seq in the liver of Pelteobagrus vachelli in response to hypoxia. Sci Rep. 2016, 6: 22907. doi: 10.1038/srep22907.
- Yan J, LIN YB, GUO WB, Li P, Zhou KY. A new species of Hemiphyllodactylus Bleeker, 1860 (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from Guizhou, China. Zootaxa, 4117(4): 543–554.
- Li P*, Jiang X, Guo W, Yan J, Zhou K*. Two heat shock cognate 70 genes in the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis: expression patterns in the processes of immune response and larval development. Genetics and Molecular Research, 2016, Accepted, in press.
- Li L#, Jia YH#, Li P#, Yin SW*, Zhang GS, Wang XL, Wang Y, Wang XJ, Zang X, Ding Y. Expression and activity of V-H+-ATPase in gill and kidney of Marbled eel, Anguilla marmorata, in response to salinity challenge. Journal of Fish Biology, 2015, 87, 28–42.
- Xu XR, Song JY, Zhang ZH, Li P, Yang G, Zhou KY*. The world's second largest population of humpback dolphins in the waters of Zhanjiang deserves the highest conservation priority. Scientific Reports, 2015, 5: 8147. doi: 10.1038/srep08147
- Wang XL, Yin DQ, Li P, Yin SW*, Wang L, Jia YH, Shu XH. MicroRNA-Sequence Profiling Reveals Novel Osmoregulatory MicroRNA Expression Patterns in Catadromous Eel Anguilla marmorata. PLoS ONE, 2015, 10(8): e0136383. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0136383.
- Yu DN, Zhang JY*, Li P, Zheng RQ*, Shao C. Do Cryptic Species Exist in Hoplobatrachus rugulosus? An Examination Using Four Nuclear Genes, the Cyt b Gene and the Complete MT Genome. PLoS ONE, 2015, 10(4): e0124825.
- Guo WB, Zhou KY*, Yan J, Li P. A new species of Hemiphyllodactylus Bleeker, 1860 (Squamata: Gekkonidae) from western Yunnan, China. Zootaxa, 2015, 3974 (3): 377–390.
- Li P*, Jiang X, Sun B, Lin Y, Yan J, Zhou K*. Identification of an alpha-tubulin gene from the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis: expression profiles under immune challenge and during larval development. J Biotechnol Biomater, 2015, 5:3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-952X.1000201
- Jia YH, Yin SW *, Li L, Li P, Liang FF, Wang XL, Wang XJ, Wang L, Su XH. iTRAQ proteomic analysis of salinity acclimation proteins in the gill of tropical marbled eel (Anguilla marmorata). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2015, doi: 10.1007/s10695-015-0186-y
- Li L #, Jia YH #, Li P #, Yin SW *, Zhang GS, Wang XL, Wang YY, Wang XJ, Zang X, Ding YD. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression of vacuolar-type-H+-ATPase B1 (VHAB1) gene in the gill of Anguilla marmorata. Genetics and Molecular Research, 2015, 14 (3): 8008-8020.
C. Zhou, P. Li. Ephemeroptera. In: Z. Li, M. Yang, D. Jin (eds.), Insects of Leigong Mountain. Guiyang: Guiyang science and technology press, 2008
P. Li, Y. Gai. Chapter vi: The method of molecular evolution and phylogenetic analysis. In: J. Wu, F. Gao, J. Shen (eds.), The manual of bioinformatics analysis. Beijing: Science Press, 2010
H. Sun, P. LI, J. Yin, Y. Ji. Chapter Xi: Monitoring of freshwater benthic macroinvertebrates. In: H. Xu et al. eds. Introduction to biological species resource monitoring. Beijing: Science Press, 2013
P. Li, J. Yan, X. Ma, K. Zhou. A modified denaturation and renaturation method of inclusion bodies from WSSV capsule membrane protein prokaryotic expression. Patent license number: ZL201210468427.5, ipc: C07K14/01, 2014.5.28
S. Yin, F. Zhu, P. Li, Y. Hu, P. Tang. The hybrid breeding method of Odontobutis potamophila and Oxyeleotris marmorata. Patent license number: ZL201310731485.7, ipc: C07K14/0, 2015.4.22
Professor of Zoology
Investigator of Biodiversity
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org