- Mindfulness and emotional regulation in daily life
- Mindfulness and traumatic response
- PhD, Clinical and Health Psychology, Beijing Normal University (2016)
- Joint PhD student, Clinical Psychology, University of Fribourg (2014-2015)
- MA, Psychological Counseling and Therapy, Capital Normal University (2013)
- BS, Material Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing (2010)
1) China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2018T110522), “Mindfulness intervention for the physical and psychological stress among breast cancer patients: Studies based on ambulatory assessment”, Principal investigator, 2019/06-2020/06.
2) The 13th Five-Year Plan of Educational Science in Jiangsu Province (C-c/2016/01/13), “Mindfulness-based attentional training in the application of psychology education in primary and secondary school students”, Principal investigator, 2017/01-2019/06.
3) The Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province, China (BK20171036), “The potential mechanism of mindfulness training on psychological trauma in adolescents traumatized by natural disasters”, BK20171036, Principal investigator, 2017/07-2020/06.
4) China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2017M610333), “Effects and mechanisms of mindfulness training on the fear of cancer recurrence among breast cancer patients”, Principal investigator, 2017/06-2018/09.
5) The Project of Philosophy and Social Science Research in Colleges and Universities in Jiangsu Province (2017SJB0218), “The intervention effects and mechanisms of localized mindfulness training on posttraumatic stress symptoms in adolescent survivors of Yancheng Tornado”, Principal investigator, 2017/07-2019/12.
6）Research funding from Beijing Key Laboratory of Applied Experimental Psychology, Beijing Normal University, “Effects and mechanisms of mindfulness training on quality of life among breast cancer patients”, Principal investigator, 2017/10-2019/09.
7) The National Social Science Fund (16ZDA233), A study on mental health assistance system of Chinese who lost their only child based on national survey data, Co-Investigator, 2017-2020.
8) The National Natural Science Fund (31271114), “Psychology mechanism of mindfulness training improving pain tolerance”, Co-Investigator, 2013-2016.
Journal Articles（English Publications）
1. Liu, X., Wang, L., Zhang, Q., Wang, R., & Xu, W.* (in press). Less mindful, more struggle and growth: Mindfulness, posttraumatic stress symptoms and posttraumatic growth of breast cancer survivors. Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease (SSCI, Q2)
2. Xu, W., Yuan, G., Liu, Z., Zhou, Y., & An, Y. (2018). Prevalence and predictors of PTSD and depression among adolescent victims of the Summer 2016 tornado in Yancheng City. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. Doi: 10.1016/j.apnu.2018.04.010 (SSCI, Q2)
3. An, Y., Yuan, G., Liu, Z., Zhou, Y., & Xu, W.* (2018). Dispositional mindfulness mediates the relationships of parental attachment to posttraumatic stress disorder and academic burnout in adolescents following the Yancheng Tornado. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. DOI: 10.1080/20008198.2018.1472989. (SSCI, Q1)
4. An, Y., Yuan, G., Zhang, N., Xu, W.*, Liu, Z., & Zhou, F. (2018). Longitudinal cross-lagged relationships between mindfulness, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and posttraumatic growth in adolescents following the Yancheng tornado in China. Psychiatry Research. Doi: 10.1016/j.psychres.2018.03.034. (SSCI, Q2)
5. Xu, W., Ding, X., Goh, P., & An, Y. (2018). Dispositional mindfulness moderates the relationship between depression and posttraumatic growth in Chinese adolescents following a tornado. Personality and Individual Differences, 127, 15-21. (SSCI, Q2)
6. Xu, W., Fu, G., An, Y., Yuan, G., Ding, X., Zhou, Y. (2018). Mindfulness, posttraumatic stress symptoms, depression, and social functioning impairment in Chinese adolescents following a tornado: Mediation of posttraumatic cognitive change. Psychiatry Research, 259, 345-349. (SSCI, Q2)
7. Du, J., Huang, J., An, Y., & Xu, W.* (2018). The relationship between stress and negative emotion: The mediating role of rumination. Clinical Research and Trials, 4(1), 1-5.
