- Marine biotechnology
- The genetics breeding of fish
2000-2003: PhD in Hydrobiology at Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong .
1996-1999: MS in Zoology at Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan.
1988-1992: BS in Biology at Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan.
1. The genetics breeding of fish
2. Genetic basis and regulation mechanism of stress tolerance in fish
3. Marine biotechnology
Selected Research Projects
1. The Key Research and Development Program of Jiangsu Province,2017-2020, Breeding of new varieties of yellow catfish, high quality, high yield and resistance to disease.
2.Jiangsu Province Aquatic Three New Project,2015-2017，The research on Pelteobagrus fulvidraco(♀) ´Pelteobagrus vachelli(♂) hybrid breeding technology and application.
3.The National Finance Projects of Agro-technical popularization,2015-2017,The whole course service and technology promotion of the special aquatic products of the Yangtze River.
4.NSF of Jiangsu Province of China，2014-1017,Study on the molecular regulation mechanism of Anguilla marmorata in salinity changes.
5.The Province R&D Program of Jiangsu，2013-2016,Germplasm and breeding of Odontobutis potamophila.
6.Jiangsu Agricultural Science and Technology Independent Innovation Funds Project of China,2011-2013,Genetic improvement and good varieties breeding of Odontobutis potamophila.
7.The National Natural Science Foundation of China，2010-2012,Study on genetic diversity of germplasm resources of Cheilinus undulatus.
8.The National Natural Science Foundation of China，2008-2010,Study on the gene expression of Anguilla marmorata gonadotropin and its application.
Selected Journal Articles
1. Zhang, G., Mao, J., Liang, F., Chen, J., Zhao, C., Yin, S.*. Modulated expression and enzymatic activities of Darkbarbel catfish, Pelteobagrus vachelli for oxidative stress induced by acute hypoxia and reoxygenation. Chemosphere, 2016, 151:271-279.
2. Zhang, G., Zhang, J., Wen, X., Zhao, C., Zhang, H., Li, X., Yin, S.*. Comparative iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis of Pelteobagrus vachelli liver against acute hypoxia: Implication in metabolic responses. Proteomics, 2017, 17(17):1700140.
3. Cheng, Z., Zhang, G., Yin, S.*, Li, Z., Wang, Q., Chen, S. Integrated analysis of mRNA-seq and miRNA-seq reveals the potential roles of sex-biased miRNA-mRNA pairs in gonad tissue of dark sleeper (Odontobutis potamophila). BMC Genomics，2017, 18(1):613.
4. Zhang, G., Zhao, C., Wang, Q., Gu, Y., Li, Z., Tao, P., Yin, S.*. Identification of HIF-1 signaling pathway in Pelteobagrus vachelli using RNA-Seq: effects of acute hypoxia and reoxygenation on oxygen sensors, respiratory metabolism, and hematology indices. Journal of Comparative Physiology B. 2017, 187(7): 1-13.
5. Zhang, G., Yin, S.*, Mao, J., Liang, F., Zhao, C., Li, P. Integrated analysis of mRNA-seq and miRNA-seq in the liver of Pelteobagrus vachelli in response to hypoxia. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6: 22907.
6．Wang L, Wu ZQ, Wang XL, Ren Q, Zhang GS, Liang FF, Yin SW*. Immune responses of two superoxide dismutases (SODs) after lipopolysaccharide or Aeromonas hydrophila challenge in pufferfish, Takifugu obscurus. Aquaculture, 2016, 459:1-7.
7．Xin Wen , Li Wang , Wenxu Zhu , Dan Wang , Xinru Li , Xiaoming Qian ，Shaowu Yin*. Three toll-like receptors (TLRs) respond to Aeromonas hydrophila or lipopolysaccharide challenge in pufferfish, Takifugu fasciatus. Aquaculture ，2017，481：40-47.
8. Xiaolu Wang, Li Wang, Qian Ren, Shaowu Yin *, Fenfei Liang, Yihe Jia.Two superoxide dismutases (SODs) respond to bacterial challenge identified in the marbled eel Anguilla marmorata. Aquaculture, 2016,451:316–325.
