Ph.D. & Professor of Sociology Department, Chair of MSW Education Center
Nanjing Normal University
School of Social Development
122 Ninghai road
Nanjing, Jiangsu province, 210097, P.R. China
Phone: 86-13951708537(CHINA)/Fax:86 25 83598437
2009-2010 Visiting scholar, School of Social Policy and Practice,
University of Pennsylvania
2001-2006 Nanjing University, Jiangsu Province, China. Sociology, Ph.D
Title of dissertation: The Study on the Social Support of Psychopaths
1993-1996 Nanjing University, Jiangsu Province, China. Sociology, M.D.
Title of thesis: How to cope with the Higher medical costs?
Nanjing University, Jiangsu Province, China. Politics, B.A.
MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS
Social support for vulnerable group, especially for the patients with problem of mental health, PLWHA, social policy, social work for health, social work for teenagers, community mental health, social services for the disaster zone.
05/2011—Present Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Nanjing Normal University
02/2008-06/2015 Head of Sociology and Social Work Department, Nanjing Normal University
05/2003-04/2011 Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Nanjing Normal University
03/1997-07/2003 Instructor, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Nanjing Normal University
08/1986-07/1991 Chief Technician, Institute of Dermatology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS)
2009-Present Founder and director of Association for Study of the Disabled
2008-Present Standing Trustee of China Association for Social Work Education
2003-Present Nanjing Society of Sociology Standing Trustee
2003- Present Jiangsu Society of social psychology Standing Trustee
1997-Present Member of Chinese Sociological Association
2013 Paper “The Procedural Explore on Social Construction” won the first prize at the annual conference of China Association of Social Work Education in the 2013.
Paper “Reflection of Social Policy on the disaster relief after Wenchuan Earthquake in Perspective of the Social Quality Theory” won the second prize at the Annual National Conference of the Chinese Sociological Association.
2008 Paper “The Research on the Causation and Prevention about the mental disability under the New Era” won the first prize at the Jiangsu Disabled Persons' Federation.
2007 Report "The Research on the Causation and Prevention about the mental disability under the New Era" won the third prize at the China Disabled Persons' Federation.
2015 The Wonderful Lessons, the National Department of Education
2015 The Teaching and Educating Award, Nanjing Normal University
2005 The Ten Excellence in Teaching Award, Nanjing Normal University
- Hua, Juxiang. (2008). Support and Balance - An Empirical Study of Mental Health.Beijing: People's Publishing House.
- Liu, Jitong. Hua, Juxian. (2008). Medical Social Work. Beijing: Higher Education Publishing House.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2003). Social Policy and Rules of Law. Beijing: Social Science Documentary Publishing House.
- Wu, Yiming. Hua, Juxiang. (2002). Chinese Social Security System. Nanjing: Nanjing Normal University Publishing Co.
- Wu, Yiming. Hua, Juxiang. (2002). Items of Social Security and its Implementation. Nanjing: Nanjing Publishing Co.
- Wu, Zengji, Hua, Juxiang. (2000). Contemporary Sociology. Shanghai: Shanghai Renmin Publishing House.
- Zhu, Li. Hua, Juxiang.(2001). Conspectus of Social Work. Nanjing: Nanjing University Publishing Co.
- Yu, Kunqi. Hua, Juxiang. (1999). Modern Life Style and Traditional Culture. Beijing: Science Publishing House.
- Juxiang Hua, Catherine Boland Emrick, Carol E. Golin, Kangping Liu, Jie Pan, Meijing Wang, Xinyan Wan, Wendong Chen & Ning Jiang. (2014). HIV and Stigma in Liuzhou, China，（SSCI）AIDS and Behavior，18(S2)：203-211, ISSN 1090-7165. AIDS Behav. DOI 10.1007/s10461-013-0637-3
- Hua, Juxiang. (2012).The Research on Rural children's relief under the mode of social ecological theory -- An Empirical Report from Child Welfare Demonstration project in Shanxi China. Contained in the contemporary Chinese social relief system. Published by the People's Publishing House.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2011). "Transition and integration: the professional and operational nature of social support for patients with mental illness", Jiangsu social science 5(252):33-37. Reprinted in Social Work Duplicated Materials by Renmin University of China (No.1, 2011):53-57
- Hua, Juxiang. (2011 Translation) Welfare and Responsibility, In Perspective on Welfare: Ideas, Ideologies and Policy Debates, chapter four. Shanghai: Shanghai People's Publishing House.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2010). The Application of Social Resources in the Prevention and Control of Mental Disability. The Development of Disabled 1(1):25-31.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2010). The Integration of Security, Cohesion, Inclusion and Empowerment in Disaster Relief, Social Science 12(364):96-104. Reprinted in Social Work Duplicated Materials by Renmin University of China (No.3, 2011):34-41
- Hua, Juxiang. (2009). Reflection of Social Policy on the disaster relief after Wenchuan Earthquake in
- Perspective of the Social Quality Theory Hua, Juxiang.
- (2007). Discussion of the ecological path on Young. Contemporary Young Research.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2006). Build Harmonious Doctor-Patient-Relationship by Social Work. Study and Practice.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2005). Effect of Idolatry in Nurturance Education. Contemporary Young Research. Hua, Juxiang. (2005). Research on Time’s Order of Social Work’s Intervention in the Domain of Public Health. Social Science Journal.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2004). On the Involvement of Social Work in Public Health Emergencies—Social Work of Multi-Department-Cooperation Model. Academic Forum.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2004). Explore the Interactive Education for High school and University Students from Idolatry. Education Research and Exploration.
- Hua, Juxiang. (2003). Social Problems and the Role of Social Work. Chinese Social Work in Transition.
- Organizer of Project: Research on the construction of urban community mental health service system, sponsored by National Social Science Fund Project(2014-2017).
- Organizer of Project: Project Evaluation for The Promotion of Orphan’s Rights, sponsored by The Amity Foundation(2013)
- Organizer of Project: The Exploration on PLWHA Social Support needs and Services -- Taking Liuzhou as an example, Sub Project of R24:The Cooperation of Humanities and Social Sciences with public health " sponsored by Renmin University and UNC(2010-2013)
- Organizer of Project: The care for AIDS affected and vulnerable children based on the family and community. Sponsored by the United Nations Children's Fund and the Ministry of civil affairs of China(2010-2016)
- Organizer of Project: “Research on the Social Support for Adolescent Mental Health from the Perspective of Social Work”, sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Education. (2009-2011).
- Organizer of Project: “Study of Adaptability of Mental Disease Patients”, sponsored by Jiangsu Province Philosophy and Social Science Foundation. (2007-2009).
- Organizer of Project: “Social Workers and Volunteers for People's Livelihood and Social Stability" sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Civil Affairs. (2009).
- Organizer of Project: “Study of Medical Social Work”, sponsored by Nanjing Normal University. (2006-2008).
- Organizer of Project: “Analysis of Causation and Preventives of Mental Disorder and Study of its Multi-dimension Policies ” sponsored by Jiangsu Province Handicapped People Association. (2006-2007).
- Organizer of Project: “Study of Social Transition and Individual Mental Security” sponsored by Nanjing Normal University Research Foundation. (2007).
- Organizer of Project: “Study of Social Work’s Intervention in the Domain of Public health” sponsored by University Humanity Science Research Project of Jiangsu Province. (2004-2005 (2007).).