Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Aquatic Crustacean Diseases
Director: Wang wen
Secretary: Gu wei
The Laboratory was approved and set up in 2009 by the Jiangsu Ocean & Fisheries Bureau, mainly focus on the practical problems of aquaculture in Jiangsu Province, carry out major disease research of shrimps, crabs and other important economic aquatic crustaceans, focus on basic theory research and results oriented transformation and application. The laboratory currently has three research directions: 1, pathogenic gene and host immune function; 2, epidemiology and detection technology of major diseases; 3, breeding environment and disease prevention. Each direction of research are based on related research platform.
At present, the laboratory undertakes 25 national and provincial projects, more than 100 SCI papers have been published, 8 national patents had been authorized, won the first prize of science and technology in Jiangsu Province; second-class award in higher school science from Ministry of education; second-class award of the agricultural science and technology from Ministry of agriculture; first prize of marine and fishery science and technology innovation in Jiangsu Province (the first completed units). Established substantive cooperation with four laboratory in the United States, Britain, and Japan, also establish a good relationship and cooperation with five domestic university, 3 research institutions and 6 basic Scientific research units (Aquatic technology promotion stations or Aquatic animal disease prevention and control center), and cooperate with relevant aquaculture enterprises, established alliance and graduate workstations.
The Laboratory established the development goals —— " stand upright on two legs between heaven and earth", one means innovation and breakthrough in basic research, make a difference in international research in this field, the research results reached the international advanced level; the other means integrating theory with practice, combine with local actual production and demands, and carry out the effective scientific research and theoretical research results in laboratory for application, for the production line and social services as soon as possible.
- pathogenic gene and host immune function;
- epidemiology and detection technology of major diseases;
- breeding environment and disease prevention.
Major Achievements in Recent Five Years
- Study on a novel epidemic disease of aquatic crustaceans caused by spiroplasma and the key techniques for its prevention and control. First Prize for Progress in Science and Technology of Jiangsu Province for 2013. Wen Wang(1); Guoqing Meng(2); Wei Gu(3); Shaowu Yin(6); Kaihe Du(7); Yali Hu(10); Hongyang Zhu(11).
- The discovery and pathogenesis research of a novel pathogen in aquatic crustaceans. Second Prize for Nature Science Research of the Ministry of Education of Peoples,s Republic of China for 2013. Wen Wang(1); Qingguo Meng(2); Wei Gu(3); Qian Ren(6); Kaihe Du(9).
- Research on prevention and control of the tremor disease caused by Spiroplasma eriocheir. Second Prize for Progress in Science and Technology of Chinese Agriculture for 2014-2015. Wen Wang(1); Qingguo Meng(3); Wei Gu(4); Qian Ren(7); Shaowu Yin(8).
- Meng Q, Hou L, Zhao Y, Huang X, Huang Y, Xia S, Gu Wei, Wang W*. iTRAQ-based proteomic study of the effects of Spiroplasma eriocheiris on Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis hemocytes Fish Shellfish Immunol, 40:182-189, 2014. (SCI-top)
- Gu W, Yao W, Zhao Y, Pei S, Jiang C, Meng Q*, Wang W*. Establishment of spiroplasma-infected hemocytes as an in vitro laboratory culture model of Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis Vet Microbiol. 171(1-2):215-220, 2014. (SCI-top)
- Xiu Y, Wu T, Meng X, Meng Q, Wang W*. Identification and isolation of a spiroplasma pathogen from diseased oriental river prawn, Macrobrachium nipponense, in China: A new freshwater crustacean host. Aquaculture 437: 270-274,2015. (SCI-top)
- Huang X, Huang Y, Shi Y, Ren Q*, Wang W** Function of a novel C-type lectin with two CRD domains from Macrobrachium rosenbergii in innate immunity. Dev Comp Immunol.49(1):121–126, 2015 (SCI)
- Wang W* Bacterial diseases of crabs: A review J Invertebr Pathol, 106:18-26, 2011. (SCI)
- Study on the molecular mechanism of arginine metabolism in Spiroplasma resistance and pathogenic process (31570176)，2016.1-2019.12，National Natural Science Foundation of China, Qingguo Meng，￥610,000.
- Study on the immune regulation function of blood cells microRNAs during Spiroplasma infection(31272686)，2013.1-2016.12，National Natural Science Foundation of China，Wen Wang，￥800,000.