- Psychology of creativity and cognitive neuroscience
- Psychology of intelligence and thinking and cognitive neuroscience
- PhD in Biopsychology, Psychological Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (1998)
- Master's degree in Biopsychology, Psychological Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (1995)
- Bachelor's degree in Bioengineering, Department of Biology, Nankai University (1989)
- "Research on Major Psychological Characteristics of Chinese People (Jiangsu Part, latitudinal)", Jan. 2013 - Dec. 2015.
- Funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology under Psychological Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences (70,000yuan), co-hosted with Li Jing;
- "Cognitive Neural Mechanism of the Relations Between Creativity and Morality", Jan. 2013 - Jun. 2015. Funded by Jiangsu’s4th "333 High-Level Talent Cultivation Program" (60,000 yuan).
- "On the Function of Work Memory in Cognitive Development and Event-Related Potentials " (No. 30200082) ,Jan. 2003 -Dec.2005. Funded by National Science Foundation of China(18,000yuan).
(Note*: I am listed as the correspondence author in all the following papers. )
- Shen, Wangbing , Yuan Yuan, Chang Liu and Jing Luo . "In search of the ‘Aha!’ experience: Elucidating the emotionality of insight problem-solving". British Journal of Psychology, 2016, 107:281–298.
- Gong, Zhe, Chang Liu, Wangbing Shen. "Some Thoughts on Creativity Measurement". Advances in Psychological Science, 2016,24(1):31-45.
- Dang, Caiping , Johan Braeken, Roberto Colom, Emilio Ferrer, Chang Liu*. "Do processing speed and short-term storage exhaust the relation between working memory capacity and intelligence?" Personality and Individual Differences, 2015, 74:241–247.
- Shen, Wangbing, Yuan Yuan, Jing Luo, Chang Liu. "Neural Basis of the Core of Creativity in Intelligence". Chinese Science Bulletin, 2015, 60: 2726-2738.
- Dang, Caiping , Johan Braeken, Robert Colom, Emilio Ferrer, Chang Liu*. "Why is working memory related to intelligence?Different contributions from storage and processing." Memory, 2014,22(4): 426-441.
- Liu, Chang, Wangbing Shen, Jing Luo. "The Positive Correlation Between Creativity and Morality: Evidence from Cognitive Neuroscience Studies". Nanjing Normal University Journal (Social Science edition), 2014(4):104-115. This article was
- solicited by Nanjing Normal University Journal and was later reprinted in Journal of Psychology (Reprography of Renmin University of China, 2014, (11).
- Shen, Wangbing , Chang Liu*, Xiaojiang Zhang , Xiaojun Zhao, Jing Zhang, Yuan Yuan & Yalin Chen. "Right hemispheric dominance of creative insight: An event-related potential study". Creativity Research Journal, 2013, 25(1): 48-58.
- Chen, Yalin, Campbell JID, Chang Liu*. "The N3 is sensitive to odd-even congruency information in arithmetic fact retrieval". Experimental Brain Research, 2013, 225(4): 603-611.
- Shen, Wangbing, Chang Liu, Yuan Yuan, Shaojiang Zhang, Jing Luo. "Dynamic Time Features of Mental Impasse in Solving Insight Problems". Science China Life Sciences, 2013, 43(3): 254-262.
- Chen, Yalin & Chang Liu. "Relevance and Independence of Human Figures, Time and Space Processing". Chinese Science Bulletin, 2013, 58(25), 2609-2617.
- Dang, Caiping , Johan Braeken, Emilio Ferrer, Chang Liu*. "Unitary or non-unitary nature of working memory? Evidence from its relation to general fluid and crystallized intelligence". Intelligence, 2012, 40(5): 499-508.
- Shen, Wangbing, Chang Liu, Jing Luo, Jie Yu. "EEG Research on Early Realization of Mental Impasse Related to Insight Problems".Acta Psychology Sinica,2012, 44(7): 924-935.
Honors and Awards:
- The Chief-edited textbook for undergraduates Biopsychology (published by Beijing Higher Education Press in March, 2012 )was selected into the second batch of "12th Five-Year National-Level Planned Textbooks for Ordinary Undergraduate Education";
- The 2012 Wiley-IPCAS Prize Excellence in Psychological Science granted by Wiley Publishing Group and Psychological Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences on Nov. 30th, 2012;
- "Excellent Postgraduate Mentor" of Nanjing Normal University, 2008;
- The 6th Jiangsu Provincial "Outstanding Worker in Science and Technology" granted by Jiangsu Provincial Association of Science and Technology ,2004;
- The 3rd prize of the 8th Jiangsu Provincial Scientific Research Achievement Award in Philosophy and Social Sciences ,2003;
- Winner of "Excellent Postgraduate Courses" of Jiangsu Province, 2002
- Editorial committee member of the journal Advances in Psychological Science (2010- );
- Editorial committee member of the journal Psychological Science (2005-2009);
- Vice-chairman of Physiological Psychology Branch of Chinese Psychological Society (2009-2013; 2013- );
- Director of Physiological Psychology Committee of Chinese Psychological Society (2001-2005, 2005-2009);
- Member of the 1st Council of Brain Science and Education Research Branch of Chinese Education Society (2011- )