8. Liu, X., & Xu, W. (2018). Investigation and analysis on mental health state of breast cancer patients in China. International Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research, 1(2), 24-33.
9. Yuan, G., Xu, W., Liu, C., An, Y., Liu, Z., Li, W. (2018). Dispositional mindfulness, posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms and academic burnout in Chinese adolescents following a tornado: The role of mediation through regulatory emotional self-efficacy. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment, and Trauma. DOI: 10.1080/10926771.2018.1433258 (SSCI, Q4)
10. Yuan, G., Xu, W., Liu, Z., & An, Y. (2018). Resilience, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and posttraumatic growth in Chinese adolescents after a Tornado: The role of mediation through perceived social support. Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease, 206(2), 130-135. (SSCI, Q2)
11. Zhang, Y., Xu, W., Yuan, G., An, Y. (2018). The Relationship of posttraumatic cognitive change, posttraumatic stress disorder, and posttraumatic growth among Chinese adolescents after the Yancheng tornado: The mediating effect of rumination. Frontiers in Psychology, 9, 474. (SSCI, Q2)
12. Xu, W., Zhou, Y., Fu, Z., & Rodriguez, M. (2017). Relationships between dispositional mindfulness, self‐acceptance, perceived stress, and psychological symptoms in advanced gastrointestinal cancer patients. Psycho-oncology, 26, 2157–2161.（SSCI, Q1）
13. Xu, W., Ding, X., Zhuang, Y., Yuan, G., An, Y., Shi, Z., & Goh, P. H. (2017). Perceived haze, stress and negative emotions: An Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) study of the affective responses to haze. Journal of Health Psychology. DOI: 10.1177/1359105317717600. （SSCI, Q2）
14. Xu, W., An, Y., Ding, X., Yuan, G., Zhuang, Y., & Goh, P. H. (2017). Dispositional mindfulness, negative posttraumatic beliefs, and academic burnout among adolescents following the 2016 Yancheng Tornado. Personality and Individual Differences, 116, 405-409.（SSCI, Q2）
15. Zhong, M., Goh, P., H., Li, D., Bao, J., & Xu, W.* (2017). Dispositional mindfulness as a moderator between perceived stress and psychological symptoms in Chinese digestive tract cancer patients. Journal of Health Psychology. DOI: 10.1177/1359105317736576. (SSCI, Q2)
16. Fu, Z., & Xu, W.* (2017). Relationship between trauma-related psychotic reactions and Post-traumatic stress symptoms: the mediating role of alcohol use. International Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research, 1(1), 45-51.
