- Cardiac ion channels and channelopathies
- Cardiaovascular biology
Ph. D (Physiology), Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, P.R. China (1996.)
MS, (Physiology), Henan Medical University, Zhengzhou, Henan, P.R. China (1992).
BD (Clinical medicine), Henan Medical College, Zhengzhou, Henan, P.R. China (1983).
- Identification of novel proteins associated with the cardiac Cav1.3 channel and functional test. (National Science Foundation of Chinese to Zhang Z. No. 30570662).
- The study of cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying “loss of function” in cardiac HERG potassium channel caused by A422T and H562P mutation. (National Science Foundation of Chinese to Zhang Z. No.30871228).
- The mechanisms study of signaling modulation during the embryonic heart development. (As a co-investigator in 973 program funded to Dr. Yang ZZ. 2006CB943500).
- Cardiac safety assay of a novel fluoroquinolones. 863 projects, No. 2002AA2Z3100.
- A study of molecular mechanisms underlying the effects of changes in c-Myc activity induced by PP2A deletion on cardiac energy metabolism. (National Science Foundation of Chinese to Zhang Z. No.31171302)
- A study on the molecular and functional basis of Cav1.3 modulation in atrial arrhythmogensisis (the Collaborative Innovation Center for Cardiovascular Disease Translational Medicine of Nanjing Medical University).
- Study on the molecular mechanism underlying the regulation of cardiac sodium calcium exchanger by the core circadian clock gene Bmal1 (Major projects of Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, 16KJA180001)
- Sun XL, Yuan JF, Jin T, Cheng XQ, Wang Q, Guo J, Zhang W, Zhang Y, Lu L, Zhang Z. (2017) Physical and functional interaction of Snapin with Cav1.3 calcium channel impacts channel protein trafficking in atrial myocytes. Cell Sigal ,30,118-129.
- Han SN, Jing Y, Yang LL, Zhang Z, Zhang LR. (2016) Propofol inhibits hERG K+ channels and enhances the inhibition effects on its mutations in HEK293 cells. Eur J Pharmacol, 791:168-178, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2016.08.028
- Zhang WX, Wang P, Chen SY, Zhang Z, Liang TM, and Liu C. (2016) Rhythmic expression of miR-27b-3p targets the clock gene Bmal1 at the posttranscriptional level in the mouse liver. FASEB J, 30(6):2151-60.
- Dong DC, Li LY, Gu PY, Jin T, Wen MD, Yuan CH, Gao X, Liu C, Zhang Z. (2015) Profiling metabolic remodeling in PP2A cα deficiency and chronic pressure overload mouse hearts. FEBS Letters, 589, 3631-3639.
- Han SN, Sun XY, Zhang Z, Zhang LR. (2015) The protease inhibitor atazanavir blocks hERG K+ channels expressed in HEK293 cells and obstructs hERG protein transport to cell membrane. Acta Pharmacol Sin, 36: 454–462
- Zhang YY, Meng C, Zhang XM, Yuan CH, Wen MD, Chen Z, Dong DC, Gao YH, Liu C, Zhang Z. (2015) Ophiopogonin D attenuates doxorubicin-induced autophagic cell death by relieving mitochondrial damage in vitro and in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 352:166–174.
- Meng C, Yuan CH, Zhang CC, Wen MD, Gao YH, Ding XY, Zhang YY, Zhang Z. (2014) Ophiopogonin D protects cardiomyocytes against doxorubicin-induced injury through suppressing endoplasmic reticulum stress. Acta Pharmace Sin, 49 (8): 1117 −1123.
- Han SN, Yang SH, Zhang Y, SUN XY, Duan YY, Hu XJ, Fan TL, Huang CZ, Yang G, Zhang Z, Zhang LR. (2014) Identification and functional characterization of the human ether-a-go-go-related gene Q738X mutant associated with hereditary long QT syndrome type 2. Int J Mol Med, 34: 810-815.
- Wang L, Li J, Zhou Q, Yang G, Ding XL, Li X, Cai CX, Zhang Z, Wei HY, Lu TH, Deng XW, Huang XH. (2014) Rare earth elements activate endocytosis in plant cells. PNAS, 111(35): 12936–12941.
- Chen S, Ding Y, Zhang Z, Wang H, Liu C. (2014) Hyperlipidaemia impairs the circadian clock and physiological homeostasis of vascular smooth muscle cells via the suppression of Smarcd1. J Pathol, 233: 159–169.
- Han SN, Yang SH, Zhang Y, Duan YY, Sun XY, Chen Q, Fan TL, Ye ZK, Huang CZ, Hu XJ, Zhang Z, Zhang LR. (2013) Blockage of hERG current and the disruption of trafficking as induced by roxithromycin. Can J Physiol Pharmacol, 91: 1112–1118.
- Chen J, Yong Y, Xing M, Gu Y, Zhang Z, Zhang S, Lu L. (2013) Characterization of polysaccharides with marked inhibitory effect on lipid accumulation in Pleurotus eryngii. Carbohydr Polym, 97, 604-613.
- Guo J, Zhang XM, Hu ZS, Zhuang Z, Zhu ZH, Chen Z, Chen W, Zhao ZZ, Zhang CY, Zhang Z. (2012) A422T mutation in HERG potassium channel retained in ER is rescurable by pharmacologic or molecular chaperones. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 422 , 305–310.
- Shi J, Gu P, Zhu Z, Liu J, Chen Z, Sun X, Chen W, Gao X, Zhang, Z. (2012) Protein phosphatase 2A effectively modulates basal L-type Ca(2+) current by dephosphorylating Ca(v)1.2 at serine 1866 in mouse cardiac myocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun.418,792-798.
- Hu ZS, Guo J, Chen W, Zhuang Z, Zhao ZZ, Zhang Z. (2011) Negative charge of residue E375 in the P-loop of sodium channel Nav1.5 determines channel conductance and steady-state inactivation. Acta Biophysic Sin.27:821-827.
- Han SN, Zhang Y, Chen Q, Duan YY, Zheng TH, Hu XJ, Zhang Z, Zhang LR. (2011) Fluconazole inhibits hERG K+ channel by direct block and disruption of protein trafficking. Eur J Pharmacol. 650(1):138-144.
Honors and Awards
Graduate Teaching Achievement Award issued by Nanjing Normal University (Course Development and Application of the Research Method for Modern Biology).
Director of Chinese Association for Physiological Science (CAPS).
Member of International Society for Heart Research Chinese Section (ISHR).
Member of Chinese Society for Cell Biology (CSCB).
Secretary General for Jiangsu Society of Physiological Sciences (JSSPS).
Supervisor for Jiangsu Society of Cell and Development (CBDS).
Address: Colloge of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, P.R.China 210023