Jiangsu Key Lab for Biodiversity and Biotechnology
Director: Yang Guang
Secretary: Yang Na
The Jiangsu Key Lab for Biodiversity and biotechnology was approved in August 2005, by the Education Department of Jiangsu Province. This lab based at the College of Life Sciences of Nanjing Normal University, with professor Yang Guang as the current director and professor Zhang Yaping, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, as the chairman of the academic committee.
The key lab is currently focused on the following four directions basic and applied basic study: biodiversity and conservation, Ecological adaptation and evolution of animals, Utilization of aquatic animal resources, and plant resources and environmental biotechnology. There are 42 members in the lab, including 19 professors ( 14 doctoral supervisors) and 13 associate professors, and 35 members hold PhD degree. Of the members, one obtained the National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholar and was selected as the Changjiang Scholar of the Ministry of Education of China, two was selected as the winner of The New Century Talents Project. The youth one thousand people plan, one person. The Ministry of Education in the New Century Excellent Talents ,two people. The National Natural Science Fund for Outstanding Youth Fund, one person. Jiangsu University of science and technology innovation team of outstanding academic leaders, one person. Jiangsu Province, "333 project" training, two people. Jiangsu Province, the "Blue Project" young academic leaders, four people. Distinguished professor of Jiangsu Province, one person.
- Biodiversity and conservation;
- Ecological adaptation and evolution of animals;
- Utilization of aquatic animal resources;
- Plant resources and environmental biotechnology.
Major Achievements in Recent Five Years
- Zhou, X., S. Xu, J. Xu, B. Chen, K. Zhou, G. Yang（通讯作者）. 2012. Phylogenomic analysis resolves the interordinal relationship and rapid diversification of the Laurasiatherian mammals. Systematic Biology, 61(1): 150–164. (SCI, 2012 IF=11.532, 5-Yr IF=14.219)
- 1. Zhou X, Sun F, Xu S, Fan G, Zhu K, Liu X, Chen Y, Shi C, Yang Y, Huang Z, Chen J, Hou H, Guo X, Chen W, Chen Y, Wang X, Lv T, Yang D, Zhou J, Huang B, Wang Z, Zhao W, Tian R, Xiong Z, Xu J, Liang X, Chen B, Liu W, Wang J, Pan S, Fang X, Li M, Wei F, Xu X, Zhou K, Wang J*, Yang G*. 2013. Baiji genomes reveal low genetic variability and new insights into secondary aquatic adaptations. Nature Communications, 4: 2708, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms3708. (2012 IF=10.742, 5-Yr IF=11.023).
- Yang Z*, Lowe CD, Crowther W, Fenton A, Watts PC, Montagnes DJS*. 2013. Strain-specific functional and numerical responses are required to evaluate impacts on predator–prey dynamics. ISME Journal 7: 405-416.IF=9.302
- Jiangsu Province Science and technology award first prize.