17. Wang, Y., Xu, W. (co-first author), Zhuang, C., & Liu, X. (2017). Does mind wandering mediate the association between mindfulness and negative mood? A preliminary study. Psychological Reports, 120(1), 118–129.（SSCI, Q4）
18. Yu, M., Xu, W., Xie, Q., Zhu, Y., Chasson, G. S., & Wang, J. (2017). Automatic thoughts as a predictor of internalizing and externalizing problems in Chinese adolescents: A test of the cognitive content‐specificity hypothesis with age effects. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 58(5), 351-358. (SSCI, Q2)
19. Zhu, Y., Xu, W., Fu, Z., Yu, M., Xu, Q., Wang, J., & Chasson, G. S. (2017). Thought-action fusion mediates the relation between inflated responsibility and obsessive-compulsive symptoms in China: A cross-sectional structural equation model. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, 12, 23-28.（SSCI, Q3）
20. Yu, M., Tang, S., Wang, C., Xiang, Z., Yu, W., Xu, W., ... & Prigerson, H. G. (2017). Avoidance of bereavement-related stimuli in Chinese individuals Experiencing prolonged grief: Evidence from a dot-probe task. Frontiers in Psychology, 8. (SSCI, Q2)
21. Xu, W., Jia, K., Liu, X. & Hofmann, S. (2016). The effects of mindfulness training on emotional health in Chinese long-term male prison inmates. Mindfulness. 7(5), 1044-1051.（SSCI, Q1）
22. Xu, W., Oei, T., Liu, X., Wang, X., & Ding, C. (2016). The moderating and mediating roles of self-acceptance and tolerance on the relationship between mindfulness and subjective well-being. Journal of Health Psychology, 21(7), 1446-1456.（SSCI, Q2）
23. Xu, W., Wang, J., Wang, Z., Li, Y., Yu, W., Xie, Q., He, L., & Maercker, A. (2016). Web-based intervention improves social acknowledgement and disclosure of trauma, leading to a reduction in PTSD symptoms. Journal of Health Psychology, 21(11), 2695–2708.（SSCI, Q2）
24. Wang, J., Xu, W. *, Fu, Z., Yu, W., He, L., Sun, L., He, J., & Hofmann, S. G. (2016). Psychometric properties of the Chinese version of the Affective Style Questionnaire (C-ASQ) and its role as a moderator of the relationship between stress and negative affect. Journal of Health Psychology. DOI: 10.1177/1359105316679722.（SSCI, Q2）
25. Wang, Y., Xu, W., & Luo, F. (2016). Emotional resilience mediates the relationship between mindfulness and emotion. Psychological Reports, 118(3), 725-736. （SSCI, Q4）
26. Yu, W., He, L., Xu, W., Wang, J., & Prigerson, H. (2016). How do attachment dimensions affect bereavement adjustment? A mediation model of continuing bonds. Psychiatry Research, 238, 93-99. （SSCI, Q2）
27. Yu, W., He, L., Xu, W., Wang, J., & Prigerson, H. G. (2016). Continuing bonds and bereavement adjustment among bereaved mainland Chinese. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 204(10), 758-763. （SSCI, Q2）
28. Xu, W., Rodriguez, M., Zhang, Q., & Liu, X. (2015). The mediating effect of self-acceptance in the relationship between mindfulness and peace of mind. Mindfulness, 6(4), 797-802. （SSCI, Q1）
29. Xu, W., Fu, Z., He, L., Schoebi, D., & Wang, J. (2015). Growing in times of grief: Attachment modulates bereaved adults' posttraumatic growth after losing a Family member to cancer. Psychiatry Research, 230, 108-115.（SSCI, Q2）
30. Xu, W., Fu, Z., Wang, J., & Zhang, Y. (2015). Relationship between autistic traits and Hoarding in large non-clinical Chinese sample: Mediating effect of anxiety and depression. Psychological Reports, 116(1), 23-32. （SSCI, Q4, IF = 0.416）
31. Liu, X., Xu, W., Wang, Y., Williams, M., Geng, Y., Zhang, Q., & Liu, X. (2015). Can inner peace be improved by mindfulness training: A randomized controlled trial. Stress and Health, 31(3), 245-254.（SSCI, Q2）
32. Rodriguez, M., Xu, W., Wang, X., & Liu, X. (2015). Self-acceptance mediates the relationship between mindfulness and stress. Psychological Reports, 116(2), 513-522. （SSCI, Q4）
33. He, L.,Tang, S., Yu, W., Xu, W., Xie, Q., & Wang, J. (2014). The prevalence, comorbidity and risks of prolonged grief disorder among bereaved Chinese adults. Psychiatry Research, 219(2), 347-352. （SSCI, Q2）
34. Sun, L., Rampee, R. M., Tao, X., Yan, Y., Wang, S., Xu, W., & Wang, J. (2014). Psychometric properties of the Children’s Automatic Thoughts Scale (CATS) in Chinese adolescents. Child Psychiatry & Human Development, 46(4), 600-608. （SSCI, Q2）