- DNA Repair and Cancer Research
- Antibody Engineering & therapeutic antibody
Nanjing University Ph.D Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 2001- 2005
Yangzhou University M.S Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 1998- 2001
Jiangxi Agriculture University B.S Biology 1994-1998
Nanjing Normal University, Professor, College of Life Science 2011.3~ Present
National Medical Center & Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Research Fellow/Staff Scientist 2006. 9~ 2011.3
Tanox /Genentech 2005 .5~ 2006.9
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
- National Key Basic Research Program of China for young scientists (2013CB911600, 5 Million RMB)
- The General Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (31271449, 800K RMB)
- Jiangsu Province Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar (BK20130044, 1 Million RMB),
- The State Key Program of Jiangsu Province Natural Science Foundation (BK20130061, 1 Million RMB)
- Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (RFDP) (20133207110005 150K RMB)
- Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education of China (NCET-13-0868, 500K RMB)
- Jiangsu Province Natural Science Foundation Projects (BK2011783, 100K RMB)
- Hongfang Sun, Xuping Wu, Ting Zhou, Jing Zhao, , Xiao Lou, Sencai Hu, Pan Feiyan, Chengzhongqin, Lingfeng He, Zhigang Guo（通讯作者）**. A novel strategy to impede cancer progression by inhibiting DNA Flap Endonuclease 1. eBiomedicine (2016) Revision.
- Pan, F., Jing Zhao, Ting Zhou, Zhihui Kuang, Huifang Dai, Huan Wu, Hongfang Sun, Xiaolong Zhou, Xuping Wu, Zhigang Hu, Lingfeng He, Binghui shen, Zhigang Guo（通讯作者）*. Mutation of DNA Polymerase β R137Q Results in Retarded Embryo Development Due to Impaired DNA Base Excision Repair in Mice. Scientific Report, 2016. 6: p. 28614.
- Ting Zhou,Yan Cao, Ying Han, Jing Zhao, Hongfang Sun,Xiaolong Zhou, Xuping Wu,Lingfeng He, Zhigang Hu,Haoyan Chen*, Binghui shen*, Zhigang Guo*. The DNA Pol β R152C Mutation Impairs Base Excision Repair and Induces Cellular Transformation. Oncotarget 2016 Feb 9;7(6):6902-15. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.6849.
- Hongfang Sun1a, Lingfeng He1a, Huan Wu1a, Feiyan Pan1, Xuping Wu2, Jing Zhao1, Zhigang Hu1, Chandra Sekhar1, Hongzhi Li3, Li Zheng3, Haoyan Chen, Binghui Shen, Zhigang Guo *. The FEN1 L209P mutation interferes with long patch base excision repair and induces cellular transformation. Oncogene. 2016 Jun 6. doi: 10.1038/onc.2016.188.
- Zhou X, Zhuang Z, Wang W, He L, Wu H, Cao Y, Pan F, Zhao J, Hu Z, Sekhar C, Zhigang Guo *. OGG1 is essential in oxidative stress induced DNA demethylation. Cell Signal. 2016 Sep;28(9):1163-71. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2016.05.021. Epub 2016 May 29.
- Hu Zhigang*, Li Jiaxin, Kuang Zhihui, Wang Meina, Azhar Salman, and Zhigang Guo *. Polymorphism and Hormonal Regulation of DNA Methylation in Scavenger Receptor Class B, Type I. DNA and Cell Biology. June 2016, 35(6): 280-289. doi:10.1089/dna.2015.3185.
- Cao Y, Yang H, Zhou X, Mao H, Gao T, Hu Z, He L, Pan F, Guo Z. Selection and characterization of human PCSK9 antibody from phage displayed antibody library. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Aug 7;463(4):712-8. (citation 1)
- L Chung, D Onyango, Guo Z, P Jia, H Dai, S Liu, M Zhou, W Lin, L Zheng, J Lopes, A Nicolas, W Chai, D Raz, KL Reckamp and B Shen. The FEN1 E359K germline mutation disrupts the FEN1–WRN interaction and FEN1 GEN activity, causing aneuploidy-associated cancers. Oncogene (2015) 34, 902–911
- GUO Z, Julie Kanjanapangka, Na Liu, Songbai Liu, Changwei Liu, Zhenxing Wu, Yingjie Wang, Tiffany Loh, Claudia Kowolik, Joonas Jamsen, Mian Zhou, Khue Truong, Yuan Chen, Li Zheng, Binghui Shen. Sequential Posttranslational Modifications Program FEN1 Degradation during Cell-Cycle Progression. Molecular Cell (2012) 47, 444–456.