9.Ren Q（#）, Zhong X（#）, Yin SW（#）, Hao FY, Hui KM, Zhang Z, Zhang CY, Yu XQ, Wang W*. The first Toll receptor from the triangle-shell pearl mussel Hyriopsis cumingii. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 2013,34 1287-1293
10.Yihe Jia , Shaowu Yin *, Li Li ,Peng Li , Fenfei Liang , Xiaolu Wang , Xiaojun Wang , Li Wang,Xinhua Su. iTRAQ proteomic analysis of salinity acclimation proteins in the gill of tropical marbled eel (Anguilla marmorata). Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 2015,1-12.
1. Yin Shaowu. The culture and biology research of dark sleeper (Odontobutis potamophlia) [M] . Beijing: China Agriculture Press , 2016 (ISBN: 978-7-109-22642-5)
2.Yin Shaowu ,Wu guangming.The culture technology of Marble goby [M] .Hainan Press ，2014 ISBN 978-7-5443-4002-1).
3.Yin Shaowu. The scale of breeding and ecological breeding of the ricefield eel [M] . Beijing: China Science and Technology Publishing Press, 2005 (ISBN: 7-5046-4044-1)
4. Yin Shaowu, Chen Guohua, Zhang Ben. Grouper biology research and breeding [M] .Beijing : China Science and Technology Press, 2007 (ISBN:978-7-5046-5137-2).
5.Yin Shaowu. The new aquaculture technology of the ricefield eel [M]. Hainan Sanhuan Press, 2009(ISBN:978-7-5443-3029-9)
6.Yin Shaowu, , Lin Haoran. The aquaculture technology of Eel [M]. Hainan Sanhuan Press, 2009(ISBN:978-7-5443-3030-5)
1.A fast trace detection of TTX by ion in the blood of pufferfish HPLC method(ZL201110317505.7 )
2.A method of artificial induction of gonadal maturation of Anguilla marmorata(ZL201010169556.5)
3.Primer and method for identification of Anguilla marmorata and Anguilla bicolor pacifica eel fry(ZL 201410101871.2)
4.Differential primer and method of Oxyeleotris marmoratus and Odontobutis potamophila fry(ZL201210158195.3)
5.Odontobutis potamophila and Odontobutis yaluensis hybrid breeding seedling method(ZL201310197175.1)
6、Primer and method for identification of Odontobutis potamophila, Odontobutis yaluensis and Odontobutis sinensis(ZL201310733535.5)
7.Odontobutis potamophila and Oxyeleotris marmoratus hybrid breeding method(ZL201310731485.7)
8.A method of controlling the early propagation of Odontobutis potamophila(ZL201410103794.4)
9.A method of cultivating system of Odontobutis potamophila directional mating and family selection (ZL201410749395.5)
Honors and Awards
1. The project of “The research and control on “trembling disease”of Eriocheir sinensis from
Spiroplasma eriocheiris” was awarded The Second Science and Technology Award by Ministry of Agriculture of China in 2015.( the eighth winner)
2. The project of “The novel crustacean pathogen—the research and its control technology of Spiroplasma eriocheiris ”was awarded The first Science and Technology Award by Jiangsu Province Government of China in 2013.( the sixth winner)
3. The project of “The scale breeding technology of Marble goby and its application ” was awarded The Third Science and Technology Award by Hainan Province Government of China in 2010.( the first winner)
4. The project of “Studies on genetic diversity and germplasm evaluation technology of Groupers” was awarded The first Science and Technology Award by Hainan Province Government of China in 2008. ( the first winner)
5.The project of “The research on scale breeding technology of Epinephelus malabaricus” was awarded The Second Science and Technology Award by Hainan Province Government of China in 2007.（the third winner）
Professor of Aquaculture, College of Marine Science and Engineering, Nanjing Normal University
Executive Dean of Institute for Agriculture Development of Nanjing Normal University