American literature, American History, Religion and Literature
PhD, American Civilization, Nanjing Normal University (2011)
MA, American Literature, Nanjing Normal University (2000)
BA, English, Nanjing Normal University (1987)
- “Writing 9/11 as an Image Event: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close’s Iconic Narrative” in Journal of School of Chinese Languages and Culture of Nanjing Normal University (02) 2016.
- “Puritanism and liberalism: Parrington’s American Thought Reconsidered,” in Southern Review 05(2015）
- “The Puritan Rhetoric and the Symbol of ‘America’: Sacvan Bercovitch’s 2012’s Anniversary Edition of The American Jeremiad,” in Foreign Languages and their Teaching(06)2014.
- “9/11 Counternarrative: Don Delillo’s Falling Man,” in Journal of School of Chinese Languages and Culture of Nanjing Normal University(03) 2014.
- “Sacvan Bercovitch’s Puritan Imagination and the Myth of ‘America’, ” in Foreign Literatures (01)2013.
- “On Threau’s Civil Disobedence, ” in Pursuit (Jan., 2011).
- “New York Intellectuals and Their Defense for Modernist Literature,” in Academic Forum（06） 2011.
- “The Significance of John Winthrop: Hester Prynne’s Keeping Watch at Winthrop’s Bedside,” in Foreign Literature (Jan., 2011).
- “Cultural dialogue: A model of Cultural Conflict: Reading ‘Endicott and the Red Cross’ and ‘The Merry-pole of Merry Mount’,” in Foreign Literatures Quarterly 29:4 (Nov., 2009).
- “Philip Rahv’s Literary Critical Theory,” in Journal of Nanjing Normal University 156:2 (Mar., 2008).
- “Conflict and Reconcialiation: A Cultural Reading of Amy Tan’s The Joy Luck Club,” in Foreign Literatures Quarterly 21:3(Aug.,2001).
- “The Chinese Mahjong in Amy Tan’s The Joy Luck Club,” in Foreign Literature Review(Quarterly) 57:1(Feb.,2001).
- “Leaves of Grass: Voice of ‘Myself’,” in Journal of Nanjing Normal University 101:1 (Jan., 1999).
- “Existence: from loss to Freedom: Ernest Hemingway and Existentialism,” in Journal of Nanjing Normal University 114:2 (Mar., 2001).
- “A Cultural Critique of Amy Tan’s Novels,” in Journal of Liaoning Normal University 24:6 (Nov., 2001).
- “Symbolism in The Great Gatsby,” in Foreign Literature Studies 84:2(June 1999).
- “The Binary Opposition and Deconstruction: Behind the Mother-Daughter Relationship in The Joy Luck Club.” in Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Special Issue for Foreign Languages and literature) (Dec., 2002).
- “The Color Purple: A Tragic and Enlightening Song for Black Women.” In Gu Jiazu Ed., Collected Papers in the Foreign Languages and Literature in the New Century. Nanjing: Southeast University Press, 2001.
- Philip Rahv, Nanjing, China: Yinlin Press, 2013.
- Puritanism and America: An Inquiry into the Root of the American Mind, Beijing: Central Complition & Translation Press, 2015.
- A Documentary History of American Civilization, Beijing: Central Complition & Translation Press, 2014. (coauthored with Qian Mansuo; my writings and translations include Chapters 6,9,37,39 and 40.)
- A History of America, (a forth-coming book coauthored with Qian Mansuo)