- Li Zheng, Huifang Dai, Mian Zhou, Xiaojin Li, Changwei Liu, Guo Z, Xiwei Wu, Jun Wu, Charles Wang, John Zhong, Qin Huang, Julio Garcia-Aguilar, Gerd P. Pfeifer， Binghui Shen. Polyploid cells rewire DNA damage response networks to overcome replication stress-induced barriers for tumour progression Nature Communications （2012）3 ,doi:10.1038/ncomms1825 (citation 24)
- Li Zheng， Jia Jia， L. David Finger, Guo Z, Cindy Zer, and Binghui Shen. Functional regulation of FEN1 nuclease and its link to cancer Nucleic Acids Res. 2011 Feb; 39(3): 781–794.
- Li Zheng, Huifang Dai, Muralidhar L Hegde, Mian Zhou, Zhigang Guo, Xiwei Wu, Jun Wu, Lei Su, Xueyan Zhong, Sankar Mitra, Qin Huang, Kemp H Kernstine, Gerd P Pfeifer and Binghui Shen. Fen1 mutations that specifically disrupt its interaction with PCNA cause aneuploidy-associated cancer. Cell Research (2011) 21:1052-1067.
- Guo, Z. Li Zheng, Hong Xu, Huifang Dai, Mian Zhou, Mary Rose Pascua, Qin M. Chen, and Binghui Shen 2010. Methylation of FEN1 suppresses nearby phosphorylation and facilitates PCNA binding. Nature Chemical Biology (2010) 6: 766-773.
- Guo, Z., Z. Li, H. Dai, M. Zhou, H. Xu, and B. Shen. Human DNA Pol β polymorphism, Arg137Gln, impairs Pol β polymerase activity, interaction with PCNA, and base excision repair capacity. Nucleic Acids Research (2009) 37: 3431-3441
- Li Zheng, Mian Zhou, Guo, Z, Huiming Lu, Limin Qian, Huifang Dai, Junzhuan Qiu, Elena Yakubovskaya, Daniel F. Bogenhagen, Bruce Demple, Binghui Shen. Human DNA2 Is a Mitochondrial Nuclease/Helicase for Efficient Processing of DNA Replication and Repair Intermediates Molecular cell (2008) 32(3):325–336
- Guo, Z., V. Chavez, P. Singh, L. D. Finger, H. Hang, M. L. Hegde, and B. Shen. Comprehensive mapping of the C-terminus of flap endonuclease-1 reveals distinct interaction sites for five proteins that represent different DNA replication and repair pathways. Journal of Molecular Biology (2008) 377:679-90.
- Guo, Z., L. Qian, R. Liu, H. Dai, M. Zhou, L. Zheng, and B. Shen. Nucleolar localization and dynamic roles of flap endonuclease 1 in ribosomal DNA replication and damage repair. Molecular and Cellular Biology (2008) 28:4310-9.
- Physical and Functional Interaction between Human Oxidized Base-specific DNA Glycosylase NEIL1 and Flap Endonuclease 1 Muralidhar L. Hegde, Corey A. Theriot, Aditi Das, Pavana M. Hegde, Zhigang Guo,Ronald K. Gary ,Binghui Shen and Sankar Mitra. The Journal of Biological Chemistry,283,27028-27037.
- Bing Lü, ZhiGang Guo, JianSheng Liang. Effects of the activities of key enzymes involved in starch biosynthesis on the fine structure of amylopectin in developing rice (Oryza sativa L.) endosperms. Sci China C Life Sci. (2008 ) 51(10):863-71
- Guo Z1, Bi F, Tang Y, Zhang J, Yuan D, Xia Z, Liu JN. Preparation and characterization of scFv for affinity purification of reteplase. J Biochem Biophys Methods. 2006 Apr 30;67(1):27-36. Epub 2006 Feb 10.
- Chen Qian Jian-Ning Liu Fengyuan Tang Dawen Yuan Zhigang Guo and Jing Zhang. A Novel Strategy for Proteome-wide Ligand Screening Using Cross-linked Phage Matrices. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2008) 285,9367-9372.
- Ying-Jiang Zhou, Shi-Quan Wang, Jing Zhang, Wei Zhang, Feng Bi, Zhi-Gang Guo, Bi-Sen Ding, Pat Kumar, Jian-Ning Liu, Xiang-Yang Tan A novel method to isolate and map endothelial membrane proteins from pulmonary vasculature. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology ( 2005) 288(4) C950-C956
- Wei Zhang, Ying-Jiang Zhou, Zhi-Gang Guo, Feng Bi, Jing Zhang, Pat Kumar, Xiang-Yang Tan, and Jian-Ning Liu. Preparation of Tissue-Specific Monoclonal Antibodies Using Purified Endothelial Membrane Proteins from Biotinylated Pulmonary Vasculature of Rhesus Monkey. Hybridoma (2006), 25(1): 15-19.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org