1. Approval Year: 2013
2. Leader: Xin Bin
Zhang Jie, Klaus-Uwe Panther, Zhang Hui, Ni Chuanbin, Lin Minjie, Liu Yuhong, Xu Xiaodong
Innovative Research Team on Semiotic Cognition (IRTSC), approved by Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education in 2013, is a team doing cognitive researches in semiotics at Nanjing Normal University, focusing on the study of meaning-making employing and integrating methods and theories developed in the cognitive sciences as well as in the human and social sciences, notably in semiotics, linguistics, psychology, cognitive science, computational modeling, anthropology, and philosophy.
5. Research Content:
(1) theoretical studies on Semiotic Cognition;
(2) practical application of semiotic cognition;
(3) mechanism of semiotic cognition.
6. Representative Achievements:
- Xu, Xiaodong. 2013. Processing biological gender and number information during Chinese pronoun resolution: ERP evidence for functional differentiation. Brain and Cognition.
- Panthe, 2012. Conceptualizing humans as animals in English verb particle constructions. Language Value.
- Panthe, 2014. Metonymy and the way we speak. Revista Española de Lingüística Aplicada.
- Zhang, Hui. 2013. ERP Correlates of Chinese Idiom Comprehension. Journal of Neurolinguistics.
- Zhang, Hui. 2013. Electrophisiological Insights into the processing Figurative Two-part Allegorical Sayings. Journal of Neurolinguistics.
- Yu, Hongbin. 2013. A Carnival Pilgrimage: Cultural Semiotics in China. Semiotca.
- Yu, Hongbin. 2013. Enter the Dragon: Sebeok‘s Chinese Connection. Biosemiotica.
- Xu, Xiaodong. 2015. Topic shift impairs pronoun resolution during sentence comprehension: Evidence from event-related potentials. Psychophysiology.